Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems hard to buy when most of the time the officers involved in shootings don't really get punished and can also make money from idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Our soldiers in countries we are at war with have higher standards for fuck sakes...

Also weren't there 3 cops?
    Well there's a few differences, one soldiers typically enlist in the military in their prime, cops on the flip side are working well past their physical prime. Also soldiers have an entirely different purpose than cops, in many situations a soldier that is quick to kill with no remorse is the best type, this is obviously not the case with police. They have different training regimes and police forces that have something to strict pretty much increase turnover and risk the chance of missing out on actual good police officers that just can't handle the rigorous training of the police academy. I myself have met a few folks that dropped out of the police academy in my city (Cleveland) that were in very good physical shape just because they were passing out during the training and had to be taken to the hospital or that were simply too exhausted.

As for fighting 3 people, all it takes is a lucky punch or two.... not even really a lucky one, I can only imagine you really must not think there is a difference in strength between people regardless of things like sex, age, lifestyle, etc. In particular with our prison system, there are many people that literally just work out the whole day. Compare that to some police that are working all day, have obligations outside of work (like kids, 2nd job), and I think it's understandable why not all cops are capable of being as strong as the strongest criminals out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm really surprised people still tote this one dimensional train of thought. There are very strong criminals out there that will simply grab the baton your hand, that won't be effected by the taser or the taser doesn't do it's job, or that will beat you to the punch lol. Expecting cops to become professional fighters is pretty much an illogical way to think. Do you think we should fire all physically weak cops and put in meat heads instead? lol. What if the meat heads are a lot less ethical?

- - - Updated - - -

It really looks like the people in this thread, the typical culprits, are pretty much trying to paint the criminals, drug dealers, and rapists in an apologetic light, finding excuses for them, while at the same time demonizing cops that are actually trying to make the world a better place lol.
    Not surprising.

You have to remember the majority of the posters here have fairly privileged lives and more than likely haven't been in a violent situation or had their life threatened by a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The way they train them to "kill" is by removing the act of "killing" and making it a reflex.
    You are stupid if you believe that you can train a human being to kill another human being that easily. Sorry bruh.
    They remove everything that involves thinking. Soldiers will react to "threats" and they are trained to shoot at "threats", but they are never trained to shoot at "people".

Saying that police officers recieve the same training is ridicilous... it's not their fucking job.
    But whatevs ~ if you truely think that police officers should keep on shooting whenever something goes out of control, fine. It's not my shitty country to live in.
    A proper way to deal with it would be to train them to be supreme even in situations like these.. and maybe develop guidelines that will prevent this shit from happening.
    I didn't say it was easy, nor did I say the police are trained the same. They aren't and shouldn't be they are used as tools of war like infantry in the military are. Just keep spinning nonsense and dumping your own assumptions on other people to try and further your nonsensical vitriol.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    She did the right thing. You don't just shot another human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    She did the right thing. You don't just shot another human being.
    If your life is in danger then yes, you do.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Dudes, PCP does not give you superhuman strenght....(It does make you resistant to pain and especially in this context, not able to comply with orders. This is not an ''excuse'')
    So a taser or pepper spray is more likely to not be effective in this scenario?

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

Got it.
    I've seen dudes high on PCP take two tazers and man handle 3 cops at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    So you assault someone you deserve to die? GTFO of here.
    No,

But the moment one party shows disregard for another person's well being is the moment the victim has zero obligation to regard theirs.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-10-08 at 04:08 PM.

This is consistent with my position that female police officers aren't really that great an idea. Obviously there are a lot of other factors here, but having officers that are incapable of handling themselves physically isn't a good starting point. There are, of course, a few women that can meet what should be rigorous physical demands, but there aren't many.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I've seen dudes high on PCP take two tazers and man handle 3 cops at the same time
    PCP doesn't make you stronger, and has no influence on the effectiveness of tasers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

Got it.
    Tasers don't work that way. The electricity stops your body from operating. They're not pain compliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Well there's a few differences, one soldiers typically enlist in the military in their prime, cops on the flip side are working well past their physical prime. Also soldiers have an entirely different purpose than cops, in many situations a soldier that is quick to kill with no remorse is the best type, this is obviously not the case with police. They have different training regimes and police forces that have something to strict pretty much increase turnover and risk the chance of missing out on actual good police officers that just can't handle the rigorous training of the police academy. I myself have met a few folks that dropped out of the police academy in my city (Cleveland) that were in very good physical shape just because they were passing out during the training and had to be taken to the hospital or that were simply too exhausted.

As for fighting 3 people, all it takes is a lucky punch or two.... not even really a lucky one, I can only imagine you really must not think there is a difference in strength between people regardless of things like sex, age, lifestyle, etc. In particular with our prison system, there are many people that literally just work out the whole day. Compare that to some police that are working all day, have obligations outside of work (like kids, 2nd job), and I think it's understandable why not all cops are capable of being as strong as the strongest criminals out there.
    No, really all it could take is complete and total incompetence on the part of all three people. Any three people with a decent amount of training should be able to absolutely shut down one person's attack, regardless of how adept or physically gifted they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing in the article suggesting all 3 officers were there at the same time.

Deleted
    just goes to show that women aren't fit for such jobs both mentally and physically

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-08 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I didn't say it was easy, nor did I say the police are trained the same. They aren't and shouldn't be they are used as tools of war like infantry in the military are. Just keep spinning nonsense and dumping your own assumptions on other people to try and further your nonsensical vitriol.
    So you said nothing then, guess that's fine too.
    My comment was an answer to someone stating that police officers are trained to kill.
    That's just wrong.
    Soldiers aren't trained to be killing machines either. The act of killing is not being trained in any military in the world (because there is no way to train it). At most, they have professionals that support and try to work with people that suffer from the side effects caused by the act of killing.

You really are nothing but a tough guy-actor that actually has nothing to say. Worthless comment from your side.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-08 at 04:59 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    You cannot be serious. You must be trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, so then they can be accused of police brutality. Cops don't win - ever. If they use lethal force they get shit for doing so. If they use non-lethal force, they get accused of beating people.

Seriously, it's like people expect the police to deal with 250 pound, 6'2 enraged assholes, somehow subdue them without leaving a single scratch on the suspect. But it's perfectly fine for cops to get killed, the average BLM asshole has no problem with that.

On a related thought, BLM forgot the "O" in front of their acronym. You know, for "only."
    Right, except for all those times when they use justified force and there's no public outrage. You're blinded by confirmation bias.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    And all of this because of retarded SJWs, BLMs and other white hating racist shitheads. Cops are risking their lives because you would get your feelings hurt if she killed some stupid thug.
    We can only hope that cops stop coming to your neighborhoods because they're afraid. Then you can enjoy the lawless society you wish for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    a cop is trained to go for the kill if they feel like their life is threatened.
    Which is part of the problem, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not surprising.

You have to remember the majority of the posters here have fairly privileged lives and more than likely haven't been in a violent situation or had their life threatened by a criminal.
    Those of us who have still remember that criminals are people, too. I'd say it's equally unsurprising that a serviceman is totally okay with just randomly killing people for no real reason, though. See how annoying it is when people make assumptions?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Honestly I think this whole situation is a win. No one is dead, and that's good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    And all of this because of retarded SJWs, BLMs and other white hating racist shitheads. Cops are risking their lives because you would get your feelings hurt if she killed some stupid thug.
    We can only hope that cops stop coming to your neighborhoods because they're afraid. Then you can enjoy the lawless society you wish for.
    Cops really aren't risking their lives all that much... it's not that deadly of a job.Like 21 cops killed so far... wow what a shockingly low number.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Cops really aren't risking their lives all that much... it's not that deadly of a job.Like 21 cops killed so far... wow what a shockingly low number.
    Would you say the same about 300 black people being killed by police?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You might notice that the two male colleagues did not shoot the dude or stopped him either.
    Yo might notice that its kind of hard to shoot someone when they are in the process of attacking your affirmative action hire (the woman)