Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    - roll a melee, specifically DH as it only takes 2 buttons to win 1v4.
    - look for any caster & use insane mobility to lock onto them, dont forget to stun them. if they for some reason don't die within that stun then interrupt their spellcast.
    - rinse & repeat till you are master of the universe.

Deleted
    updated the guide including the following list:

here you can see what rating you need to get better gear:

• 0000-1600 rating => 840 ilvl
    • 1600-1900 rating => 850 ilvl
    • 1900-2200 rating => 860 ilvl
    • 2200-2400 rating => 870 ilvl (Elite Gear)
    • 2400-3xxx rating => 880 ilvl (Elite Gear)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
    To be clear, the item that dropped for you has the visuals of Elite Gear (version with additional details and color)? Did anyone else drop that as well?
    it was a bug that is now fixed!

--- update on ELITE gear: you need to to have a rating of 2200 or higher in order to have a chance to get a piece of Elite PvP gear from winning rated Arenas/Battlegrounds. The Elite PvP gear has an ilvl of 870 or higher ---
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2016-10-09 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    update: only the first 34 artifact traits are active in instanced PvP. the passive dmg/heal bonus you get from spending >34 points is not active, making the grind less of a grind.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2016-09-28 at 08:04 PM.

They should have give gear based on your pertencile rank, not a fixed rating. They clearly don't give a shit about pvp.

I don't like pvp in legion at all.(the instanced one, at least)

while it makes some sense in an arena 3vs3 sandbox at higher ratings, it does not make sense or fun anywhere else.

PvP gear is a must, at least the casual pvp won't work without it, since there is no incentive to play it, this game only works with carrots in front of the players, if its pvp or pve does not matter at all in a game like wow, people that won't no customized characters and stats can play counterstrike instead, indeed.

Its pretty much a diablo clone that is all about gear, just with more content and players(and more co-op)

the random arenas, arena skirmishes and even old ashran(for range dds at least it was kinda fun) provied much more pvp fun then anything i saw in legion.

Most wpvp quest spots are empty with human players as opponents and if you have to do some pvp wq without those towers, that lack any horde or alliance players- you basicly only fight your own faction - this is fun for a while and remembers a bit on the timless isle times, but it sthe only thing you could do. The CRZ could better be used to arrange fights against the other faction for example at those pvp towers, just hitting all the same pve mobs isn't pvp and isn't fun, why it is rewarding honor at all?

FAILDESIGN

You feel also the increased que times for random bgs...the rewards sucks currently no one wants to play it, other than the desperate, uniformed, or prestige junkies.

Also it sucks in Wpvp that your honor talents are not PERMANENTLY ACTIVE. I do some red potions for healing with my rogue and they simply disappear after i seek another opponent after a battle......wth?

FAILDESIGN

this games is, and feels very unpolished - like every or most expansions starting out early on so far. I hope the dev team can learn from this unpleasant expierence and try to make PvP fun and REWARDING again. The stat templates have to go in any case, no one likes this, that we must reduce some op abilities in instanced pvp is ok for me, though.

Too much babysiting and restrictions in pvp destroys the fun in instanced pvp.
    If its really needed for wow beeing an competitive esport(my guess why they made all of this, this pvp system change was not a popular demand by any means) then, heavy use of templates of any sort and restrictions should be used in rated arena and rated bgs only and maybe even skirmish for practice.

But normal bgs should be restored to the past glory, and there must be a system that slowly rewards good gear, not a system that will be at least in place since 7.1. due to technical reasions(Holinka quote here) that rewards you with inferior gear, its not even wanted that way by the PvP Lead Designer, but its what we got right now.

And i am one of these people that did not even abuse gear at all i just like the competition of some wild power, also in instanced pvp environments why remove this out of the sudden? PvP characters in a mmo have a right of customization, too! Stop the evil communism, now!
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-09-29 at 07:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    PvP gear is a must, at least the casual pvp won't work without it, since there is no incentive to play it, this game only works with carrots in front of the players, if its pvp or pve does not matter at all in a game like wow, people that won't no customized characters and stats can play counterstrike instead, indeed.
    Prestige rewards are pretty cool. Check 'em out. Also, raid level gear from 1600+ rating is rather swish.

I am absolutely fine with not having to raid to get my best weapon and trinkets for PvP(especially since I'm not doing Heroic/Mythic Raiding this expansion). Aren't you?

Its pretty much a diablo clone that is all about gear, just with more content and players(and more co-op)
    Sounds great. In fact most people on this and the Official forum, as well as reviews have used the Diablo comparison as praise.

the random arenas, arena skirmishes and even old ashran(for range dds at least it was kinda fun) provied much more pvp fun then anything i saw in legion.
    That... is Legion. So, yay for Legion!

You really don't like the Honour Talents? Prestige rewards? New Arenas are nice. Faster balance is cool thus far.

Most wpvp quest spots are empty with human players as opponents and if you have to do some pvp wq without those towers, that lack any horde or alliance players- you basicly only fight your own faction - this is fun for a while and remembers a bit on the timless isle times, but it sthe only thing you could do. The CRZ could better be used to arrange fights against the other faction for example at those pvp towers, just hitting all the same pve mobs isn't pvp and isn't fun, why it is rewarding honor at all?
    If your server has an inbalance, CRZ isn't a bad idea to sort that out. Are you saying you only run into your faction in Brook Hold(?) and I'mFlyingOnADragon(?) free-for-all place? I actually prefer killing my own faction. Makes for some good banter (Read: Banter. Not insults).

Also it sucks in Wpvp that your honor talents are not PERMANTENTLY ACTIVE. I do some red potions for healing with my rogue and they simply disappear after i seek another opponent after a battle......wth?
    Sorry, "red potions"? Also, isn't Outlaw Rogue one of the best WPvP specs at the moment with "Run Through" critting for 7-900k due to not adhering to stat templates.

this games is, and feels very unpolished - like every or most expansions so far. I hope the dev team can leanr their lessons and try to make PvP fun and REWARDING again. The stat templats have to go in any case.
    Nah, it's one of the neatest expansions I've experienced. Everything was ready to go. They're just trying a new system out. I hope they stick with stat templates.

But normal bgs should be restored to the past glory.
    Can you explain? Please don't say three day AV.

Iam doing heroic raids righ now and mythic+ and have no icentetive or even joy to bother with this kind of pvp, that does not fit a mmo about gear very well, i thought people should be used to the gear grind after 10+ years lol
    You must be very busy. Luckily you can use the item level from your raiding and dungeons to hop into PvP without worry of juggling both! Also, just because we're used to something after a decade, that doesn't mean we should keep doing it that way because our fathers did and their fathers did.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2016-09-29 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Prestige rewards are pretty cool. Check 'em out. Also, raid level gear from 1600+ rating is rather swish.

I am absolutely fine with not having to raid to get my best weapon and trinkets for PvP(especially since I'm not doing Heroic/Mythic Raiding this expansion). Aren't you?
    First off, is this internet irony?

why not? i think this expansion is the best time to do raid, due to the flawed gear rewards even in higher rated pvp and lack of participation.

i am all in for this right now...after i saw what happened with the pvp system, where is a point doing a random bg after a long raid nowdays?

Also i can assure you there are way less high rated players in an arena than mythic raiders, so most people will not benefit with such a tight system regarding the incentive to play it(good gear).

Holinka even stated in twitter this will change come 7.1.

With less players in pvp zones i mean the watch tower pvp world quests. There are no players of the opposite faction to defend them you only kill pve guards with other players of your own faction, this is not pvp content and shouldn't be rewarded with honor points?

What has the bursty dmg of run through anything to do with my crimson vials that i can create with this pvp talent: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=212210/...up-me-hearties

they work like the green warlock stones, but, disappear when you dont face an opponent in open pvp even a dedicated pvp zones like an open world arena for a few sec, and you have to recast them - its pretty annoying to handle pvp talents like that. should be always active in the open world on a pvp server and pvp dedicated zone.

No, this expansion is far from polished regarding pvp, the pve part was much better implemented......by a landslide actually.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-09-29 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyn View Post
    They should have give gear based on your pertencile rank, not a fixed rating. They clearly don't give a shit about pvp.
    That would make too much sense, but this is Blizzard we are talking about lol.

Deleted

What I noted (at least on my server), is that after 2 weeks of the patch there was ppl with 850+ it lev, some even with 2 legendaries (one of them equipped), earned due to some bug I read somewhere.
    Still remember that rogue in world (no pvp talents enabled cause he was not engaged in pvp combat), no potions and... he had something like 2000k hp... AFTER TWO WEEKS ? One week after raids were enabled, there was ppl already doing hm content + ppl with 860 pieces. Guess these players are usually called "nerds" who spend at least 8-10 hours a day logged in. Honestly I work 8 hours a day and I have time to play lets say 2, may be 3 hours a day, not to mention that if I want to play 2 classes and keep them at a decent level it would be nearly impossible. Indeed in 2 hours I barely complete the main world quests (artifact, pvp, faction, some items...). And it is like a dog biting his tail, if the 'nerd' has already high it lev he will do world content even faster and kill bosses even faster and.. and ... widening even more the gap with the 'normal' player.
    Now I really do not understand this blizzard policy. 1st of all this game is called WORLD of warcraft, let me repeat it, WORLD of warcraft, not arena of warcraft or battleground of
    warcraft or dungeon of warcraft. And what I really appreciate of legion, and in general, are the quests, world quests reward, to visit the whole broken isles, the quest lines in suramar and so on. Problem: on my server there are abt 70% horde vs 30% alliance players, and through cross realm there are even more horde players of course but thats not that big deal. The big deal are the 'nerds' which are 'dressed' with an it lev that can shot you easily with no challenge if you are (like normal ppl are) at 10-15 it levs below them. Not to mention that obviously these nerds are waiting for you to shot you as soon they see u have 200 hp less than them, making you waste even more time by getting back to your corpse etc...
    One more thing, my dear blizzard, you compare and reward mithyc raid content 880+ to pvp players who are at 2800+ rating ? you kidding right ? mythic pve is just mechanics and any player who has seen a video of boss mechanics can follow that mechanic quite easy without using brain, not exactly what happens in arena at 2800+ rating. But that again is not the main problem.
    Honestly I love world pvp, using all the accessories gadgets and so on, and the existence of pvp servers are exactly the reason for world pvp which is what blizzard wants (otherway blizzard would not have created pvp servers). But I rly do not like being shotted by some cute nerdies whose only ability and merit is to stay logged 10hours/day. If this is again blizzards policy (like it was in vanilla) and I mean the policy "the more you nerd around the more you will be rewarded and be able to shot other players" well, blizzard, let me tell you this is not the way I see the game and I won't give you money anymore. This makes not pvp WILD AND FUN as you write in the 'legion pvp guide' topic on this forum. Many players simply cannot, or do not want to spend their lives on Azeroth, and I think that if I play 2 hours/day I should have the exact same item level, the same artifact power, the same profession progress of someone who is playing 12 hours a day, and you know why ? BECAUSE I PAY THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY THE "NERD" DOES.
    Last thing. Let me remember you that your companys goal is not to make players play this game and let them stay logged 12 hours/day on your precious servers, players staying logged in 12 hours/day are anti-economic for you. Your companys goal is to make money. NOTHING MORE, just MAKE MONEY, you are not making charity at all. After a player bought the expansion, (lasting abt 2 years average) what you want, my dear blizzard, is ppl to pay average 11usd x 24 months, it is about 264 usd. Well, money is not that big deal for me (and I guess for many other ppl too which works like me). I know you will never do it but I like to provoke a bit... just give us poor '2 hours/day normal players' the possibility to purchase for usd/eur the item level (lets say after 3 weeks 850 it lev, after 3 months 860 it lev, after 9 months 875 it lev, after 14 months 880+ it lev) for a total expense of 200-220 usd. I know you will probably say "then where is the fun ?". Let me answer you that "The fun is in being shotted again and again in world content by some f*kin stalkers who don't have a life out there".

Deleted
    has anyone recieved an item with a higher ilvl than 840 from arenas yet?

if so, please tell us rating and ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    has anyone recieved an item with a higher ilvl than 840 from arenas yet?

if so, please tell us rating and ilvl
    I watched ziqoftw's stream today and him and his teammate talked about getting 865 and 870 item. I think another 860-865 as well.
    All from Arena, 3v3.

No idea about the rating, but as he's R1 every season, pretty sure it's easily above 2k.

Deleted
    so it seems like 870+ ilvl gear can be obtained through PvP as soon as you hit 2.1-2.2k rating.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can add in what I recieved this week on the weekly. 860 ring from 2v2 (1950 current rating, 2.1k mmr) and 850 trinket (1500 current rating, around 1800 mmr I think) from 3s. This was the weekly guaranteed drops. My team mate recieved the same ilvl in 2s at least.

Edit: Also, this thread should be stickied.. The initial post explains soo much that is asked on an every-day basis. Might be a good idea to update the thread title slightly though. To show that it's mainly about gear and talents etc, the general "how it works" rather than "how to become a good player" or whatever.
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2016-10-06 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chiming in that I received higher item level this week. Looks to be fixed!

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done any PvP yet. How long will it take to get level 50 honor then prestige and get to 50 again?

This Doomhammer skin is literally the only thing I want from PvP this entire expansion

Deleted
    Both me and my friend got 875 from 2200 in 2v2. Mine was elite too. Our guildies got 880 from 2400 in 2v2 I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Haven't done any PvP yet. How long will it take to get level 50 honor then prestige and get to 50 again?

This Doomhammer skin is literally the only thing I want from PvP this entire expansion
    in 7.1 you can do prestige without any penalties. which means you can just click 'prestige' and then keep doing Battlegrounds/Arenas (rated/unrated) without losing any honor talents. if you are still honor level 1 then make sure to look out for skirmish/battleground 'weekends' and then spam q to get honor fast. once 7.1 hits you click 'prestige' and just farm level 50 again. it takes like a week of playing 4-5 hours a day (with no active pvp event).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    Both me and my friend got 875 from 2200 in 2v2. Mine was elite too. Our guildies got 880 from 2400 in 2v2 I think.
    so PvP players with 2.400 rating get gear that is equal to mythic raid gear. not sure if this threshold is too low honestly... we will know the moment PvE players start complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    in 7.1 you can do prestige without any penalties. which means you can just click 'prestige' and then keep doing Battlegrounds/Arenas (rated/unrated) without losing any honor talents. if you are still honor level 1 then make sure to look out for skirmish/battleground 'weekends' and then spam q to get honor fast. once 7.1 hits you click 'prestige' and just farm level 50 again. it takes like a week of playing 4-5 hours a day (with no active pvp event).

- - - Updated - - -

so PvP players with 2.400 rating get gear that is equal to mythic raid gear. not sure if this threshold is too low honestly... we will know the moment PvE players start complaining.
    How is that too low? 2400 is like the top 1-2% of pvp players. Getting 2400 is a LOT harder than executing your rotation and standing out of the fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    How is that too low? 2400 is like the top 1-2% of pvp players. Getting 2400 is a LOT harder than executing your rotation and standing out of the fire.
    Don't even know why so many are concerned someone else might get too much gear playing normally when everyone and their mom sells boosts nowadays.