Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The point was showing off Senya having a totally pointless martial arts fight with a bunch of guards she should have been able to instantly knock off a walkway.

Because you know, the force and shit : P
    Well there are force walls. Its why anakin didn't just wreck obi wan etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I Just want my Sith warr/ sorc to take Vitiates power, take what I want from the eternal empire, and Go back to lording over the Sith empire. Maybe a new area to explore in Korriban? I mean I don't hate all this eternal throne stuff, but the Sith story is why I played in the first place, and Id like to be referred to as the Wrath again instead of "outlander"
    YES! this please.

The minute, the SECOND I heard the words "Darth Ancina (or whatever her name is) took the throne and proclaimed herself Sith Empress" I immediately went "Fuck this fallen empire crap, fuck zakuul, fuck vitiate/valkorion, lemme get out of here, so I can march right up to Dromuund Kaas, and take back MY throne. Its MINE, >_>"

It'd be nice to be referred to as Darth Nox again instead of Outlander.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    YES! this please.

The minute, the SECOND I heard the words "Darth Ancina (or whatever her name is) took the throne and proclaimed herself Sith Empress" I immediately went "Fuck this fallen empire crap, fuck zakuul, fuck vitiate/valkorion, lemme get out of here, so I can march right up to Dromuund Kaas, and take back MY throne. Its MINE, >_>"

It'd be nice to be referred to as Darth Nox again instead of Outlander.
    *beautiful images of the Wrath strangling Ancina (or whatever her name is) and declaring the empire mine*
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Also, I said it once, and I'll say it again, I'm staying out until Jaessa, Mako, Nadia, Ashara, Doc, and Corso are back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    *beautiful images of the Wrath strangling Ancina (or whatever her name is) and declaring the empire mine*
    Right? its like the bitch taking up our seat in the sith empire isn't even a notable character worth remembering. She's just some random yahoo that we talk to once or twice three expansions ago or something. Could have at least made it a wee bit interesting by having her be secretly Zash's spirit that came back from the void and possessed someone or some shit like that.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Also, I said it once, and I'll say it again, I'm staying out until Jaessa, Mako, Nadia, Ashara, Doc, and Corso are back.

- - - Updated - - -

Right? its like the bitch taking up our seat in the sith empire isn't even a notable character worth remembering. She's just some random yahoo that we talk to once or twice three expansions ago or something. Could have at least made it a wee bit interesting by having her be secretly Zash's spirit that came back from the void and possessed someone or some shit like that.

Yea I want my Jaesa back, turning her into a psycho was hilarious. Need muh Sith wife.
    Holy shit lol

Yeah. I like the idea of monthly updates, but IMO they're nowhere near worth $15 a month for. GW2 did bi-weekly updates for free for a while that were almost the same bloody size as SWTOR's updates in KotFE. I don't think that was a great plan either, nor do I think it's reasonable or sustainable.

I'm just wondering how long BioWare will be able to convince their playerbase that hour long content updates without much else are worth $15 a month every month without relying on holding a "bonus chapter" hostage unless you subscribe through the whole thing. They had a ton of hype built up going into KotFE based on the premise of what they were delivering and the major changes they were making to leveling, the game world, companions, and flashpoints. They're not getting that kind of hype/leeway again now that folks know exactly what they're signing up for.
    From reading the Q&A thing, it looks like they realize the monthly stuff wasn't enough. Folks just consume content too fast for how long it takes them to make it so it's always a losing game.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

i wish they would just combine all the servers, i logged in this week to play the HK55 mission, then went to fleet and it had 3 people in it, also the last patch fucked up my shae vizla armor, the boots are now low rez and pink...

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    From reading the Q&A thing, it looks like they realize the monthly stuff wasn't enough. Folks just consume content too fast for how long it takes them to make it so it's always a losing game.
    In terms of non-repeatable story content, yeah. Duh. They also figured that out at launch when they ran into the exact same problem, though at least then they could say, "Just play other classes stories!" while now they don't even have that to fall back on.

Again, this is a problem with pushing story-driven content without supporting it with a wide variety of repeatable side activities. I'll reference GW2 again for an example, actually. Their story updates have been largely acompanied by a bunch of additional repeatable content, even when they were doing bi-weekly updates. You had events, new zones, new jumping puzzles, etc. Yeah, there are always going to be problems of developers never being able to keep up with player demands for content, but by this point BioWare should realize that while they still put story front and center, they need more than just story to keep folks playing and engaged. Shit, even TSW pairs up group content with their story updates, and they're working with what I imagine is a fraction of the budget/team size that BioWare has access to.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i wish they would just combine all the servers, i logged in this week to play the HK55 mission, then went to fleet and it had 3 people in it, also the last patch fucked up my shae vizla armor, the boots are now low rez and pink...
    Yeah, they desperately need to merge servers. At the very least they need to allow for cross-server grouping for flashpoints/operations/PvP (have they done that for PvP yet? I never do that anymore so not sure) through the automated LFG system. Server populations are shit and running occasional sales on server transfers doesn't address the problem, it only makes it worse for the low pop servers that are already the hardest hit by a lack of an active population.

But sadly I don't think they've said shit about addressing server population concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to how they'll resolve every single player in the game simultaneously sitting on the throne : 3

Ah the issues of trying to resolve making your player character the central hero rather than a supporting character in a MMO world.
    Wouldn't be the first time, WoW has plenty of that...thousands of heroes wielding the one Doomhammer or Ashbringer!

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time, WoW has plenty of that...thousands of heroes wielding the one Doomhammer or Ashbringer!
    Don't even get me started on that giant pie of "what the fuck, lore" -____-

In terms of non-repeatable story content, yeah. Duh. They also figured that out at launch when they ran into the exact same problem, though at least then they could say, "Just play other classes stories!" while now they don't even have that to fall back on.
    To be fair, even WoW has been relearning that lesson for over a decade. :-p

I think the first 9 chapters are at launch, with littler updates later, but we know how THAT works, so little faith there.

The new group (1-4) content thing sounds like WoW's Scenarios, but they didn't really give any details so I'm just guessing.
    Chapter 9 stated that it is the final battle. So unless they are very bad at conveying information(rofl) then 9 is all they have.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just wondering how long BioWare will be able to convince their playerbase that hour long content updates without much else are worth $15 a month every month without relying on holding a "bonus chapter" hostage unless you subscribe through the whole thing. They had a ton of hype built up going into KotFE based on the premise of what they were delivering and the major changes they were making to leveling, the game world, companions, and flashpoints. They're not getting that kind of hype/leeway again now that folks know exactly what they're signing up for.

Well technically speaking the chapters were not the ONLY thing they were giving with the 15$ You get the WHOLE game with that 15$ and the chapter was a nice bonus. Just as they hold the game mechanics hostage from f2Pers the story was also just as much a hostage

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Chapter 9 stated that it is the final battle. So unless they are very bad at conveying information(rofl) then 9 is all they have.
    Right, the main story is the expac, but they're supposed to be doing littler updates later or something. Not sure if they even know the details yet, let alone sharing them.

Right, the main story is the expac, but they're supposed to be doing littler updates later or something. Not sure if they even know the details yet, let alone sharing them.
    MAN I hope so.......

That is so damned little to call an expac but we all know how BW/EA rolls amirite????/

...I would hope to shit they know what they're going to be doing in terms of post-launch patch content and are already working on it...

...I would hope to shit they know what they're going to be doing in terms of post-launch patch content and are already working on it...
    Yeah, I'd hope too, but...

Really, it may just be as simple as lots of irons in the fire but they don't want to say anything until they actually have some idea of when it'll actually make it out or something.

I've given up hope on content with longevity from BioWare. I enjoy the game, and play it now and again, but once I've finished the chapters I'm done. Great story (suspension of disbelief, notwithstanding) but other than that, I'll play another MMO that does that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I've given up hope on content with longevity from BioWare. I enjoy the game, and play it now and again, but once I've finished the chapters I'm done. SNIP...
    Which brings up a question in the coming expansion.

As someone that has ran the chapters, would chapter difficulty levels (Story, Veteran, or Master mode) make you run them more if all they do is offer mobs with more hit Points and doing more damage with more armor and the same rewards and mechanics?

For me that answer is no.

If the rewards/credits etc... are not increased for the difficulty level and all you're doing is running the same mechanics and going after an achievement for the additional time wasted on a story you know the ending to. I can't see myself doing it again.

IT has to be more than just an increase in difficulty.

Sadly they didn't get into any of that much to know if it's worth doing again on another difficulty level but it's a conversation that has came up in our guild.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Which brings up a question in the coming expansion.

As someone that has ran the chapters, would chapter difficulty levels (Story, Veteran, or Master mode) make you run them more if all they do is offer mobs with more hit Points and doing more damage with more armor and the same rewards and mechanics?

For me that answer is no.

If the rewards/credits etc... are not increased for the difficulty level and all you're doing is running the same mechanics and going after an achievement for the additional time wasted on a story you know the ending to. I can't see myself doing it again.

IT has to be more than just an increase in difficulty.

Sadly they didn't get into any of that much to know if it's worth doing again on another difficulty level but it's a conversation that has came up in our guild.
    Definitely don't care for running the story a second time at a higher difficulty. Even if the rewards were greater, what's the point? so I could run the story AGAIN at yet another higher difficulty? There's no need to have high level gear in this game since the end game blows, so once you finish the story there's zero incentive for me to continue playing, except to maybe play it through as another character, but again not because of rewards but just to play the game as a different class with different mechanics and ways of approaching situations.

The datamined spoilers don't fill me with confidence for the future of this game. I won't be surprised if they make this the last expansion.