Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    The only one you lose in my experience with is the reduced CD on aspects which effects hawk, cheetah, and turtle. If you follow the artifact guide on Icyveins I believe it was the 19 or 20th trait I unlocked.
    thats just all DPS and mitigation lose though right? for the fight/strats you listed, dps and mit doesnt really matter.

other important mechanics like the ever powerful tarp still there with bare bones AP tree, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think Surv is, mechanically, the most fun of the 3 current hunter specs - but it really needs to be buffed.

I don't understand why Blizz is so slow about it. The longer these specs remain under par, the greater the stigma becomes that <name of spec> is bad and holds the group back, etc. Even at points when BM was absolutely insane dps, I can't tell you how many people were like... y u BM, isn't that spec crap?

The World first race is over, so they need to get their asses in gear and fix these underpowered specs.
    Agreed, they really need to buff Frost mages again because the last wave of buffs didn't do shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    thats just all DPS and mitigation lose though right? for the fight/strats you listed, dps and mit doesnt really matter.

other important mechanics like the ever powerful tarp still there with bare bones AP tree, right?
    losing the shortened cooldown on Turtle reduces you ability to soak stuff like brambles on Cenarius, but yes, It's mostly just more damage and mitigation.

The problem with SV is the same problem gladiator had: it's a great concept, but it's too late and doesn't belong there.

For SV to be competitive it means that it should either be better than the other 2 hunter specs... so a ranged pure DPS class becomes a melee class; Or be better than most melee specs be it with DPS or utility, otherwise you'll just bring those other melee specs that have always been melee.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Or you know play it because its fun. What about shamans they have a ranged and melee option. So do druids. I think it adds a nice bit of variety to a pure dps class.

Deleted
    Survival has some very basic mechanic problems. Main thing is cooldown on lacerate and explosion trap when it comes to gleave and aoe - explosion trap can even miss the boss and does nothing if the tank has some nervous convulsions during the fight. Harpoon perk is also very... sad when looking at other specs and classes. I really like the core mechanik around mongoo bite stacking for extreme bursts for some ramp up but... just look at dungeons or fights like Il'gynoth, Cenarius - hell even Xavius... it's just no fun there besides the bad tuning at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    Does SV just suck for Raid ?
    SV is flat-out mechanically broken in several PvE encounters.

A good example is Harpoon. It gets several bonuses including a nice DoT via artifact traits. Yet try to use it on several dungeon bosses like in EoA or MoS and watch the game have a seizure, kill you or usually both. For some reason, it appears to want to put you in the MIDDLE of the enemies hitbox, not next to which causes all kinds of problems.

Flanking Strike also has a mind of it's own when it wants to work against certain bosses and that is before we even get in to the mechanics problems like having too much ramp-up time or Raptor Strike may as well being removed from the spellbook for the amount of use it has.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    Wait so your telling me a Melee class that has a ranged spec that is Superior in all ways has a place in mythic raiding?

Sry to tell you even though feral has been a top spec for years almost every raiding feral was told to go boomkin even when feral was more dps... TLDR you stack range not melee. Melee spots are limited. Unless SV became a top 2 Melee dps spec it would never have a place in Mythic raiding and even then it would probably be niche and told to play ranged spec for most bosses.
    Yep....the only way Survival would ever see play in mythic is if MM and BM were just shit and survival did significantly more DPS. Or if survival brought some kind of game changing buff like 5% crit to the raid or something. So basically you'll never see a survival hunter in mythic outside of farming/lulz purposes

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have one. Blizzard majorly screwed up when they changed one of the hunter specs to melee.

1) Most hunter players choose to play a ranged class. They're not interested in being in melee.

2) It watered down the hunter class. Right now you're basically forced to play a very pet heavy spec, or an extremely weird-to-play MM with lots of downtime. The class easily had room for a third Surv spec that could have worked like it did MoP for instance (which happens to be my favorite, proc based spec with decent dots was awesome).

3) The game lost a ranged dps spec, and in my opinion the game has too few ranged dps specs today. The game also gained a melee spec, which it definitely does not need.

4) Raids generally prefer ranged dps rather than melee.

I'm very curious to see if they back down for next expansion and remakes Surv into a ranged spec.
    Last edited by Beace; 2016-10-08 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what Blizzard is thinking when they keep adding more melee specs, but don't adjust the raid needs accordingly.

All three new classes are melee, plus that SV hunter....

6 typ of ranged for about 10 slots, but 9 melees (rogue, warrior, dk, dh, ret, enh, feral, SV hunter and WW monk) for 5 slots.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-10-09 at 09:15 AM.