Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Is English your first language? I never said that Trump had consent or didn't have consent to do what he did. I have no idea if he "did" anything at all. All I said was that Trump didn't say that he did anything without consent. I've asked to you read the thread like 3 times now, dude. Don't mention me if you're not going to read my posts.
    I already told you that I did read your posts too. Should I too say, "Did you even read my posts?"

This is why I didn't even want to respond to you.

Edit: I'm not taking the bait. Good luck on your conversation with other people and the word "let". And telling other people they don't understand you, since they didn't 'read' your posts.
    Last edited by Todd Duval; 2016-10-09 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    And even his VP isn't attending his recent event.
    The story on CNN is Pence called in to say "I'm not defending you today".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not just that he evaded taxes, which by all current accounts was mostly legal.
    Wait a sec, aren't tax evaders guilty of tax evasion? That's definitely illegal, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I already told you that I did read your posts too. Should I too say, "Did you even read my posts?"

This is why I didn't even want to respond to you.
    You didn't want to respond to me because I would see it and point out how wrong you were. You don't want to respond to me for the same reason. But yet, you still feel the need to post about me...
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-10-09 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    I don't really see how he could mount an even moderate defense. I mean of the points you listed, I think #10 is probably the most reasonable, and that just plays into the idea that he plays by a different rule set. It would be an acknowledgement by him that normal rules don't apply. Which is something he's alluded to before.

- - - Updated - - -

Is he a tax evader?

I mean you would think hurricane Mathew just farted on the coast according to the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    snip
    The phrase "tax evasion," isn't mentioned anywhere in that clip. You got fooled by a tabloid headline. Sorry, but it happens.

Hillary is saying that since there were a couple of years where Trump didn't pay taxes, then maybe there were other years that he didn't pay taxes. Not paying taxes isn't necessarily a crime. Not paying taxes when you owe taxes is something different.

The GOP is now trying to figure out what to do if Pence drops out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Has Pence alluded to anything of the sort?

Yeah, not sure where these silly "tax evasion" claims are coming from regarding Trump not paying taxes due to a writeoff. What he did is 100% legal, it's just ironic as hell given his and the GOP's penchant for blaming poor people who "don't pay taxes" for ruining our economy.

Yeah, apparently per the Trump site all his (Pence) events have been canceled.

This should be interesting, I don't think a major party has ever had to potentially replace a VP candidate literally one one before the election.

The phrase "tax evasion," isn't mentioned anywhere in that clip. You got fooled by a tabloid headline. Sorry, but it happens.

Hillary is saying that since there were a couple of years where Trump didn't pay taxes, then maybe there were other years that he didn't pay taxes. Not paying taxes isn't necessarily a crime. Not paying taxes when you owe taxes is something different.
    Not paying taxes isn't a crime but it isn't smart to tell people that are struggling that their candidate who has more than he needs doesn't pay towards important things like schools and military, even worse if you brag that it makes you smart. It's an image thing, and it doesn't play well in poor struggling peoples views especially when they feel the system is rigged to prop up the rich and they have to shoulder the burden.

Someone is thinking about 2020! But honestly, can you blame Pence at all?

I mean look at his performance during the VP debate, it kind of felt like he was more worried about his own image, rather than defending Trump at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, apparently per the Trump site all his (Pence) events have been canceled.

This should be interesting, I don't think a major party has ever had to potentially replace a VP candidate literally one one before the election.
    I don't think there has ever been a nomination that melted down so spectacularly.

Someone is thinking about 2020! But honestly, can you blame Pence at all?

I mean look at his performance during the VP debate, it kind of felt like he was more worried about his own image, rather than defending Trump at all.
    There's nothing he can do to defend Trump, though. And if he did, he would have played right into Kaine, who would have eviscerated him.

I think he was definitely looking to 2020/2024 when he decided to take the VP spot, but at this point his calculated gamble of associating himself with Trump to boost his stature on the national stage is likely to bite him in the ass. When Trump goes down in a blaze of "glory", Pence won't come out smelling like roses. He'll smell like the same shit that Trump wallows in.

Deleted
    Up their game and turn Chris Christie into Joe Pesci circa "GoodFellas".

"What do you mean I'm fat ?"

Not paying taxes isn't a crime but it isn't smart to tell people that are struggling that their candidate who has more than he needs doesn't pay towards important things like schools and military, even worse if you brag that it makes you smart. It's an image thing, and it doesn't play well in poor struggling peoples views especially when they feel the system is rigged to prop up the rich and they have to shoulder the burden.
    I think it's compounded that his plan is to cut taxes for the rich (like himself) too. Gets the image that he's not worried about the little man at all. It's pretty definitive that trickle-down economics doesn't work, as Trump is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At least he can rant online and dummies will pay to listen... like with Palin... They could even have their own talk show together. Pence and Palin.
    I don't think Pence is quite that unhinged and stupid. I mean, yeah, this is a guy that voluntarily jumped onto the Trump train and all, which should tell you a lot about him. But he's not Palin levels of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When Trump goes down in a blaze of "glory", Pence won't come out smelling like roses. He'll smell like the same shit that Trump wallows in.
    I kind of feel bad for him to be honest. I completely agree with your calculated gamble statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Has Pence alluded to anything of the sort?
    He's in a shitty situation, and was awfully quiet today. The GOP would be wise to consider it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Up their game and turn Chris Christie into Joe Pesci circa "GoodFellas".

"What do you mean I'm fat ?"
    It'll cover the "fat demographic" which is now emerging.