Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Talking Holy Trinket choise halp

Hey Highlords.

To start of I'm rly enjoying my hpala this xpac, so far atleast, minus on the stupid 2h (I miss my 1h/shield combo).

I need some protips on what trinket to use now that I've gotten a few to choose from. Thanks in advanced.

These are the ones I have atm:

Naglfar Fare (Mythic 3 +915 crit)
    Flask of the Solemn Night (+ socket)
    Mote of Sanctification
    Chrono Shard
    Stolen Mana Crystal (Mastery)
    Nightborne Researcher's Phial (crit)

Any sort of tips regarding what trinkets to aim my bonusrolls for are also much appreciated.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taelane/simple

7+ Year Old Account
    Consider buying a Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire and upgrading it with Obliterum. I've been running that plus a Flask of the Solemn Night, though I am trying to get a Chrono Shard to test how I like the proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enervate View Post
    Consider buying a Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire and upgrading it with Obliterum. I've been running that plus a Flask of the Solemn Night, though I am trying to get a Chrono Shard to test how I like the proc.
    I've been thinking of getting that Darkmoon trinket but it's very expensive on my realm :/

Try for trinket from withered Jim. It's BIS atm if it WF or TF

BiS for holy Paladins ATM is vial of nightmare fog and the hellfire trinket.

This is according to Sacred shielding website. It's also according to CloudedinSanity who is an extremely good holy paladin. Another source is http://battlehardened.shivtr.com/for...?post=12720262. This one states cacoon is better over hellfire but that's considering Titanforged/warforged.

From all the sources though, Vial of Nightmare fog and Hellfire are our BiS trinkets.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-10-09 at 01:03 AM.

That is correct. I'm too cheap to by any trinket that only scales to 850 and is the reason why I mentioned WF and TF. Which would be better than the deck. As the more int you get the more your secondary stats are worth. ATM. The spreadsheets show a 32khps for Withered Jim and only 26k for hellfire.

Current weights. Int:1 Crit:.86 Haste:.76 Vers:.92 Mastery:.90
    Last edited by pantong51; 2016-10-09 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pantong51 View Post
    That is correct. I'm too cheap to by any trinket that only scales to 850 and is the reason why I mentioned WF and TF. Which would be better than the deck. As the more int you get the more your secondary stats are worth. ATM. The spreadsheets show a 32khps for Withered Jim and only 26k for hellfire.

Current weights. Int:1 Crit:.86 Haste:.76 Vers:.92 Mastery:.90
    Curious where are you getting those weights from?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    BiS for holy Paladins ATM is vial of nightmare fog and the hellfire trinket.

This is according to Sacred shielding website. It's also according to CloudedinSanity who is an extremely good holy paladin. Another source is http://battlehardened.shivtr.com/for...?post=12720262. This one states cacoon is better over hellfire but that's considering Titanforged/warforged.

From all the sources though, Vial of Nightmare fog and Hellfire are our BiS trinkets.

I would consider Heightened Senses a better choice once you have "enough" crit. Versatility will always give you more healing and the proc is pretty great. The downside, as it happens with all proc trinkets, is that you cannot control it.

It depends on whether you're doing dungeons or raids, and on which difficulty.

In m+ dungeons I favour on use trinkets.

In raids, depends on the damage profile of the encounter. Proc trinkets are good for quite a few fights with constant healing requirements such as Ursoc, Dragons, or Cenarius. Trinkets like Vial are also useful for these bosses.

Chrono Shard has a really high ICD, I do not recommend it.

I secretly love stat sticks and wished I had one WF/TF to 850+.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the tips guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nedralixx View Post
    I would consider Heightened Senses a better choice once you have "enough" crit. Versatility will always give you more healing and the proc is pretty great. The downside, as it happens with all proc trinkets, is that you cannot control it.
    What exactly is conciderd "enough" crit then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Thanks for all the tips guys

What exactly is conciderd "enough" crit then?

Anything above 30%, which means a guaranteed holy shock crit under wings. I'm not saying that crit becomes useless after this cap, however after that you can sacrifice crit for other stats such as intelect, mastery and versatility.

Heightened senses over which one

I do know that Vial is BiS either way. The crit and absorb shield are both extremely good. The absorb shield also procs a lot. It does about 7-8% of my healing on fights and sometimes even more than that. Mines 885 though, so cant really ignore that.

Still, from every source Ive seen Vial of Nightmare Fog and Hellfire are BiS. Hellfire may stop being BiS when you get enough crit but its still really good.

My current trinkets are Vial of nightmare fog 885 ilvl and a stat stick thats 840 with int and mastery.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-10-09 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Curious where are you getting those weights from?
    Replied in other thread as well. But I got them from my spreadsheets that I made by updating scared shielding and constantly updating my stats. It's usually going to be crit mastery vers haste

- - - Updated - - -

Anything above 30%, which means a guaranteed holy shock crit under wings. I'm not saying that crit becomes useless after this cap, however after that you can sacrifice crit for other stats such as intelect, mastery and versatility.
    With T19 30% crit is enough. 40% without. BUT crit falls off a bit after 30% to mastery and vers even without T19

IoL is better than haste still so crit will almost always beat out haste. Vers and mastery take over around 30% crit though

Edit: I'm wrong 22.5% crit with T19= 100% crit with wings 30% without T19 is 100% crit with wings
    Last edited by pantong51; 2016-10-09 at 07:52 PM.

Hey Highlords.

To start of I'm rly enjoying my hpala this xpac, so far atleast, minus on the stupid 2h (I miss my 1h/shield combo).

I need some protips on what trinket to use now that I've gotten a few to choose from. Thanks in advanced.

These are the ones I have atm:

Naglfar Fare (Mythic 3 +915 crit)
    Flask of the Solemn Night (+ socket)
    Mote of Sanctification
    Chrono Shard
    Stolen Mana Crystal (Mastery)
    Nightborne Researcher's Phial (crit)

Any sort of tips regarding what trinkets to aim my bonusrolls for are also much appreciated.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taelane/simple
    Based on raw HPS

Chrono + Flask of SOlemn Night

Hey guys. What do u think about Thrumming Gossamer 850 with leech (1233 int, 419 leech). Base Int and the proc i can control seem better than random absorb from Vial of Nightmare Fog.

I get about the same performance from 850 Naglfar Fare vs 865 Vial (proc-wise). Fare feels a bit more consistent due to absorb and the HoT combo being at least partially useful over all kinds of damage profiles. I don't think the proc haste are particularly useful (except maybe with CM/DP). Depending on how much crit I think the crit stat stick and the Fare are probably the best choices.

I've been thinking of getting that Darkmoon trinket but it's very expensive on my realm :/
    I've gotten several really decent Int+Crit stat trinkets from World Quests that easily compete with the Darkmoon deck. I don't think it's worth it. Sad, really. Just today I got a Huge Roggstone that Titanforged or whatever up to ilvl 855, 1277Int 950Crit. Clearly better than the Hellfire deck from a 10 minute world quest.

With respect to trinkets, I like the Naglfar Flare. Crit + proc is nice.

The next trinket to consider would be a Concave Reflecting Lens from Vault. Crit with a chain heal type proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
    I've gotten several really decent Int+Crit stat trinkets from World Quests that easily compete with the Darkmoon deck. I don't think it's worth it. Sad, really. Just today I got a Huge Roggstone that Titanforged or whatever up to ilvl 855, 1277Int 950Crit. Clearly better than the Hellfire deck from a 10 minute world quest.

With respect to trinkets, I like the Naglfar Flare. Crit + proc is nice.

The next trinket to consider would be a Concave Reflecting Lens from Vault. Crit with a chain heal type proc.

I hear you man, I go for those but sadly I havent been lucky on the procs, I got one yday with crit tho but didnt proc wf/tf.
    Been going for that Lens from Glazer since I started doing mythics pretty much, been unlucky with the drops :/

For those with the gold an 850ilvl Warforged Eyasu's Mulligan I think is also pretty strong - It's 1233int with an on use which gives a 4,198 proc of either crit, haste, mastery or vers with the opportunity to do the on-use a second time to roll a different stat (basically it's a 6% chance that it double rolls haste).

I've been using it with a Hellfire trinket as an alternative to the 870 Vial I also have.

In the sheet I've been looking at it ranks higher than the 870 Vial and most other trinkets due to the nature of an on-use being perceived as more powerful than a stat stick.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...QinFXagTo/edit

Pretty decent start anyhow, obviously it's all just straight hypothetical HPS numbers, assuming base case rotations and such, but that's a better basis than just conjecture and anecdotes :P

Take your stats, and plug them into the first tab, then all the stat weights and numbers will update based on that. The trinket tab takes a lot of things into account, and gives some leeway when using proc based 'unique' trinkets, so there's a bit of estimation going on.