Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have any actual high up drug dealers been killed? Or is it just random people who've pissed off the wrong person and low level drug pushers?

He needs to catch a bullet.

He has essentially encouraged any moron with a grudge to go out and do some killing. You looked at me wrong? I'll shoot you and say you were a dealer/junkie.

As if his country wasn't already a poverty ridden shithole, its now a murdery poverty ridden shithole.
    Completely and totally false. Here are GDP growth rates over the last 6 years:

2010: 7.6%
    2011: 3.7%
    2012: 6.7%
    2013: 7.1%
    2014: 6.1%
    2015: 5.8%

The Philippines is a growing and thriving developing country that is making the switchover from poor and underdeveloped to moderately wealthy, thriving, and developed. Along they way, they are having new pollution issues, though not as bad as China, and also crime issues as people that are being left behind are not taking it well. It is now suddenly majorly profitable to rob people as others have items that are actually of some value.

Rightly or wrongly, the election of Duterte is meant to accomplish several goals: 1 is to establish that the Philippines is not a puppet state and 2 is to make the Philippines safe. 1 - make the Philippines safe from outsiders (and this includes the US), and 2 - make the Philippines safe from other Filipinos.

What the media leaves out when discussing Duterte is that he also is building upon what has done before by expanding trade and good relations with other countries. Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore are just some of the countries that the Philippines is expanding relations with, and for the most part is trying to stay out of the US-China war by replacing relations with the big 2 with relations with all of the other countries in the region.

The Filipinos I know completely ignore the US media when it reports on the Philippines. Most Filipinos that I know think that the US Media lies too much, and reports biased "news" reports that are mostly false and very much exaggerated.

People are applauding this action but this is how genocides start. He is legalizing or rather legalized the mass killings of anyone as long as one says they did drigs. It's against Filipino law actually but it's like he just said what's ever fuck the law lets kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Is that why nearly a million people a year leave the country? Or why in the entire country of 85 million people, there are only 35,000 immigrants - most of whom are of Filipino ancestry, but were born in other countries?

Is that why all of the people who I personally know from the Philippines say it's a shithole and they are glad they left - and will never be going back, due to how fucked up your government is?

I'm not some conspiracy nut, but you sound like a fucking shill.

Maybe you're just afraid to voice any other opinion?
    I can see why; with virtually anyone who speaks out against the government either disappearing, or simply going missing.

Just so we're clear on what a "90% approval rating" actually means; here's another guy with a 90% approval rating:

that gut putin too, all the great leaders got the 97.5% approval rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    He has a 90% approval rating in his own country. Soldiers and police would kill for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I know this for a fact because i live here.
    see... if his people want it. who the fuck are we to judge?
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

He has a 90% approval rating in his own country. Soldiers and police would kill for him.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem.

Well the country is seriously overpopulated and getting people off drugs rarely works in the long-run.

So he has devised an Endlösung, if I am not mistaken, the commies in China also got rid of Opium in rather brutal - but efficient - fashion. It is gruesome to behold, let alone think of, but stuff like this also makes me realize how blessed and fortunate people of the West are. To not have these sorts of problems or these sorts of leaders.

That said, it is not our business how they solve their issues. The efficiency of this guy's solution cannot be questioned (IMO) but it is horrific and downright blunted, a good reflection of what kind of civilization he presides over. One day, these civilizations may rise above the level of barbarism. But it is not this day or any day in the near future.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2016-10-08 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    "I'll be ousted? Fine. (If so) it's part of my destiny. Destiny carries so many things. If I die, that's part of my destiny. Presidents get assassinated."

Holy Shit what a based motherfucker. They aren't made like this anymore.
    Becease sane people do not want somebody like that in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    Well the country is seriously overpopulated and getting people off drugs rarely works in the long-run.

So he has devised an Endlösung, if I am not mistaken, the commies in China also got rid of Opium in rather brutal - but efficient - fashion. It is gruesome to behold, let alone think of, but stuff like this also makes me realize how blessed and fortunate people of the West are. To not have these sorts of problems or these sorts of leaders.

That said, it is not our business how they solve their issues. The efficiency of this guy's solution cannot be questioned (IMO) but it is horrific and downright blunted, a good reflection of what kind of civilization he presides over. One day, these civilizations may rise above the level of barbarism. But it is not this day or any day in the near future.
    I gotta be honest I'm fairly ignorant to the problems in the Phillipines and really don't know if the drug issue was that bad before this guy came in to office. If the issue was anywhere near as bad as say it is in Mexico, on a weird level I can understand why this type of thing is happening and why the citizens voted for this guy. That's just the thing, you can't really just pin it on Duterte anyways, the people wanted this guy in power, at least it appears, and he is really just giving the voting base something that they want to happen.
    Last edited by RickJamesLich; 2016-10-08 at 01:40 PM.

ITT: Westerns getting triggered.

- - - Updated - - -

90%? Last I read it was just 76%.

Of course what we think is relevant, the Phillipines is an American client state, and we have plenty of leverage over them that we can use if they start undermining American interests and credibility over there. If they continue to insult our government then we have to right to refuse them arms sales, which would be a problem seeing as they have an aggressive and expansionistic neighbor that poses a MUCH bigger threat to them than some small time drug pushers.
    Duterte is quite aware that a large segment of the American population views the Philippines just as you do. He is also aware that America is really good at taking down people that we don't like - Hussein is dead, Iraq is in ruins, Qadafi is dead, his country is in ruins, and Assad is still alive, but his country is also in ruins. He knows that we have the strength, determination, and will to kill him off and destroy HIS country as well. He knows that during the Iraq war in the early 2000s, Bush's approval rating was over 90%. He knows that if the US decides to bomb and then invade the Philippines that we will be just as relentlessy ruthless as we were when we went after the other countries.

Duterte knows that we feast on the weak. So his posture is to show as much strength as he can. We'll see how it turns out, and we'll see how far we go in punishing him for the behaviors of his that we do not like.

I am fascinated by the masses of people who need nothing else than a strongman in a charge.
    How easy is to ignore killings without proof except words from someone. How easy is to ignore the innocents shot in the name of greater good as long as bad guys are dead too.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Duterte knows that we feast on the weak. So his posture is to show as much strength as he can. We'll see how it turns out, and we'll see how far we go in punishing him for the behaviors of his that we do not like.
    More so considering the fact that he talks about CIA assassinating him, it's reasonable to assume that he was verbally threatened already. So he just went public with that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    More so considering the fact that he talks about CIA assassinating him, it's reasonable to assume that he was verbally threatened already. So he just went public with that.
    or he is delusional, it is pretty common amongst mentally ill people to think that the CIA is out to get them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    or he is delusional, it is pretty common amongst mentally ill people to think that the CIA is out to get them.
    Occam's Razor please.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Occam's Razor please.
    the cia just goes around threatening to assassinate people on a regular basis?

Occam's Razor please.
    Pretty sure there are a lot more people who are mentally ill than there are people who the CIA has actually threatened.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I mean drug dealers aren't really anyone I have a problem with vanishing. /shrug. YOu do you Duterte.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean drug dealers aren't really anyone I have a problem with vanishing. /shrug. YOu do you Duterte.
    You could just as easily be a drug user as a witch in Salem. But hey, at least the witches got "trials" before they vanished. The people accused of being druggies don't even get that much.