Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is supporting the candidate the people voted for, as he should. He is a honorable person. You can disapprove of a person's past comments or actions and still support their political platform.
    Just a simple honorable man who wants to make it ok with abuse gay kids.

Of course. It is debatable with those who think highly of Clinton she is honorable. :P

And no, like I said, you can condemn something a person has said as being wrong, but still support their position on what is best for the country. Trump will mainly lose some undecideds over his past comment. His supporters will still vote for him in mast. Not because they approve of his failures or comments, but of his desire to change the direction the country is headed.
    There's a fantastic ship pun to be made here.

Ball is in play, fellas.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-10-08 at 09:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think one of the main indications of an honorable person is the ability to take criticism and respond to it. Not deny facts, "He didn't say it".
    If you are referring to this recent disclosure of the lewd remarks he made in 2005, he certainly did admit he said them and he was wrong for saying them. He apologized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    No. Because it's too late to be on the ballot and not every state allows write in votes. Plus there's no realistic way he'd win as a write-in candidate.

So the only way we'd get Pence as president would be for people to elect Trump and then have him immediately resign. Which ain't gonna happen. The best Pence can do is minimize the damage to his name and hope for 2020.
    Not true. The Electoral College that would vote in a Trump win could simply vote for Pence instead. There could be charges by state governments as in some states voting against the will of the voters is illegal but other than that the Electoral College could simply all vote for Pence instead of Trump

That said, really can't see how he has a path to 270. Hilary was already fairly safely at 272 and now? Something major would have to break
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2016-10-08 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are referring to this recent disclosure of the lewd remarks he made in 2005, he certainly did admit he said them and he was wrong for saying them. He apologized.
    I'm rather referring to his behavior on the debates. When Kaine would almost literally quote Trump, and Pence would shake head and say, "No, no, absolutely not, he never said that".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I've shown you why you're wrong. Saying something is not as bad as being accused of something. That should be simple to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

He's going to "trial?" Great. That's big news. When is the "trial" set for?
    They don't have a court date yet, but it is going to trial unless it gets thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm rather referring to his behavior on the debates. When Kaine would almost literally quote Trump, and Pence would shake head and say, "No, no, absolutely not, he never said that".
    Kaine, like so many of his opponents and the media, took his comments out of context at times. He got caught several times on that. Which is one of the reasons he lost that debate. But of course the anti- Trump crowd will disagree.

Oh well as long as he apologized for sexual assault then I guess we're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Just a simple honorable man who wants to make it ok with abuse gay kids.
    That's the thing. Trump and Pence are both pandering to the same people, but with Pence it's much more genuine. Pence would be a more experienced and traditionally qualified candidate, but if you're really concerned with advancing causes like gay rights and marriage equality, I don't think there's any question that Pence is worse than Trump. Of course Pence might not form an alliance with Putin or nuke Syria, but that's another question. The two of them on the same ticket, although, is that absolute worst of both worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Not true. The Electoral College that would vote in a Trump win could simply vote for Pence instead. There could be charges by state governments as in some states voting against the will of the voters is illegal but other than that the Electoral College could simply all vote for Pence instead of Trump

That said, really can't see how he has a path to 270. Hilary was already fairly safely at 272 and now? Something major would have to break
    That is not going to happen. Esp if Trump wins the popular vote in that state.

I agree. His chances of winning are very slim.

He is supporting the candidate the people voted for, as he should. He is a honorable person. You can disapprove of a person's past comments or actions and still support their political platform.

All this talk about Trump pulling out of the race is nonsense. Esp over something a lot of people ( even those in public office ) have did one time or another. And even worse, some have not only talked about it, but did it.
    That man flat-out lied almost a dozzen times in the debate alone, and yet you call him "honorable"?

Pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That man flat-out lied almost a dozzen times in the debate alone, and yet you call him "honorable"?

Pathetic...
    Welcome to every politician in forever dude. This shouldn't be new to most ya know. Democrats lie. Republicans lie. They all lie in order to get their way, and I hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They don't have a court date yet, but it is going to trial unless it gets thrown out.
    Jesus...OK. How do you know it's going to trial? Do you have any evidence for that? Also, civil cases don't either "go to trial or get thrown out." The overwhelming majority end in a pre trial settlement.

You're signature says that Orlong has never been right. That might indeed be true. But you're certainly not far behind.

Deleted
    His latest comments eliminated any chance for him becoming the next president. Good news after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Welcome to every politician in forever dude. This shouldn't be new to most ya know. Democrats lie. Republicans lie. They all lie in order to get their way, and I hate that.
    But that damy hyppocrite, ghostpanther, says he hates liars and thats why he hates hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    His latest comments eliminated any chance for him becoming the next president. Good news after all.
    I think he still has about the same chance he had before those comments where made public. Which is a low chance. Going to depend on how well he does the next 2 debates and if any more surprises are revealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. It is debatable with those who think highly of Clinton she is honorable. :P
    Frankly I think you could debate about any politician who is successful at the federal level if they are honorable. I think you have to do some shady deals to get the financial backing to run at that level.

Back on topic... Sellout John McCain just withdrew his endorsement of Donald Dump.

Maybe a tiny tiny bit of the old hero remains in his corrupt soul and had a heartbeat of conciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh well as long as he apologized for sexual assault then I guess we're all good.
    Clinton didn't even apologize for raping women and no one cared there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he still has about the same chance he had before those comments where made public.
    I doubt that. The reaction to this is a lot more than other comments he's made -- I think it'll move the needle (not a ton mind you, but enough to see it) -- we'll find out in a few days when the next round of polling is released.