Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    http://vesselnews.io/glenn-beck-just...career-period/

i understand the hatred from the establishment, but i don't understand the dislike of trump by conservatives.
    Because Trump has little idea of what conservative/GOP values/principles are and has repeatedly shown that through his statements and positions. There's a reason why Pence had to slightly contradict some of his stances during his debate. Not to mention the GOP being the party of "morality" and Trump literally being an amoral, awful human being. Then you have his foreign policy positions (what few there are, none of which he seems to be able to consistently nail. Case in point his arguments for nuclear proliferation) which are so bad that conservative foreign policy experts have abandoned him in droves to either endorse Hillary, who is ironically enough more in-line with their beliefs, or refuse to endorse anyone at all.

Trump is nothing of what the GOP has presented themselves to be the party of for decades. He is however, a fantastic representation of the Freudian id of the GOP as well as the result of what happens when you have nearly a decade of a party without a purpose beyond "Stop Obama!" and one that directly contributes to government dysfunction in that pursuit, pissing off literally everyone including their own supporters in the process.

They may have spent the past 8 years making Hillary into the "Great Satan", but Trump is their Greater Satan and at this point rational conservatives have resigned themselves to back the lesser of two evils. So have a whole lot of Democrats that aren't thrilled with Hillary.

Basically, it's the GOP's fault they're in this position right now. 100%

Edit: And while I've gained a modicum of respect for Beck for his positions against Trump and am thrilled to see him resign, he's still largely a piece of shit that contributed to the current state of affairs in a major way by mainstreaming conspiracy theories through his show on the radio, on Fox News (lol), and now through his site. His skin is in the game and he can't bow out now without being covered by the same filth that covers those he's condemning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except there are tons of allegations suggesting he was completely serious and has done such a thing. Even disregarding the pussy comment, you think it's okay to just start kissing a woman without even waiting as soon as you meet her?
    You really have to wonder. If as a powerful man and host of a TV Show he used his power to kiss women and fondle their genitals, what would he do as the most powerful man in the world? It would be frightening for any female staffer to be alone with him, especially when he invites great company like Roger Ailes. Who would the staffer complain to?
    Black Lives Matter

So in order to be internally consistent, I have to ask: What happened with the allegations that Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick?

I realize that, even if Bill did rape this woman, there will almost certainly never be any evidence that Hillary knew about it, let alone that she actively tried to suppress it through threats etc. Nonetheless, I am now very curious about these allegations. After all, if allegations are good enough to destroy Bill Cosby, why not Bill Clinton?

So, was an (apparently) thorough investigation performed? What did they find out about this woman? Wikipedia suggests a bunch of people saw her with a fat lip and her roomate saw torn pantyhose and that she was very shaken up. Anyone have good sources / details of the investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    After all, if allegations are good enough to destroy Bill Cosby, why not Bill Clinton?
    There are more than allegations against Bill Cosby.

More than a decade after he was first accused of sexual misconduct, Bill Cosby will go to trial.

A Pennsylvania judge found enough evidence during a hearing Tuesday to proceed with a criminal trial.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/24/us/bill-cosby-hearing/

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    So in order to be internally consistent, I have to ask: What happened with the allegations that Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick?

I realize that, even if Bill did rape this woman, there will almost certainly never be any evidence that Hillary knew about it, let alone that she actively tried to suppress it through threats etc. Nonetheless, I am now very curious about these allegations. After all, if allegations are good enough to destroy Bill Cosby, why not Bill Clinton?

So, was an (apparently) thorough investigation performed? What did they find out about this woman? Wikipedia suggests a bunch of people saw her with a fat lip and her roomate saw torn pantyhose and that she was very shaken up. Anyone have good sources / details of the investigation?
    The supposed event happened in 1978. Very hard to find any evidence or testimony that is reliable on a nearly 40 year-old accusation.

It didn't help that Juanita Broaddrick submitted an affidavit during the Paula Jones case claiming that no rape ever happened. She recanted that later, but at this point she has lost any credibility,
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You haven't read the bolded part to the end, did you? See "presumed purity"? Yeah, those wars had nothing to do with it. Xenophobia has completely different roots and is not based on rationale, while those wars were.
    Why, xenophobia pretty much always gets rationalized if asked to! "They are taking our jobs", "they increase crime", "they put extra burden on our social services" and so on, regardless of it being true or false.

And in "Middle East" case you can frame it as desire to see your way of living (American) as the only acceptable way of living. "Democratization" and all that, regardless of those societies being or not being well-equipped to create functioning democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

Debate One: Chris Christie and @GennGreymane both at the debate. Genn posts pics but none of himself.

Debate Two: Chris Christie bails on debate. Genn Greymane here and posting.

COINCIDENCE???

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Obviously going after the "Axes of Evil" in WW2 was also an example of xenophobia, because we valued not being under a world dictator above all else... that and the holocaust, we hated the German culture because they were mindlessly killing people... shame on the allies... and Russia.
    Yes, you can frame it this way. And obviously Germans didn't "mindlessly" kill people - no, they followed certain culture that allowed some categories of people to be killed (races included), as well as "retribution" for past slights. Just as America today allows to drone terrorists (and anyone who happens to be in vicinity).

Cultural clash. Nothing "shameful" about killing people in war though. Sometimes that's the only way to decide which culture should live and which culture should die. "Survival of the fittest" and all that.

They failed, slightly more humane and inclusive cultures (Americans and USSR) won, now it is shameful to be associated with it ("racist!").

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm.

Debate One: Chris Christie and @GennGreymane both at the debate. Genn posts pics but none of himself.

COINCIDENCE???
    CLEARLY CLINTON HAS PARKINSONS!!!!

#deflectionpro

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

COINCIDENCE???
    No one from Jersey would say they are from New York. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    His views explains the Russian excuse of "Russophobia" in the west though, we clearly dislike Putin's authoritarian rule because of our xenophobia
    It shows in inability of many Americans to imagine that Russian people might actually prefer "authoritarian rule" to alternatives :P

(or that immigrants might actually support Trump, despite his anti-illegal-immigration rhetoric!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey check it out, Conway's back. Two tweets, one about how this election's about the future vs the past, one about the SNL skit.

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Suspiciously quiet on other issues. Maybe because Trump's drinking a glass of water?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No one from Jersey would say they are from New York. Checkmate.
    Don't try your "No True Worgen" fallacy with me! WE ARE ON TO YOU

7+ Year Old Account
    It would go to the supreme court, and they would pick the winner again. The GOP would not pass any bill to get him in, they hate him (now, finally), it would probably fall on Obama, or Ryan...
    Losing the EC means you lose, period. Clinton would be president. Winning the popular vote means fck-all unless you also win the EC.

Reading the Constitution is pretty ez.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey check it out, Conway's back. Two tweets, one about how this election's about the future vs the past, one about the SNL skit.

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Suspiciously quiet on other issues. Maybe because Trump's drinking a glass of water?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't try your "No True Worgen" fallacy with me! WE ARE ON TO YOU
    You know nothing!

Hmm.

COINCIDENCE???
    i have seen genn before, many moons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Losing the EC means you lose, period. Clinton would be president. Winning the popular vote means fck-all unless you also win the EC.

Reading the Constitution is pretty ez.
    Oh I'm not saying there would be legal consequences, apart from the frivolous suits (which we all know Trump has a penchant for). I meant more politically. If a large number of angry Trump supporters who only pay lip service to the constitution started calling into question the legitimacy of the EC, it would be a pretty awkward time.

poll numbers
    you won't see the full impact of friday's video until later this week at the earliest. the numbers will also get screwed with by the debate tonight.

but this doesn't matter very much. AZ is on the verge of moving to Clinton and Iowa already is. if things continue this way she's over 350 ec. national poll doesn't make a difference.

now imagine if all the other production companies dig up and leak Trump's stuff from their shows and the apprentice

I would hardly call Stalin, who killed a bunch of Jews as well, and had a tenuous agreement with Hitler (before he was betrayed) a good guy/humane but that's just me.

As for phobia it denotes an irrational fear. Fear of a culture that harms (its own) people violently is not irrational.
    Hmm, checked wiki definition again, nothing about "irrational" there. Nope, rational fears are still xenophobia.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Christie is back in New Jersey, Conway is hiding, and Pence is watching a football game.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for this exchange at the debate:
    Trump: "How can you stand by Bill Clinton after his behavior?"
    Clinton: "Good question. Melania? You want to take this one?"

I would hardly call Stalin, who killed a bunch of Jews as well, and had a tenuous agreement with Hitler (before he was betrayed) a good guy/humane but that's just me.
    Notice "slightly". Britain also had "tenuous agreement" with Hitler before USSR (remember "Peace in our time"?).

USSR was still more inclusive then Nazi Germany. And America at the time had segregation.