Deleted
    The event as I figured out is most probably a minigame in MoS that will give you a buff???
    I just went through it and there were 2 Decrepit Runecarvers and a Val'kyr. You need to save them because after we ignored the Val'kyr it whispered that she died.

You need to go to imgur and use those last letters because I cant link it

Quote Originally Posted by Fredkindings View Post
    The event as I figured out is most probably a minigame in MoS that will give you a buff???
    I just went through it and there were 2 Decrepit Runecarvers and a Val'kyr. You need to save them because after we ignored the Val'kyr it whispered that she died.
    thats an achievement to save the valkyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Before i comment i don't have a 110 DK or a character at all in Legion but i just like throwing ideas about in these hidden artifact skin threads lol

But i was reading a few and was wondering does Jaina show up at all in Legion, because with her having close ties to Arthas and being at the seige and death of Arthas and im sure she took a piece of his sword or something? Her being a frost mage aswell and mages being able to cast a spell to understand other languages and such?

Knowing my luck she aint even in Legion and im just talking bollocks lol

Deleted
    Could the chain be:
    1. Find Mysterious Runestone in overworld
    2. Get quest to find an NPC who knows more about it
    3. Said NPC sends us to Maw of Souls to free/talk to the Runecarvers
    4. ???
    5. Runes of Darkening!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verne View Post
    Could the chain be:
    4. ???
    5. Runes of Darkening!

People said that Mysterious Runestone has been removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Verne View Post
    Could the chain be:
    4. ???
    5. Runes of Darkening!
    one of the most logical ideas ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Fredkindings View Post
    People said that Mysterious Runestone has been removed from the game.
    Who has said this and what is their proof? Right now it's the most sound theory we have.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=38218/preserving-the-lore
    Mysterious runestone is Druid related.
    Can confirm this was the supposed quest on the armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teehee69 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=38218/preserving-the-lore
    Mysterious runestone is Druid related.
    Can confirm this was the supposed quest on the armory.
    Well thats a bummer.

Well crap. How about this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139181/prison-manifest

Has anyone had to go back to Tol Barad for anything?

Edit: Also can someone re-share the link to all the legion text? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe2407 View Post
    Yeah but we are Frost Death Knights we aren't a simple spec of a simple class. Frost death knights leave their enemies chilled to the bone - and broken of the will to fight. Unlike mages who learn to harness frost magic to great effect, these death knights are born of it, rime gripping their decaying hearts. We are the greatest that was, is, and ever will be!!!!
    suffer well bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kithus View Post
    Well crap. How about this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139181/prison-manifest

Has anyone had to go back to Tol Barad for anything?

Edit: Also can someone re-share the link to all the legion text? Thanks.

This belongs to the destruction warlock artifact quest line, and anyhow, it was pretty much just demons in Tol Barad

At this point I am playing the game of will I find the skin first or find my legendary first

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    There are several in-game examples of Elder Futhark being written on weapons, monuments, etc. in ways that are actually translatable (i.e. the runes actually form meaningful sentences instead of just being random). Varian's memorial in Stormwind is a notable example. I'm a medieval PhD irl and have translated most of those instances. So if you guys find any new runes in-game that might be related to this and want them translated, just post them here. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to hide some hints in Futhark around the game.

This has been discussed in the past, and idk if any conclusioin has been reached, but just in case here is a compilation of: the frost weapons, the "improved" frost weapons (which have the same runes as the basic model), the Dark Runeblade, Shadowmourne, and Frostmourne, all with as clear a view of the runes on them as I can get. Dunno if it will amount to anything, but here it is:

http://imgur.com/UiiHoYw

An idea. I think all the clues to finding the skin are in Arthas' words.

So many fallen kings, silent in their numberless graves...
    Even the mighty are rendered nameless by time.
    Every king must kneel before death.
    And kneeling in Lorderon gets you a check. Now the others need to be deciphered to get the other 3 checks.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesofMachines View Post
    This has been discussed in the past, and idk if any conclusioin has been reached, but just in case here is a compilation of: the frost weapons, the "improved" frost weapons (which have the same runes as the basic model), the Dark Runeblade, Shadowmourne, and Frostmourne, all with as clear a view of the runes on them as I can get. Dunno if it will amount to anything, but here it is:
    Unfortunately, none of those are real runes. Just random scribbles that Blizzard made up.

Elder Futhark looks like this (apparently someone turned my translation into an image! I'm the Arganys credited at the bottom): imgur link /ZIZSbr0.png

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post

And kneeling in Lorderon gets you a check. Now the others need to be deciphered to get the other 3 checks.
    Kneeling in Lordaeron is for a separate, unrelated achievement for a recolour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen001 View Post
    Every other spec had a hint in game that started their search.

The only thing that happens to us and nobody else are the dialogues with arthas...

***snip***
    Your logic is already flawed. While no other class/spec gets to see/talk to Arthas, there IS at LEAST two other classes that can interact with NPCs in the Broken Isles to gain 50 AP per interaction.

Shamans (all three specs) encounter elemental shrines in the four initial zones that are marked with a star on the map (same as our "Memory of Arthas" events) where they do various things to calm/appease the elemental spirits present for a 50 AP gain. In addition, druids with the Scythe of Elune can calm feral worgen in Val'shara (idk about other zones) for 50 AP each.

While the content of each type of interaction is different, the core purpose remains the same. It is unique to the class and/or Artifact, and awards 50 AP per interaction. Since these interactions have NOTHING to do with gaining the Hidden Appearance for Balance Druids (merchant perchase + random drop from dungeon boss) or for shamans (random drop from world boss, dungeon boss, or Underbelly depending on artifact), it is safe to conclude that the Memory of Arthas interactions are simple flavor events that award AP, and have nothing to do with our artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post

Again that check by kneeling in lordaeron is not related to the runes of darkening its for either a color variant for a weapon skin not yet in game or something left from the beta stop bringing that up.