Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't think that but I also don't believe in taking their word for it since that has and will lead to false accusations and people being wrongly convicted. It sucks, but I would rather one person have to deal with the consequences than punish another innocent person by throwing them in jail without actual proof. I sympathize greatly for women who don't get justice but unfortunately for them, too many other women cry wolf.
    Do they? You have proof of this? You know how many rape reports are false?

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Read above response.
    I did, your response is my state, if I take it as they are only worried about sexual predators taking advantage of the law, was fine with fucking over trans people because someone might be a pervert because it protects women and children.

Then these same republicans are completely on board with their presidential candidate being a sexual pervert. They only care about protecting women and children when it screws over a group they don't like, but letting a known pervert into the white house, a position with insane amounts of power that can be taken advantage of very easily, is just fine with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    You know, I've had a lot of gay and bi people come into my restroom and I've never had a problem. Why would trans people be any different?
    Where did I ever say it was a problem?

First we need context. That number of people who boycotted based on reasons of sexual assault is relatively small. Second, the reasoning was not so much about actual trans people committing assault, as actual predators abusing the policy to gain access to victims.

""This means a man can simply say he 'feels like a woman today' and enter the women's restroom ... even if young girls or women are already in there." "

It is still a very tenuous position, but you are mischaracterizing the hell out of it.
    "predators" had the exact same level of access that was there before. the boycott started after target announced they would not change the already existing setup because of the legislation. bathrooms are not policed to make sure one gender only uses their designated one, never have been. that is the context.

Where did I ever say it was a problem?
    I didn't realize you were going into lazy mode, by quoting someone and then asking me to explain what you quoted. Just forget I said anything.

So, you're moving the goalpost again and saying Trump doesn't literally mean walking up to women and just grabbing them by the pussy? Except apparently by some women's stories, that's exactly what he did. But he didn't mean it seriously here of course.
    What's funny is I'm supposed to respond to 10 different people giving me bullshit because they can't be bothered to fucking read the words I write, and yet you can't be bothered to read my comments. I already said he has been accused of assault or rape, so talk about that. Discuss the actual women who claimed he harmed them. Do not sit here like fools talking about the braggings of an egomaniac who didn't realize his mike was on while talking to another guy in a trailer. If a woman says "I was here and Trump came up and grabbed my pussy" then that deserves to be talked about. but you plebes can't be bothered to do even a modicum of grunt work looking for that information. Instead you latch onto this because it's easy, and it allows you to distort facts to fit a narrative. I mean, why would we even care what some girl says about Trump assaulting her. It's not like we believe women who claim assault, because as you yourself said, too many cry wolf!

- - - Updated - - -

Even one false rape report that leads to a wrongly convicted man is too many. I honestly would rather have a guilty man free than a completely innocent man wrongly convicted and thrown in jail. That doesn't mean I don't have empathy for the women who don't get justice. I just don't agree with throwing people in jail without solid evidence.
    No, it is not. This is a despicable position and you should be ashamed of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    I didn't realize you were going into lazy mode, by quoting someone and then asking me to explain what you quoted. Just forget I said anything.
    I'm lazy? I'm being attacked here and responding to all of you, but I'm lazy? I said that because it was my smart ass way of responding I never said what you are accusing me of saying. If you can prove I said it, then prove it, but if you can't, don't waste my fucking time.

10+ Year Old Account
    BannedForViews got banned for views.

Okay, I'll shut up... Sorry, just too funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's funny is I'm supposed to respond to 10 different people giving me bullshit because they can't be bothered to fucking read the words I write, and yet you can't be bothered to read my comments. I already said he has been accused of assault or rape, so talk about that. Discuss the actual women who claimed he harmed them. Do not sit here like fools talking about the braggings of an egomaniac who didn't realize his mike was on while talking to another guy in a trailer. If a woman says "I was here and Trump came up and grabbed my pussy" then that deserves to be talked about. but you plebes can't be bothered to do even a modicum of grunt work looking for that information. Instead you latch onto this because it's easy, and it allows you to distort facts to fit a narrative. I mean, why would we even care what some girl says about Trump assaulting her. It's not like we believe women who claim assault, because as you yourself said, too many cry wolf!

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is not. This is a despicable position and you should be ashamed of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm lazy? I'm being attacked here and responding to all of you, but I'm lazy? I said that because it was my smart ass way of responding I never said what you are accusing me of saying. If you can prove I said it, then prove it, but if you can't, don't waste my fucking time.
    1. Do not play the victim card because you began a discussion with many people
    2. We have a justice system for a reason, and not wanting an innocent person in jail is not "despicable"
    3. You have done nothing but hand wave, be obtuse, and distract from any real point. That is a fairly lazy tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Not all people are the same....so we should just judge the entire culture based on a few?
    If only thing you've seen is "few" and nothing else, and those few happen to be from most outrageous reports news networks could cook up to fill up their time (assaults, shootings, beheadings, drug wars, and so on), should you withhold judgement out of some "all people are actually good" belief? (not supported by facts available to you!)

Or should you judge them as despicable and support their downfall? As well as preventing them from settling in your area if that ever looks like possibility?

Xenophobia is what's created by people who don't like someone because they think their way of life is the only way of life....
    Wait, doesn't that fit Bush/Obama and America in general? With Obama's "indispensable nation" and American exceptionalism? With forceful destruction of "people they don't like" in Iraq, Libya, and Syria? With their professed hatred of "dictators"? (which IS one of possible "ways of life" - some people who firmly settled in America still support those whom Americans call "dictators" in their country of origin)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Wait, doesn't that fit Bush/Obama and America in general? With Obama's "indispensable nation" and American exceptionalism? With forceful destruction of "people they don't like" in Iraq, Libya, and Syria? With their professed hatred of "dictators"? (which IS one of possible "ways of life" - some people who firmly settled in America still support those whom Americans call "dictators" in their country of origin)
    You seriously think that operations in Iraq, Lybia and Syria were carried out because someone didn't like people living there?
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You seriously think that operations in Iraq, Lybia and Syria were carried out because someone didn't like people living there?
    Your hatred of dictatorship is clear example of xenophobia - hatred of different culture simply because your own values liberty above all else (and many other cultures don't).

10+ Year Old Account
    Your hatred of dictatorship is clear example of xenophobia - hatred of different culture simply because your own values liberty above all else (and many other cultures don't).
    This isn't what xenophobia even remotely is about...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i don't know any guy who openly admits to assaulting women. Do you?

If you do know someone who talks like that, would you even dare think about voting him for president....or for that matter leaving him alone with your daughter or wife?

This is a man who will be responsible for leading 51% of this population, you know....WOMEN. Do you think they want it to be "ok" for men to just walk up and grab their pussy?

Just because "everyone" talks this way does not make it right. And its sure not normal to talk about walking up to a woman and just grabbing her in the pussy. He made it clear, he HAS DONE THIS BEFORE and its OK since he is famous.

You don't see the difference between bragging and actually DOING? Makes me think that woman who came forward last year was telling the truth about trumps assault.
    wtf? he was obviously not being fucking serious about "grabing her by the pussy". The other 2 were laughing and so was he

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    wtf? he was obviously not being fucking serious about "grabing her by the pussy". The other 2 were laughing and so was he
    Hmmm, maybe you should tell that to all the Republicans that dropped support for Trump after the video was released then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The damage control is very desperate at this point. Lets see if they can salvage anything during the debate tonight.
    Can even be seen here att MMO-C, the usual Trump-is-infallible die hard republicans are very silent.
    When that smal parrot squad is silent you know something turned really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

That made no logical sense at all.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

This isn't what xenophobia even remotely is about...
    Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3]

US adventures in Middle East are advertised as crusade against dictatorships oppressing their population, which IS cultural value of US rather then some kind of universal constant.

Those dictatorships provided no actual threat to US in military sense, nor did they support some kind of terrorist organization that could theoretically target US.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-10-09 at 09:22 PM.

BannedForViews got banned for views.

Okay, I'll shut up... Sorry, just too funny!
    It's not like that's not a throwaway account anyway. My guess is hooked is still banned, and his other throwaways as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3]

US adventures in Middle East are advertised as crusade against dictatorships oppressing their population, which IS cultural value of US rather then some kind of universal constant.

Those dictatorships provided no actual threat to US in military sense, nor did they support some kind of terrorist organization that could theoretically target US.
    You haven't read the bolded part to the end, did you? See "presumed purity"? Yeah, those wars had nothing to do with it. Xenophobia has completely different roots and is not based on rationale, while those wars were.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I don't think Trump supports understand the electoral college, or that winning the popular vote does not mean you win the election. Just ask Gore.

Trump could win Texas by 90%, but he will get the same amount of EC votes.

The GOP as it currently stands is losing the demographic game. And Trump made that divide worse.
    That brings up an interesting point, that Maher or one of his guests brought up on Friday. If Trump wins the popular vote but loses the EC, there's no way he'd fall on his sword like Gore did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling there won't be a third debate. After Friday's tape Trump's hope, however slim they were, has vanished. Excited to see how he will behave tonight. The tape will be the first thing that they'll address.
    Black Lives Matter