Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Nerfs inc?

I wonder when they find the time to do something about S2M and the other level 100 talents. Will it be 7.1? 7.2? 8.0? I have no faith.
    No pls. I'm enjoying being OP.

Nerfs inc?

I wonder when they find the time to do something about S2M and the other level 100 talents. Will it be 7.1? 7.2? 8.0? I have no faith.
    Lets check boss per boss
    nythendra (lol rot rng): we are bottom of the middle of the pack or top of bottom of the pack
    ilgynoth: #2
    spider pig: middle of the pack
    ursoc: top
    dragons: 6 or bottom of the top pack
    cenarius: top
    xavius: everyone know how broken its to use s2m twice.

If they remove xavius from the statistic shadow its pretty much in the middle of the pack, while other classes are constantly at the top like enh shamans, mages and hunters.

Also lol at the sv hunter.

These overall charts are enormously skewed by Xavius and Cenarius. I'm not saying shadow isn't strong - it definitely is. But Cenarius is a fight with frequent high hp adds, and Xavius had the cheesiest mechanic for StM possible.

That being said, the language used for the hotfixes that were about to nerf us and then didn't make me believe that StM has a huge target on it's back. I don't think they are happy at all with how it is working, and the Shadow form changes in 7.1 could be part of many changes to shift more of our damage away from StM

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrik View Post
    These overall charts are enormously skewed by Xavius and Cenarius. I'm not saying shadow isn't strong - it definitely is. But Cenarius is a fight with frequent high hp adds, and Xavius had the cheesiest mechanic for StM possible.

That being said, the language used for the hotfixes that were about to nerf us and then didn't make me believe that StM has a huge target on it's back. I don't think they are happy at all with how it is working, and the Shadow form changes in 7.1 could be part of many changes to shift more of our damage away from StM
    To be fair other specs to well with multiple targets too. Its just that we're the best at it rn. I think Xavius is the only true cheese fest in the raid for us.

I just hope they are working on the level 100 tier right now and for 7.1. On the recent patchnote about this subject they spoke about "a future patch".
    We would prefer that Surrender to Madness not be as dominant as it is, and that it can’t be extended for quite so long. However, addressing this further would require significant changes to the spec beyond what we want to do in a tuning pass at this time. We will look for an opportunity to take a more comprehensive look at this issue in a future patch.
    Usual blizzard "logic" suggests it is too late to make major changes for 7.1 so we have to wait until 7.2 or 8.0.
    <inactive>

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they are working on the level 100 tier right now and for 7.1. On the recent patchnote about this subject they spoke about "a future patch".

Usual blizzard "logic" suggests it is too late to make major changes for 7.1 so we have to wait until 7.2 or 8.0.
    8.0 with a rework /10 chars

There doesn't seem to be much movement with tuning in general in 7.1 anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Sure, but the baton scales with targets as well. The RPPM of the trinket also scales with haste, so higher STM stacks and higher VF stacks = more procs. The sheet uses an average haste for RPPM stuff.
    I see... but am I reading it wrong or the chart basically shows a 845 int/haste one better than even a mythic plaguehive for s2m? Is that correct? Just wondering if I should save a coin on next reset on first boss or not... Thanks!

Lol so they thought a very short period of casting on the move justifies death? Typical Blizzard. Reminds me of dotweaving in wod, when devs were clueless about it. I wonder if their test group, the one whose performance and feedback are used in class/spec tuning, consists of babbling idiots.

Still, I find the "rework" which instantly requires another rework, not a very good example of developer's job.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I see... but am I reading it wrong or the chart basically shows a 845 int/haste one better than even a mythic plaguehive for s2m? Is that correct? Just wondering if I should save a coin on next reset on first boss or not... Thanks!
    So here's the interesting thing involving at least that trinket (hard to check since not everyone has the trinkets). The damage for plaguehive is incorrect. It's also in correct on Wowhead. It's also incorrect on WoWDB, and finally it's also incorrect in WCL (actual ticks via events). All 4 sources are showing the damage it can do are incorrectly stating it and until i can track down the actual damage it does, the trinket will be considered lower. For example, in game it's tooltip says it does half the damage it does in logs. Wowhead and WoWDB both have much lower numbers as well. So personally i think the trinket is good, but until i have concrete damage numbers i can't give it a proper value. This is noted next to the trinket and in the special notes section of the first tab (only tab you should really utilize unless you want to see rows up rows of trinkets).

Im new to Shadow Priest and i want to improve as much as i can.

I wonder about AoE and what to apply. As for now i use VT and SWP up til like 6 targets and over that i try to only apply SWP. Is this the wrong way? The AoE damage is pretty shit, but maybe that's the life of Shadow today?

And how should my attacking start when having the 3x MB legendary? Still start with MB followed by VT and SWP? Or should i start off with dots and then push with three mind blast?

Are there any trinket sims for spriest? What am I looknig for.

Question on trinkets. I have 880 mythic swarmplague (using) 845 baton, 845 chrono shard 850 infernal writ with socket and 845 stat stick int haste. Which trinket should i be using along with swarm?

To answer both of your questions, read the first post, click on trinkets, and look at the google doc.

@Catabolicphd if you give me your character name and realm, I will run some tests for you as well.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

, catabolicphd Kilrogg US

Here are your results*:

Plague + 850 socket Writ: 349.4k DPS
    Plague + 845 Chrono: 343.4k DPS
    Plague + 845 stat stick: 342.8k DPS
    Plague + 845 Baton: 338.6k DPS

*We have an update coming to the AMR shadow priest module that might change results slightly. We also have actual bosses coming out this week as well. I'd advise keeping all of your trinkets for now, and we'll test again after the updates in the next day. And it's also good to keep them in case Blizzard balances them in the next few week (you never know!)

Tips:
    1. Scroll to the bottom of each report, look for the 'gear' section. Expand it to see the actual trinkets used.
    2. This took me about 2 minutes to test, here's a video to show you how to do it if you have future setups you want to try. It's a super short video.

Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-10-10 at 03:12 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Thank you ill check it out in a few days. Dont have internet for a few days and gotta conserve my data usage

they realy need to balance PvE Talents. Whats the Point in having 3 of them if theres 99% of the Time only 1 you can pick ?. Looking at the History of Shadow normally i would doubt theres much change coming... but they have to do something since s2m is way too good

Yeah, they'll be giving us some big changes honestly. I'm not looking forward to it.

Deleted
    hi, there is a cap of haste? 35%? then go crit?

thx