Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    Try pugging a mythic run, the first fight is completely different.
    Yep, if someone wants to walk into mythic, faceroll it in one evening, collect loot and go home, they're in for a big surprise. Heroic was undertuned this expansion, too easy for the gear people accumulated from dungeons and world quests (plus any legendaries, the artifact ilvl with 3 decent relics etc.).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    ignore the fact that there would be so much lag that nothing would get done.
    Not really. Everything would be instanced/shards. There's no difference between having 1 server and 100 when behind the scenes you already have 10, 20, 30 servers per 1 server anyways. Each continent is managed by multiple servers in the backend already.

If zones became too big it would just spawn a new shard just like we saw happen during Legion's launch. If you join someone's group you immediately get moved to that new shard. The only big issue would be if you're doing world bosses. A raid group fills up and there's stragglers sitting by you. Suddenly the shard fills up and those stragglers get moved to a new one, disappear and are standing next to a boss with only a few people.

But I'm sure Blizzard would have a temporary solution for issues like that. Hell that one space game has been doing this since it began.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    yes actually that sounds like a very good idea, why do you even need servers nowadays? I mean in the past it was just because there were not enough resources available.

Now everything is on cloud. Could you imagine e.g Overwatch having servers or CS:GO or lol...
    lets alos get rid of factions so everyone can play with everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because then people would whine about world first that they will never get anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont pug mythic unless you want to wipe endlessly, and by endless i mean 10x more than even a garbage Mythic guild would. its designed around having the same people every week, all of which are getting more gear, not different people.

its not impossible but its a horrible way of progressing

and highly doubt theres no guild that needs your spec even though you didnt tell us what it was

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    You dont pug mythic unless you want to wipe endlessly, and by endless i mean 10x more than even a garbage Mythic guild would. its designed around having the same people every week, all of which are getting more gear, not different people.

and highly doubt theres no guild that needs your spec even though you didnt tell us what it was
    When you are on an alt its a lot harder to keep a set raid schedule.

7+ Year Old Account

I've successfully PUG'd Mythic raids with a server based pug group. I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to do the same with a cross realm PUG group. In reality though, I am more interested in being able to form cross realm Mythic groups with my bnet friends and/or their bnet friends. That both options would be available with opening up cross realm LFG Mythic raids is a win win.

Didn't you hear? A guy wants to put zero effort, have a guild that offer him smooth sail and clears content in one day, while showing up only when he wants to because it "can't be a second job" read zero commitment or responsibility to the guild. It's not his class or spec, it's his attitude. Check post no #41:
    there are no guilds that will fit me currently. Of course as I said I dont want a 2nd job = being in a guild.

But you linked me guilds that didn't clear HC on their first raid of this expansion. I am obviously not going to go in a guild such as that, since I did better with a pug... its obviously not in my best interest to raid with such a guild.
    The same attitude that creates bad community in pugs, everything needs to be a smooth run or one shot otherwise "fail grp", everyone leaves. I'm done trying to help people, I found 3 guilds that recruit his class and spec (it was resto druid btw) and raid mythic on the server he's on, but apparently they aren't good enough for mr. amazing.

My guild had an app in similar tone from a mage "hey guys I cleared x bosses on hc with a pug without even reading any tacts it was so eeeez... bosses just fell over, pve is so eeez... let's be fair pvp is where true challenge lies and I'm good at cs:go and h1z1" do you think our GM was impressed? Do you think such a person is a good addition to the roster?

In the last half a year of hfc my guild had plenty of those "tourists" that only applied to us to come to 2-3 raids then stop showing altogether. They saw the content and they didn't care more. These people destroy guild stability and for all I care, they can stick to pugs.

And then make a thread no. 3147 how pugs suck, kick him, don't invite him, are elitist or w/e. We have enough of those on the forums. But that's what's happens when generation of instant gratification and no long-term commitment takes over. Obviously to receive instant gratification you need to overgear the content or get carried, therefore silly high ilvl requirements for pugs. Because if you try anything remotely challenging it ends up in flame, blame and disband.

Working together on a long term goal is passe in 2016... So sad. I spent 1 hour wiping in vault of the wardens +8 with my guildies but we had fun in trying to overcome the challenge and finish the dungeon. Ok, we aren't best players in the world but we enjoy playing together. In a pug though? WTF noob why we wiped, you suck, scrub group, fail heal /quit.

That's the reason Blizzard does not allow to pug mythic raids until few months into the tier. They know PUG = expectation of fairly smooth run in short amount of time. Otherwise the floodgates of tears would open like with Cata hc dungeons (because they were on lfg yet not faceroll).

P.S. Also atm M Nythendra is nowhere near the level of "loot pinata" M Kargath or post-valor post-max rings mythic HFC. Mythic HFC wasn't allowed to be pugged until valor patch, afaik.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-10-07 at 06:48 PM.

Its the last thing holding realm communities together. I think it matters.

The game was better before all the cross server play, but then again most servers weren't dead wastelands back then.

It should probably be made cross server sooner than the release of the next tier, though. Maybe 2-3 months after release of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    most servers weren't dead wastelands back then.
    Yeah I think they should go back to connecting / merging more servers, everything is CRZ-ed these days but low pop servers have disadvantage in AH economy and guilding scene. For example on EU back then they refused to merge all rp pve servers except the biggest one, nope, they split them in 2 clusters, both dead, while only the big server survives (Argent Dawn). They merged all rp pvp servers and from what I heard, it's doing way better than the low pop rp pve 2 clusters where nearly everyone who cared about rp left for Argent Dawn.

We had queues in the first 3-4 weeks of legion on about 5 EU English servers while majority of servers didn't even break into high pop, many didn't even go into medium. They should be merged because they provide all the downsides of low pop with no upsides due to CRZ everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sure lets just remove servers then, 12 charecter limit, make everyone on 1 server, lets do it!
    you mock in jest, but in seriousness, why not?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ding ding ding.

Funny that they seem to have so many people believing that it has something to do with "guild activity" or "server rankings" or something, though.
    They probably lose more money from people who clear heroic cross-realm and can't progress and then unsub than what they gain from server transfers.

15+ Year Old Account

It's not about pugging Mythic. It's like the elite community thinks that when people say cross realm Mythic we want flexible raid size with massive pugs going on all week.

No. What we want is on lower population servers to be able to pull someone from group finder for an entire raid week. If it works out and they are like minded then they can continue to raid with your team or even transfer if they wish. There's no reason someone should have to pay for a transfer only to discover that a guild isn't for them. Nor would anyone in their right mind transfer to a medium/low pop server and risk it not working out. The only incentive would be to move to a high pop.

Plus who cares how other players enjoy the game? If they wipe on the 1st Mythic boss for 2 months but are having fun then who cares? Guilds progress at completely different paces so to say one difficulty is designed a specific way is ridiculous.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

that doesnt make sense, since pugs are clearing HC, it means that hte difficulty of HC is not enough. 1st week clearing hc in pugs means that the difficulty is not set properly, so open mythic to pugs or make hc's last longer than 1 week.
    People do not think of the fact that raiders had higher ilvls than the base raid dropped PRIOR to the raid being out. That had a HUGE effect on clear rates.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

probably to prevent people from paying to get carried

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    ignore the fact that there would be so much lag that nothing would get done.
    No there wouldn't since there is a phasing system that could be used to counter that. They can just restrict the number of visible characters in one zone. If you want to see your friends just invite them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They probably lose more money from people who clear heroic cross-realm and can't progress and then unsub than what they gain from server transfers.
    id second or third that really, got 4 days left on my sub and I don't think am gonna resub, I just don't see the point for me until next major patch to go in, already done whats out there for me hc, mythic+10 got to a fairly high ilvl compared to a lot of people that play wow and thats it since mythic is not X-realm Ill just play some cs:go or anything to fill in my time. (Unfortunate but true)

There's another retarded limit that needs to go too: "group" lock in Mythic. Why the hell I can't clear bosses 1-2-3 with my buddies from one guild and bosses 4-5-6 with buddies from another?

Just make it work like all other loot locks. If Blizzard is afraid that this will give rise to Mythic carries, ok fine, make it work like pre-WoD locks then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Personally I think it would also put the final nail in the coffin or server communities since there would be no more guild server ranks. Once that is gone, you'll be just a number in a regional or world ranking..
    1) What the fuck is this "server community" shit you're talking about? Can you name top 3 guilds on your server and 3 players from each of them? 2) Why the fuck it could be even remotely important? I'm playing on server with 20k+ players. I don't want to be "forced" to care about them. My community is my friends and family. I don't need the game to dictate me "make new friends from this specific pool of people or we'll restrict you from some activities".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Its the last thing holding realm communities together. I think it matters.
    Oh, another one who think that it matters... Same question to you, then: can you name top 3 guilds and 3 players from each on your server without looking them up? If it "matters" to, you should know those.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    Why not give puggers a chance?
    Because it's not designed to be a pug activity.
    They'll enable it once everyone else has done it and it's been nerfed.

Deleted
    people would abuse early xrealm. that's enough of a reason. If people want to raid together for months, just spend a few bucks on a transfer. I play on one oft the lowest populated german servers...and if my guild can manage, pretty much everyone can who is really willing to.