Me having my opinion about it being a good movie (along with thousand of other people) does NOT, and I repeat NOT give you any right to call me delusional!

The general audience liked/loved the movie. That's a fact. And I liked it too. Go tell everyone that liked the movie that they are fucked up. I dare you :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Oh, so you have all the figures? Please share your spreadsheet with us. We've got time.
    I don't need figures. Plenty of reports from reliable sources out there that make the exact same statement based on the facts you seem to have somehow overlooked.

Google is your friend.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the general audience liked/loved the movie then why didn't it make enough money to break even? Because the general audience went and saw other films, that's why. Of the people who saw the film, the majority of which had decided to love it before stepping into a theater, enjoyed it. That doesn't mean the general audience(which is all movie goers) thought it was a good film.
    Literally what you are saying right now is that you know everything? Apparently that is the case.

Its a fact the general audience liked the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I will be so happy if a sequel gets announced. Gonna laugh certain people in the face
    Be careful if you do! We might report you for being a big meanie head! <snickers>

I mean, it's totally okay to laugh at people when it suits your world view. But someone having a different one? OH HELL NO! XD

Yep. Not at all.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2016-10-09 at 02:27 AM.

If the general audience liked/loved the movie then why didn't it make enough money to break even? Because the general audience went and saw other films, that's why. Of the people who saw the film, the majority of which had decided to love it before stepping into a theater, enjoyed it. That doesn't mean the general audience(which is all movie goers) thought it was a good film.
    bad marketing in the US.
    also last i heard they were only off $16m.
    there have been worse movies that got sequels.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Google is your friend.
    Damn, your absolutely right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yep, not delusional at all.

IT IS THE GREATEST SUCCESS OF ALL TIME! THERE WILL BE COUNTLESS SEQUELS OF THIS MASTERPIECE! You have convinced me with your continued, not-delusional-at-all declarations about this objectively and factually shitty movie!
    I would avoid all these ridiculous hyperboles if you want people to keep taking you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love this sound in the end of the first 2013 teaser. They should have use this one in the november 2015, cause it looks so much better and gives an idea of what this movie is gonna be about. That suspenseful sound in the end. Badass.

https://vk.com/feed?w=wall-75533211_...51784735_67201
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-10-09 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Love this sound in the end of the first 2013 teaser.
    Your link requires a membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I would avoid all these ridiculous hyperboles if you want people to keep taking you seriously.
    Why? Hyperbole (and flat-out lies) is the only way you people make this movie a success by any definition.

Show me proof the majority of the movie going public liked the film. Remember, online rating systems with no real verification procss aren't proof.
    No, you show us proof nobody went to watch the movie worldwide, since you're the one bringing it up. Come on, show us proof Vegas. Proof that NOBODY from the general audience went to watch it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me proof the majority of the movie going public liked the film. Remember, online rating systems with no real verification procss aren't proof.
    https://www.cinemascore.com/
    Search for Warcraft. It got a B+ on average by viewers.

CinemaScore® is the industry leader in measuring movie appeal among theatre audiences. Since 1978, CinemaScore has been polling moviegoers at major movie releases on opening night to collect demographic information and calculate a distinctive CinemaScore grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    https://www.cinemascore.com/
    Search for Warcraft. It got a B+ on average by viewers.
    I expect Vegas' comeback to be something like "That doesn't cound because I say so" Blaa

There is no objective truth about this movie, it never is to any movie to begin with. LoTR was good but hardcore fans were still pissed off that it wasn't 100% copy of the book events, especially as far as Saruman is concerned. People should stop preaching that they're the only ones right and deal with it. Everything is purely subjective.

As far as I'm concerned, the movie was great, though things could've been even better (if stupid Universal hadn't interfered and forced Jones to cut down 30min of movie for some BS reasons).
    It's pretty good adoptation of events of 1st War and what's to follow and it fixed some plotholes that the original lore has.

And if obscure book adoptations like Percy Jacks and the Olympians can get a sequel despite being a poor adoptation, I really see no reason why Warcraft shouldn't.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-10-09 at 02:38 PM.

I wouldn't call the movie good or bad, but it feels like a huge waste of potential. It feels like it could've been a lot better if they atleast had a more comprehensive plot and better characters. But instead all they do if flip-flopping trough the human/orcs perspective, showing little to no characterisation other then your typical cliché good guy and bad guy. You end up watching a 2 hour movie that has no real plot whatsoever, you have a huge cast of characters all over the place doing their own thing, which only leads to 1 big battle at the end. When compared to something like LoTR, you get a lot more invested into their characters and story, even to this day they are huge pop culture characters.

The movie did manage to attract the gaming audience atleast, which is apparent in China considering how huge Blizzard games are over there (even more than half of WoW subs are from China). But it failed to deliver to the casual audience who come in knowing nothing of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    But it failed to deliver to the casual audience who come in knowing nothing of the universe.
    And how exactly do you know that? I've heard very positive words from people who doesn't play the games at all and we still keep hearing that. Duncan Jones always retweets positive words from people, especially those who never played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    There is no objective truth about this movie, it never is to any movie to begin with. LoTR was good but hardcore fans were still pissed off that it wasn't 100% copy of the book events, especially as far as Saruman is concerned. People should stop preaching that they're the only ones right and deal with it. Everything is purely subjective.
    Don't forget that Tom Bombadil was cut or that Glorfidel was replaced by Arwen to pander to female audiences. He also cut the orcs chasing the fellowship out of Moria and getting butchered by the elves in the forests.

Right, the fans who went and saw the film. The general audience couldn't have cared less about it and many disliked the film. Hence, it failed to breakeven and saw massive drops in revenue each week.
    Only the loudest people.

Right, the fans who went and saw the film. The general audience couldn't have cared less about it and many disliked the film. Hence, it failed to breakeven and saw massive drops in revenue each week.
    in the US due to bad marketing.

In many markets, it even underperformed in China after an incredibly strong start.
    you mean like every movie ever?
    as weeks they do worse and worse.

more news at 11.