Is Drain Life not supposed to get Destruction Mastery bonuses?

Pretty much the thread title. Drain Life does not gain a mastery bonus on either a per-tick or per-cast basis. As far as I understand it, "your spells deal additional damage, up to X% damage" seems pretty open and shut for it, and it's not a Shadow damage vs. Fire damage thing either; Shadowburn gains benefit just fine.

What gives?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I remember, it affects Destruction spells only, Drain Life is not a Destruction spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As far as I remember, it affects Destruction spells only, Drain Life is not a Destruction spell.
    then why can i skill something that improves a non destruction spell in my destruction artifact? oh ir emember because whoever designed locks this expac had nof ucking clue what they were doing

Likely didn't want life-or-death to be decided by mastery RNG and kept the healing at a constant reliable rate so you know what you can or can't out-heal. And DL is not damage spell for destro, it's pure healing utility.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Likely didn't want life-or-death to be decided by mastery RNG and kept the healing at a constant reliable rate so you know what you can or can't out-heal. And DL is not damage spell for destro, it's pure healing utility.
    that's why we have an artifact node that increases its damage, right?????

The destruction mastery is supposedly only ever a bonus. If Destro is gonna be saddled with a meme RNG mastery, why not give Destruction Warlocks the opportunity to sometimes drain 200k HPS?

That's objectively not what the mastery tooltip says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    That's objectively not what the mastery tooltip says.
    It used to say that in Beta. The tooltip was changed but mechanic behind it did not.

Deleted
    It used to say that in Beta. The tooltip was changed but mechanic behind it did not.
    Christ, sometimes Blizzard really manages to surprise me with their incompetency.

Likely didn't want life-or-death to be decided by mastery RNG
    That's exactly what our current mastery does. The received damage reduction is decided by mastery and can mean life or death as well.

Its not like our mastery can go to negative and take away our dmg, so it would only mean we sometimes require less ticks to heal.
    And besides, as mentioned earlier, there is a DL trait in our Destruction weapon.

Basically blizzards double standards.

Perhaps because DL has it's own (much stronger and much more reliable) version of our mastery built into it via the Devourer of Life, they didn't see sense in it being double-rolled on randomness and just designed Devourer of Life around not using mastery to begin with.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

yeah, warlocks were not designed ;/
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english