Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Probably the biggest mistake i've made so far in wow.

(Dont know if "general discussion" is the right place to post it, if it's not remove it)

I thought it would be fun to share my story with you guys (enligsh not my native), might make you laugh, face palm deluxe, or just annoying, but here we go. I am currently playing UH DK.

I raided with the guild 2 days ago as always. First boss started with a bad rng and I did not burst over 550k and I was like "sure that's fine, shitty start, lets move on". Continued to the 2nd boss and that happend again, 3rd boss, 4th boss and so on. Started to get pissed and ashamed cuz I massivly underperformed on every single boss. Worst DK in the entire history. Same happend on nythendra, elereth and ursoc mythic.

I only had one thought in my head through HC and few bosses in mythic was "BENCHED BENCHED BENCHED BENCHED BENCHED"...

I was still confused, I was clueless.. Checked guides, checked rotation, watched videos, streams, pretty much everything possible to help me improve. The information about rotation and such did not really help because I was doing everything correct but still lacked damage.

Simulationcraft told me that I should end at 305k dps on a 300 seconds fight. Went to training dummy in class hall and used pot, and ended at 240k. Still confused, pissed and ashamed. I used flaks, augument rune, potion, drums and after 300 seconds I ended up at 260k, still 45k behind. (Simulationcraft is kinda accurate I think when it comes to just stand still and hit, I guess.)

I stopped for a minute or 2 to really think what the hell I was doing wrong and then I glanced over to my pet bar and saw that passiv was glowing (as in passive is the current chosen state for the pet)

Then I rememberd that I had farmed hidden artifact 3 days ago (wednesday between 11pm and 1pm). I had my pet summoned because I thought it needed to be summoned, but put it on passive since I did want to leave combat as soon as possible so I could teleport to proving grounds again. Which means that I've been running around with a passive pet for 3 days...

I removed my pet from passive and went on the dummy again and ended at 310k dps after 300 seconds... I did mythic+8 (no big deal really though but still dps loss having pet on passiv). I did HC raid and mythic raid bosses with pet on passive.

So yah, I guess I've learned my lesson, dont be stupid and dont be me. I did consider quitting wow because I thought: "worst DK out there" (I guess I am because I forgot to remove my pet from passive).

As I stated above, sorry for probably bad english (not my native), sorry for wasting your time reading if you found it annoying and boring. Anyways, have a good night everyone!
    Last edited by Alphabulous; 2016-10-08 at 12:47 AM.

Most people can't even get to 200k it's sad...

Deleted
    You dont have petattack and petfollow/petpassive macros? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    You dont have petattack and petfollow/petpassive macros? O_o
    Why macro it? Pet attack is always bound to Z, pet is always passive!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabulous View Post
    (Dont know if "general discussion" is the right place to post it, if it's not remove it)

I thought it would be fun to share my story with you guys (enligsh not my native), might make you laugh, face palm deluxe, or just annoying, but here we go. I am currently playing UH DK.

I raided with the guild 2 days ago as always. First boss started with a bad rng and I did not burst over 550k and I was like "sure that's fine, shitty start, lets move on". Continued to the 2nd boss and that happend again, 3rd boss, 4th boss and so on. Started to get pissed and ashamed cuz I massivly underperformed on every single boss. Worst DK in the entire history. Same happend on nythendra, elereth and ursoc mythic.

I only had one thought in my head through HC and few bosses in mythic was "BENCHED BENCHED BENCHED BENCHED BENCHED"...

I was still confused, I was clueless.. Checked guides, checked rotation, watched videos, streams, pretty much everything possible to help me improve. The information about rotation and such did not really help because I was doing everything correct but still lacked damage.

Simulationcraft told me that I should end at 305k dps on a 300 seconds fight. Went to training dummy in class hall and used pot, and ended at 240k. Still confused, pissed and ashamed. I used flaks, augument rune, potion, drums and after 300 seconds I ended up at 260k, still 45k behind. (Simulationcraft is kinda accurate I think when it comes to just stand still and hit, I guess.)

I stopped for a minute or 2 to really think what the hell I was doing wrong and then I glanced over to my pet bar and saw that passiv was glowing (as in passive is the current chosen state for the pet)

Then I rememberd that I had farmed hidden artifact 3 days ago (wednesday between 11pm and 1pm). I had my pet summoned because I thought it needed to be summoned, but put it on passive since I did want to leave combat as soon as possible so I could teleport to proving grounds again. Which means that I've been running around with a passive pet for 3 days...

I removed my pet from passive and went on the dummy again and ended at 310k dps after 300 seconds... I did mythic+8 (no big deal really though but still dps loss having pet on passiv). I did HC raid and mythic raid bosses with pet on passive.

So yah, I guess I've learned my lesson, dont be stupid and dont be me. I did consider quitting wow because I thought: "worst DK out there" (I guess I am because I forgot to remove my pet from passive).

As I stated above, sorry for probably bad english (not my native), sorry for wasting your time reading if you found it annoying and boring. Anyways, have a good night everyone!
    Similar thing happened to me during Mythic SoO, playing resto druid. Did the first three or four bosses in my opinion gear, couldn't figure out what was wrong, shit heals and going OOM. Now i have an add-on...because you know, I am stupid

Don't worry, we've all done stupid things in WoW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Progression content while wearing my port-to-org cloak.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They don't call em Huntards for nothin...
    He's an unholy DK, read the OP.

Making one macro with /petattack and another with /petpassive is the first thing you should do when creating a Hunter, DK or Warlock...

Playing without it is pretty much the same as a Firemage playing without Fireball on his bars tbh.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Probably not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Think most of us have done similar. The classic mistake is fighting with your fishing rod equipped. Once you get more familiar with your character, you should be able to tell when something is off. If I notice my dps is 20-30% lower than it normally is on a fight, I start checking gear, talents, etc.

Fishing Rod fights, oh boy I've done plenty of those on my char :/
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Rerolling to ele shaman main after being DK for years. Now I can only read about 300k dps. :>

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha. I am the queen of running dungeons with fishing poles equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Fishing Rod fights, oh boy I've done plenty of those on my char :/
    What do you mean? THe fishing rod is the most fearsome and deadly weapon in all of WoW.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Back in Wrath we were doing 10 man heroic LK and my Warlock's dps was siginificantly lower then usual. Turns out I had rank 1 Corruption on my bars instead of the max rank. Took me over half a dozen attempts to figure out what the fuck was going on.

First time I did Eye of Azshara, I was struggling to figure out why I was dying in every trash pull, sometimes two or three times.

Then I remembered I forgot to wait out my res sickness before I queued.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Ha ha. I am the queen of running dungeons with fishing poles equipped.
    I don't think I've done a fishing rod fight but I've definitely spent long periods of time with my Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat on, because I swapped gear out of my fishing gear while in combat and it only swapped my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I don't think I've done a fishing rod fight but I've definitely spent long periods of time with my Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat on, because I swapped gear out of my fishing gear while in combat and it only swapped my weapon.
    You think that's bad? Back in WotLk, i played an entire raid boss with most of my gear unequipped(courtesy of the post-Patchwerk gauntlet). And there i was, wondering why my mana ran out so fast.

I made a weakaura long ago for this, but then figured just take it off passive and dont ever put it on passive and if I do put a post it to change it back on my screen