Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My First x3 Chest

Just did my first keystone +2 and got x3 chests. WW ilvl 860 ,,,, dps 3xxk on full run ,,,is that about right or should be doing much more?

7+ Year Old Account
    id say that's pretty damn good... but im looking at it from a raid stand point lol

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    id say that's pretty damn good... but im looking at it from a raid stand point lol
    Thanks .. did normal and heroic clears and as long as I don't get my self killed I pull the same numbers ... though on heroic I've wiped my entire raid once or twice, which is bad for my numbers as well as the raid ...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-10-09 at 04:55 AM.

Really depends on what dungeon you've done.
    300k DPS for the entire run should be expected for a 3 chest, so on that front - good work.
    At 860 iLvl I'd personally expect a little bit more. I'm a 852 Brewmaster, so I can't be anymore specific though!

Deleted
    It all depends on what dungeon since the pulls are different in different dungeons. If you only did cleave pulls of 3-4 mobs at a time then 300k is pretty decent. If you did any bigger its quite bad. In low keylevels of aoe dungeons (like BRH or MoS) then 500k overall is not unreasonable.

Depends on dugenon. My first mythic+2 ever and we had 3 chests on Neltharion's lair with 848-852 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    It all depends on what dungeon since the pulls are different in different dungeons. If you only did cleave pulls of 3-4 mobs at a time then 300k is pretty decent. If you did any bigger its quite bad. In low keylevels of aoe dungeons (like BRH or MoS) then 500k overall is not unreasonable.
    OK thanks and noted.

It was Neltharion's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Depends on dugenon. My first mythic+2 ever and we had 3 chests on Neltharion's lair with 848-852 ilvl
    All you need for triple chest on +2 NL is a tank who knows the path and pulls.

I did 2 mythic +2 runs in a row and averaged 350k dps for both runs. 865 with legendary though. Wasn't tryharding or anything, just business as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    OK thanks and noted.

It was Neltharion's Lair
    You can increase your overall dps ALOT by just knowing when you can pop cooldowns. From my point of view you want to use cooldowns on as many trashpacks as you can wile still having them up for bosses. I try to have ToD and atleast 1 SEF ready for every boss but if you only used CDs on trash you would prolly get a even higher result. Overall dmg also depends alot on how good the other people in your group are.

Deleted
    Just did my first keystone +2 and got x3 chests. WW ilvl 860 ,,,, dps 3xxk on full run ,,,is that about right or should be doing much more?
    Not bad - my record is done yesterday 860 ilvl 377 overall dam in +7 vault

I think 300-350 is a good range depending on the dungeon. I've tried to use touch of death more in places where I know I can and have it up before the boss but I haven't been logging my runs so I don't have much to analyze on that front. I also will try to take an SEF charge into bosses unless I know we have someone who is more of a single target spec instead of AE, then I'll use more SEF on trash and let them pick up the SEF difference on boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    300k for the whole run is probably average for an 860 ilvl WW as trash packs are factored in the DPS and WWs excel at that. I'm averaging about that as an 852 ilvl WW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I don't know how much the last ilvls does but as a referance im doing about 450-600k overall dps in the +6-10s that im currently farming with 870 ilvl with the record of 617k in a Black Rook Hold 7.

Deleted
    I dont mean to hijacking your thread, but it seems there's some experienced ppl here.

Can you answer 2 questions?

Against trash packs in mythic+, what is generally the best rotation?
    What talents do you run in mythic+?

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    I dont mean to hijacking your thread, but it seems there's some experienced ppl here.

Overall, you are the carrier for these Mythic+ you should be doing about 700k-1.05m dps on trash pulls above or equal to 3 targets. I've been doing that since I was 846 (upper limit of 800k) and the power strikes whirling dragon build is the best for AoE. For bosses your dps might range between upper 200k and peaking at 500k dps. My normal dps is about 400k no buffs other than my own (consumables too).

Rotation, your normal, I might not be the best to ask about this since I don't focus on SCK, most of aoe dmg comes from my FoK. I find keeping SCK debuffs up on each target is kinda hard after SEF dies off.

What are other ppl doing?
    I can't walk away until I've seen it through, for the good or worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post

I've noticed that unless you have a massgrip or the mobs are otherwise very stacked up then FoF is not worth casting on aoe pulls wile you have SEF up. That is because your clones wont hit alot of targets cause AI sucks. You do way more from just holding FoF untill after SEF is over and spamming high stacked crane kicks instead.

Other then that make sure to keep crane stacks as high as possible and fallow the spreadsheet on priority.

I usually run the standard talents with WDP and EE, however I have started running serenity for afew dungeons with alot of bosses and not much trash if they are 10+ (CoS and Vault namely)

I've noticed that unless you have a massgrip or the mobs are otherwise very stacked up then FoF is not worth casting on aoe pulls wile you have SEF up. That is because your clones wont hit alot of targets cause AI sucks. You do way more from just holding FoF untill after SEF is over and spamming high stacked crane kicks instead.

Other then that make sure to keep crane stacks as high as possible and fallow the spreadsheet on priority.

I usually run the standard talents with WDP and EE, however I have started running serenity for afew dungeons with alot of bosses and not much trash if they are 10+ (CoS and Vault namely)

what... You ALWAYS want to cast your FoF even if the adds arent close together... and in M+ they always will be together... and btw you dont have to stack crane stacks if you play SEF because it does it for you.... On the other hand if youre playing serenity, which imo is better, then you should manage stacks.

One quick read through this thread reminds me why WoW is such crap anymore... the community.

Gratz OP on your first M+2. The fact that you got it done and got 3 chests tells you all you need to know. You should have expected the majority of the community to tell you how they can do better in less gear (lol at the guy who can do 700k-1m in a lot less gear)

I blame Blizzard for designing a game that attracts such people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    One quick read through this thread reminds me why WoW is such crap anymore... the community.

Gratz OP on your first M+2. The fact that you got it done and got 3 chests tells you all you need to know. You should have expected the majority of the community to tell you how they can do better in less gear (lol at the guy who can do 700k-1m in a lot less gear)

I blame Blizzard for designing a game that attracts such people.
    Total DPS greatly depends on

a) the tank and how good he is at gathering up large pulls for AOE, DK and DH tanks with their mass grasps are boosting your dmg.
    If you are constantly in combat and trailing single mobs your dps will be lower.
    b) the group setup, the amount of combat times on AOE pulls to line up with your AOE bursts

So I think it is impossible to really judge based on a total skada dps listing if you did good or just ok.

A better way to compare would be the total damage you have done / the full time of the clear. This is different to dps, since dps only divides total damage by time spent in combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protonova View Post
    Overall, you are the carrier for these Mythic+ you should be doing about 700k-1.05m dps on trash pulls above or equal to 3 targets. I've been doing that since I was 846 (upper limit of 800k) and the power strikes whirling dragon build is the best for AoE. For bosses your dps might range between upper 200k and peaking at 500k dps. My normal dps is about 400k no buffs other than my own (consumables too).

Rotation, your normal, I might not be the best to ask about this since I don't focus on SCK, most of aoe dmg comes from my FoK. I find keeping SCK debuffs up on each target is kinda hard after SEF dies off.

What are other ppl doing?
    Nice troll, you ain't doing 1m dps on 3 targets without exceptional circumstances.

The best build for trash AOE is not power strikes either, it is Energizing Elixirs.

And to crown it all you ignore SCK, terrible advise.

I would bet just about everything that you don't pull 400k "normal single target dps" with just your own buffs. Fights where you get bloodlust and exactly 2 Serenity/Touch of Death are hardly the "norm".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how much the last ilvls does but as a referance im doing about 450-600k overall dps in the +6-10s that im currently farming with 870 ilvl with the record of 617k in a Black Rook Hold 7.
    you forgot to mention flasks, prepot on cd, pot on cd and probably monk daily for 3000 mastery
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-10-17 at 10:51 AM.