Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've started groups as hunter and rogue. They take longer to fill than the ones I start as tank, but they've never taken more than 20 minutes or so. Helps to include your experience level in group description, assuming that's a positive.

As others have pointed out, the best solution is either rolling a tank or heals, or getting to know tank or heals who trust you and enjoy running with you. I have hunter and druid friends I know I can count on; they are first ones I look for when I want to start a group.

As long as more players choose to play DPS than the other specs, there will be a shortage of those other specs.

It does turn around a bit when it comes to raiding. Only 2 tank spots compared to 5+ DPS spots. RDPS, in particular, can usually find a spot right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I linked a 400k DPS kill on last boss of EoA mythic +3, and I still got declined as DPS ^^.
    People 100% look at ilvl these days, nothing else. Even at 861, you will still get shafted like 80% of the time.
    And this is because there are like 20 other DPSers also signing up! :P
    Yeah, tbh, when I pug DPS for anything that isn't critical, I usually just take the first acceptable I-lvls I see in queue. I get a little pickier for good keystones, since I don't want to risk depleting them. But more than once I've accepted one app, only to see someone better - like you - a split second too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Can't say ive experience this at all, been playing this whole expansion as a Havoc DH so far. I've done some mythics with my guild, but most of them have been with pugs. Getting declined to 10 or so groups in a row doesn't matter when there are hundreds...
    ^^^^Yep. This is closer to my experience. I suspect OP is frustrated and exaggerating.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I feel that the consent of having pure DPS classes is the biggest hold back of WoW. I love my Hunter but I feel that I am going to have to main my Pally so I can get into instance groups (I am a casual player most of the time these days).

Well the ratio between tanks/healers to DPS has always been skewed, also the majority of players are DPS (much more than 3/5).
    I decided to go blood on my DK instead of unholy for instant queues, and oh boy do you gear up fast as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember there are probably around another 15-20 DPS applying to the same group as you are and as such it's not always a guaranteed space for you in the group. If anything the most surefire way to form a regular mythic group is to make your own with a 830 ilvl requirement or if you're going for a keystone group either make a group for a dungeon with the intent of using your own keystone or whispering the group leader of the group you're looking to join that you can provide yours as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    Wow I must either be the most popular hunter on EU Mazrigos or doing something right as whenever I make my own group with a decent ilvl requirement and clear whether it's a regular or plus run I get a full group in about 15-20 minutes.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I actually get declined sometimes as an 850+ Holy Priest. I'm talking about groups that are listed as 840+, Mythic +0, just need heals and good to go. Even if not declined, sometimes the timer will run all the way down to <30 sec before the invite - I assume because they're hoping a more favorable healing class will sign up.

Admittedly, if I were ambitious enough to form my own groups, I would do the same thing to DH and Monk tanks. In Mythic dungeons where everyone is constantly taking huge amounts of damage, DH and Monk tanks are nonstop panic mode. DK tanks on the other hand are decent. Paladin tank are good. But I LOVE healing warrior tanks. I might try to hold out for one of those.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    Both of those classes have tank AND healer specs. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it is the gear-score fiasco in full bloom again only with multiple layers aka 1 )are you X,Y,Z class/spec ? 2)are you 860 + itlv ? - if any of those doesnt check you are just being ignored which ends up in decline.
    Ive been invited to ones where ppl posted above my ilevel before.

Deleted
    the whole concept of mythic is wrong now you can onley do them in pugs and its just there that its wrong it would be better just put in a min itlvl just like in heroic's now there are a lot of ppl who strugle to do them just becous they got the " wrong " class and a lot of them just give op.

Quote Originally Posted by morgathoo View Post
    I feel that the consent of having pure DPS classes is the biggest hold back of WoW. I love my Hunter but I feel that I am going to have to main my Pally so I can get into instance groups (I am a casual player most of the time these days).
    I agree, I don't see the point of pure DPS classes now, especially when 1 spec is always complete trash.

Blizzard making Survival Hunter a melee DPS spec this expansion was just complete idiocy. It should have been a tank spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I actually get declined sometimes as an 850+ Holy Priest. I'm talking about groups that are listed as 840+, Mythic +0, just need heals and good to go. Even if not declined, sometimes the timer will run all the way down to <30 sec before the invite - I assume because they're hoping a more favorable healing class will sign up.

Admittedly, if I were ambitious enough to form my own groups, I would do the same thing to DH and Monk tanks. In Mythic dungeons where everyone is constantly taking huge amounts of damage, DH and Monk tanks are nonstop panic mode. DK tanks on the other hand are decent. Paladin tank are good. But I LOVE healing warrior tanks. I might try to hold out for one of those.
    as guardian i like holy priests, in regular mythics only discs and holy paladins (not sure why?) have some issues keeping people up, hell even I get sometimes declined (852 ilvl) for some regular mythic groups...I think it heavily depends on people already in the group, some low ilvl crap dps will more likely look for 860+ and decline me.

But as others pointed out I never had any problems with groups clearly stating its "normal" mythic as well. Sure if you are 830ilvl and you ask for 860+ to carry your ass it will take a while, but so far groups that dont bullshit people and take around 840+ peeps are the best groups I have experienced. And trust me, if you lower your expectations to reasonable level you will be surprised how many people will join you (840 seems very reasonable, dont take blue geared people below 840, dont be their teacher, just take somewhat experienced people that cleared some mythics but had bad luck with gear....).

Deleted
    Eh, anecdote inc:

I have a feeling that one of the biggest offenders here is once again rng vs. effort. I've put in a huge amount of gold and effort into getting the best gear possible in the shortest time, aiming to avoid this exact situation, and sat at 850 not even two weeks after release. Mage.

'Twas glorious. Instant invites to everything, the hard "work" really paid off. However, since that time, I haven't gotten any meaningful upgrades. Today, I'm at 852. Now I have to compete for spots with all the other dps again, not getting invites, not getting gear, and starting a vicious cycle until they, presumably, put up some catch-up mechanic next tier.

It's frustrating, and I'm starting to notice myself not bothering anymore to get into groups much. It's possible, sure, it just saps so much energy out of the gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Straight face by default.

Anyway, it is still my group and my criteria and I want to do it as fast as possible. Since there were no guildies available, my only option is pugging.

I won't accept anyone which I deem below the standard I set. You can come to the forums complain I didn't invite you but at the end of the day I'm the one who pugged m10 and you're here trying to leech your way into another group.

I repeat, you are NOT entitled to my group.

And yes, I'm elitist like that.
    nothing to brag about significantly outgearing content. back in wrath there was a guild who raided current content in blues only as a conscious decision, that;s a real challenge and those guys were genuine elite.

regardless, the whole ilvl thing is getting way out of proportaion (and is quite a bad indication for skill or even itemization). I have an 855ilvl tanking gear filled with useless mastery and vers (BDk), or I could go with my actual full haste/crit 850 (which is better optimized). the latter is proned to declines way more than the former. the most absurd group finder yet? got declined for suramar world quest I usually solo but got lazy that day and decided to LFG.

that's not elitisim, that's plain bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Both of those classes have tank AND healer specs. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    well, so far for blizz's :"bring the player not the class/spec"
    motto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic simply needs a Queue System while Mythic+ should be as it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I agree, I don't see the point of pure DPS classes now, especially when 1 spec is always complete trash.

Blizzard making Survival Hunter a melee DPS spec this expansion was just complete idiocy. It should have been a tank spec.
    I find my self having almost no time to progress my off - spec with all the AP grinding funneled to my main. I FEAR changing loot specs suitable for my off - spec because of the miniscule chance a legendary would drop for it instead of my MS. unless both specs use same stat priorities and gear itemization I don't see how you can actually keep more than 1 spec competitive/viable (unless going with Artifact lvl 16 on your OS is fine with you).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    agreed. with the exception that mythic+ should be enabled through the LFD tool (provided it has a built in ilvl/skill/requirment prerequisite and some lucrative incentive for roles in demand). people who preffer to hand pick their party members could still do that via LFG, but for the rest of the community who only wish to pug content they should be able to complete LFD mythic+ is probably the only viable option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it is the gear-score fiasco in full bloom again only with multiple layers aka 1 )are you X,Y,Z class/spec ? 2)are you 860 + itlv ? - if any of those doesnt check you are just being ignored which ends up in decline.
    at least GS had some itemization considered (e.g. you would not get a higher GS rating if you use a spirit trinkt as a warrior just to inflate your ilvl). other than that you are completely right.

dps are dime a fucking dozen. Want to be 99% invited for mythics roll a healer or tank.

Im ilvl 846 I just got invited to a mythic +2 carry group because I had a keystone. I outdps'd the group....

And yet I couldn't get into a mythic + anything without a keystone, I've tried applying literally for hours. It's fucking ridiculous.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why we cannot simply queue for mythics. They are not hard by any means.

Oh well. Guess I'll stick to occasional guild runs then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    What difference does it make? Just say right now we have...

100 tanks.
    100 healers.
    5000 DPS.

Queue or no queue, 4700 DPS are going to be short of luck because no tank/healer is going to rerun PuG content for no loot.

Only real solution is incentivizing hybrids to do more than just DPS. I've only sympathy for pure DPS classes, honestly. If you play a class with a tank/heal OS & complain about dungeon queues, well, it's your own damned fault.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    well, so far for blizz's :"bring the player not the class/spec"
    motto.
    Blizzard have never said that should be the case in regards to not taking a tank/healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    What difference does it make? Just say right now we have...

100 tanks.
    100 healers.
    5000 DPS.

Queue or no queue, 4700 DPS are going to be short of luck because no tank/healer is going to rerun PuG content for no loot.

Only real solution is incentivizing hybrids to do more than just DPS. I've only sympathy for pure DPS classes, honestly. If you play a class with a tank/heal OS & complain about dungeon queues, well, it's your own damned fault.

Blizzard have never said that should be the case in regards to not taking a tank/healer...
    using you're example, it would take a DPS 5 times the time it would take a tank or a healer (probably more) to get in a dungeon, but the dps WOULD EVENTUALLY get to run the content. this is a better alternative than getting 100% (it's 99% for OP now, but it will get worse cause he's not gearing and the ilvl gap is growing) declined.

as for blizz's motto, they intended to say "play what you WANT to play". yes, a group needs a tank, a group needs a healer, they need DPS too. why should anyone be forced to switch class/spec just to run content? if OP wanted to roll a tank he would probably do that.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post

Yeah, forming yourself is the way to go as long as class design remains as ridiculously busted as it is right now. Legion is a great expansion with some of the most trash class balance I have ever seen in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    using you're example, it would take a DPS 5 times the time it would take a tank or a healer (probably more) to get in a dungeon, but the dps WOULD EVENTUALLY get to run the content. this is a better alternative than getting 100% (it's 99% for OP now, but it will get worse cause he's not gearing and the ilvl gap is growing) declined.

as for blizz's motto, they intended to say "play what you WANT to play". yes, a group needs a tank, a group needs a healer, they need DPS too. why should anyone be forced to switch class/spec just to run content? if OP wanted to roll a tank he would probably do that.
    Remember; Just being a tank isn't good enough when they start declining you for not being a god-tier Druid tank with battle res.