Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7.1 is NOT a major patch, you fool...

I've always found the hate on Naxx in WotLK to be unjustified, they just returned a raid that 99% of the playerbase didn't even experience back then and it still very much fits the Scourge theme. It also gave them enough time to give us Ulduar, the raid where most work went into it and is now often considered the best raid of the game.

Karazhan is a different story, because a lot more people experienced this raid during TBC. And you were easily able to revisit and clear this place after TBC, unlike Naxx40. But unlike Naxx they aren't returning this as a raid, but a dungeon. And its just one of the major features in the next patch.

Either way I don't see the problem. Though I didn't like how they rehashed ZA and ZG while they didn't even preserve the older versions, it filled up as all the content in a major patch while they pushed back Firelands and scrapped Abyssal Maw. The ZA rehash is a far worse case as its for 95% the exact same as the old version, with a different opening and differend final boss. ZG atleast had a lot more work put into it, but it was still the same place for most of the part.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    This is the most idiotic post in this whole thread tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Could use a Snapchat addon for my selfie camera. Maybe Instagram integration?
    I want facefuck integration so I can post from goldshire honestly.

yes it is...

World of Warcraft: Legion, the popular massively multiplayer game’s sixth expansion pack, won’t be live until Aug. 30, but that hasn’t stopped Blizzard from announcing what’s next. During a stream at Gamescom, the developer revealed "Return to Karazhan" (a.k.a. Patch 7.1), the first major update for the new expansion.

Deleted
    I guess someone didn't watch the video by Fatboss.

Gr8 b8 m8.

Now, seriously:
    - Karazhan is not a "full" rehash - there are new bosses and new areas.
    - The patch also has a new raid, as well as the Suramar campaign and other pieces of content.
    - We just left the expansion with the smallest amount of patch content to date.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Wow I write a legit question making a direct comparison to one of the most bitched about raids because it was rehashed, and point the fact it's being done again, an I get shot down as flamebait by the fanlords. Great, MMO C never disappoints.
    It seems you are about the only one who is whinging here.. Just be happy or not that they are giving us something good or would you rather they give us another S.E.L.F.I.E type patch (which from what I can gather by your OP you would prefer)..

https://youtu.be/tHK2pbrNU38

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Blizzard gets away with it because they're abusing the nostalgia of Karazhan. One of, if not the, most nostalgic raids in all of WoW. Only in front of Ulduar as most requested as a return to.

When the first half of the dungeon is literally the same bosses and the same mobs using the same mechanics.
    Actually Huntsman, Moroes and Maiden are very much different fight wise, and Opera has new encounters this time around..

https://youtu.be/tHK2pbrNU38
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-10-09 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    1.) There are new bosses and new areas in the revamped Karazhan, unlike Naxxramas.
    2.) The patch also includes an entire new raid in the Halls of Valor and Helheim.
    3.) The patch is coming out far closer to launch than is typical, and is going to be followed within a few months by the new Nighthold raid.
    4.) The patch also includes new world content like World Quests and a continuation of the Suramar storyline.
    yeah exactly this VS

Why is no one crying havok the same way they did with Naxx in WOTLK? On top of that, Karazhan was a raid many players go to experience, it wasn't even low attendance like Naxx40 was in pre-bc.

So they're adding some new art and changing things a bit, big deal, it's largely the same place with probably no conclusive lore once we're done with it.
    I haven't raided Karazhan when it was current simply because I was unaware of how awesome WoW was back at that time.
    Since blizzard will remake it as an epic 9 boss big ass dungeon, I am more than happy about the next patch.
    As if that is not enough, we will be getting a 3 boss raid with Odin using his full power, Guarn which looked like an interesting beast to fight and Helya, who is freaking AWESOME and I can't wait to see how far the fight will go and how much more powerful she is!
    Also epic suramar questline inc in 7.1 and more world quests maybe even? If not world quests then suramar is more than enough, also LOTS of cool mounts like the manasaber which is fucking epic (already gotten to exalted with nightfallen in case thats where we buy it from).
    So yeah, compared to 6.1, or even 5.1 that had a lot of lore content, and 4.1 that brought 2 awesome dungs, this is fucking AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Could use a Snapchat addon for my selfie camera. Maybe Instagram integration?
    or this crap

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Because most of us are excited about revisiting one of the most popular instances Blizz ever created.
    and at least they are leaving the raid alone unlike Zul Aman and Zul Gurub..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    well... at least it's not selfies and facebook integration.
    This is what I find so funny you have those bitching and moaning about getting a 5 man version of Kara and new 3 boss raid and some more to the Suramar story..

Maybe Blizz should make 7.1 a Tumblr/Instagram patch just to piss those whingers off even more and I could sit back and laugh my ass off..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-10-09 at 01:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    except it is?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    This is the most idiotic post in this whole thread tbh.
    Followed by the most useless and idiotic reply, gz flower.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    yes it is...
    Show me the source of the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    except it is?
    Except up to this date major patch was the one that bring a new tier? Was Ruby Sanctum a major patch? Troll dungeons? 5.3? 6.1?

I'm eagerly waiting for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You know the best thing about it?

its not the fact that it is actually not a clone, but that you can simply skip it.

Thats right, you are not forced to do it, because it is not a raid tier like Nighthold and Valor is. Which ALSO ships in next major content patches/unlock patches.
    ohh boi.
    Nice, I didn't know I pay 15$/month + expansion costs for rehashed dungeons and raids which I'm not forced to do. I love being able to express my concerns about the lack of new content only to be stamped with the "don't play it then" turbonerd comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    This feels a bit different than previous rehashes, which just kind of felt randomly placed.

Karazhan has lore tied to the Legion, Sargeras himself possessed medivh, and under the tower did a lot of stuff involving demons.

They've also added more than ever before for this "rehash", adding new bosses and areas. Its a complete upgrade, not a rehash like za/zg was, where they just kinda made it prettier, although ZA was pretty much left untouched and they tweaked the numbers, ZG is where all the effort went.

ZA was a rehash, Kara is getting an upgrade. Big difference. They're also leaving in old Kara, one of the biggest issues with ZA/ZG ect was that they removed the old version.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-10-09 at 02:51 PM.

Why is no one crying havok the same way they did with Naxx in WOTLK? On top of that, Karazhan was a raid many players go to experience, it wasn't even low attendance like Naxx40 was in pre-bc.

So they're adding some new art and changing things a bit, big deal, it's largely the same place with probably no conclusive lore once we're done with it.
    You are missing like half the content
    First of all, Kara has new bosses and rooms, its not a rehash, its a remake
    Second, There is a new raid coming, the trial of valor
    Third, there is a continuation of the suramar campaign with tons of new quests and stories
    Fourth, there are new world quests
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there a whole raid and other WQ content coming in 7.1? As a player who did not play TBC I'm excited to experience Kara as a current instance instead of just blowing through it farming mounts/tmog

Wow I write a legit question making a direct comparison to one of the most bitched about raids because it was rehashed, and point the fact it's being done again, an I get shot down as flamebait by the fanlords. Great, MMO C never disappoints.
    But not many people did bitch about it.... Almost no one did. 1-2% of the player base EVER saw NAXX.. that "rehashed" old raid was new to most people, Even those of us that finished 3.0 Naxx enjoyed it.
    This seems like a case of confusing what YOU thought about it with what everyone else did

Because it's not replacing existing content, which is what every update/redesign has done with previous dungeons and raids.