Page 1 of 2
LastLast

EU opens door to GEORGIA as visa-free travel AGREED for Russian neighbour

EUROPE could see another increase in the numbers of migrants crossing its borders after European Union states agreed to grant Georgian nationals visa-free travel.

The EU agreed the new deal in principle yesterday, which would allow Georgians to travel to Europe without a visa and stay there for 90 days within a 180-day period - and vice versa.

But the proposals will not be rolled out until safeguards to stem the influx of migrants could be out in place.

Georgia, situated on Russia’s border, has been caught in a political tussle between the West and Moscow - which opposes its EU aspirations.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ia-immigration

We really need to fucking crash the EU before it destroys the remaining european countries. It's an inherently anti-european union.

Ah, nowadays, Georgians are not Europeans. Nice to know.

They are not Caucasians (ZING) ?

Deleted
    Meh, it's up to the Georgians to decide whether they want to join the EU, don't you think?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Meh, it's up to the Georgians to decide whether they want to join the EU, don't you think?
    But it's not for them to decide whether they actually join.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    So it follows the other 30-40 countries that falls under the Visa requirement exemptions? Not sure that really means a whole lot.

Please explain me how Georgia is not ''in Europe''. Please. That's going to be fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But it's not for them to decide whether they actually join.
    Oh boy here comes the Russian Troll Squad in full force.

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-08 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Please explain me how Georgia is not ''in Europe''. Please. That's going to be fun.
    There is nothing in the source indicating that they're not.
    "Europe" means different things. Like "America" does. In that context, "Europe" is the union or the western side of the continent.
    Chillax.

Deleted
    What does visa-free travel have to do with migrants?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treclol View Post
    What does visa-free travel have to do with migrants?
    Nothing really, at best it would mean that they could enter europe and throw away their passport and pretend to be a refugee or something like that. Which is likely why the article mentions safeguards to be put in place first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Nothing really, at best it would mean that they could enter europe and throw away their passport and pretend to be a refugee or something like that. Which is likely why the article mentions safeguards to be put in place first.
    Well same can be done with a visa. You just get it and then get into the country and throw away the passport with the visa.

What they are afraid of is that illegals from other countries might use Georgia to get into EU.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    What they are afraid of is that illegals from other countries might use Georgia to get into EU.
    And exactly how would this work?

10+ Year Old Account
    And exactly how would this work?
    Fake Georgian passport, Welcome to EU.

Deleted
    Fake Georgian passport, Welcome to EU.
    Seeing as the Georgian passport is biometric, wouldn't a person who is able to produce a fake passport also be able to produce the, arguably much easier, paperwork required to apply to a EU visa? And in that case, how does visa-free travel make any difference?

Also, what exactly makes Georgia so much different from all the other countries who enjoy visa-free travel to the EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as the Georgian passport is biometric, wouldn't a person who is able to produce a fake passport also be able to produce the, arguably much easier, paperwork required to apply to a EU visa? And in that case, how does visa-free travel make any difference?
    As if every Georgian have a biometric passport. You know passports for international travel are valid for 10 years, right? And old non-biometric passports did not became invalid with the introduction of biometric ones. So they must work.

WHY are we talking like THIS tho?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Dude literally almost every country in America has visa free travel to Europe.

Deleted
    As if every Georgian have a biometric passport. You know passports for international travel are valid for 10 years, right? And old non-biometric passports did not became invalid with the introduction of biometric ones. So they must work.
    Not all countries issue passports with a 10 year validity. Many countries in Europe, including several in the EU, issue passports that are valid for 5 years only. See here.

Plus, for countries that haven't had biometric passports long enough and thus old passports are still in circulation, visa-free travel is available only for citizens who do hold a biometric passport, while holders of older passports do have to apply for a visa. See here.

So I still fail to see the relation between visa-free travel and migration as implied by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    WHY are we talking like THIS tho?
    I have NO IDEA, but it's the reason I HATE reading comics in ENGLISH, it completely RUINS the reading flow

On topic, interesting. Id like to visit Georgia one day, but their language is for consonant fanatics. I also don't think it'll have an impact as far as Middle Eastern immigration is concerned. To my knowledge the countries on the east of the Black Sea are European- and modern orientated and Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all countries issue passports with a 10 year validity.
    We are talking about Georgia, and there it's 10 years. And they don't have visa-free. I guess you should figure out why EU hesitates by now, why they want additional security measures like not giving visa-free travel to old passports. Just like you said. Do you get it now?