Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I don't see it as a threat. More of them reminding the Vanilla community that Nost is still alive, and will serve their needs if Blizz won't.
    An ultimatum then. Doesn't matter how people try and spin if you say "if these people don't do something then rest assured we will" it is a threat. Not like "do legacy or get ddosed" or crap like that but still a thinly veiled threat/ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Even though its illegal, what a bunch of fucking scumbags after blizzard let them visit.
    What choice do they/we (we as in people who still want to play Vanilla) have?

I'm not disagreeing that the vanilla community is still there either. Just that Nost decided to be a bit silly about it.

- - - Updated - - -

What choice do they/we (we as in people who still want to play Vanilla) have?
    Other servers and they can wait till Blizzcon at least before posting crap like that. It's less than a month away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm not disagreeing that the vanilla community is still there either. Just that Nost decided to be a bit silly about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Other servers and they can wait till Blizzcon at least before posting crap like that. It's less than a month away.
    I've tried every other Vanilla server. I find them to be inferior to Nostalrius.

I've tried every other Vanilla server. I find them to be inferior to Nostalrius.
    Well then like I said wait till Blizzcon. Issuing threats/ultimatums is not going to help them in the long run especially after this company were willing to listen to them instead of just shutting them down and then ignoring them.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well if it was flying mounts fault why is there none now?
    And plz I played this game when BGs came out. I know that's when wpvp died. Not when flying mounts came out. Everyone went to the Battlegrounds to get their titles sitting there waiting on their que.
    Bearing in mind I stopped a week into WoD, back then it was because garrisons pretty much ensured you'd never need to go to the outside world. As for now, the game probably still has instant queues from anywhere in the world right? That, factor in things like faction swaps that leave servers lop sided as well. Who knows maybe I'm wrong and retail is bursting with world pvp right now, is it? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree here, none of them are close to Nostalrius. It's a simple template.... make the server blizz like and stick to it. Yet we see so many manage to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Bearing in mind I stopped a week into WoD, back then it was because garrisons pretty much ensured you'd never need to go to the outside world. As for now, the game probably still has instant queues from anywhere in the world right? That, factor in things like faction swaps that leave servers lop sided as well. Who knows maybe I'm wrong and retail is bursting with world pvp right now, is it? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree here, none of them are close to Nostalrius. It's a simple template.... make the server blizz like and stick to it. Yet we see so many manage to screw it up.
    Yeah ones that do instant 60, level 255, GM stuff are just moronic imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thanks for sharing your inside knowledge of the inner workings of both Blizzard and Nostalrius. Does your dad work for both of them?
    You missed the part where I said, "This is how my imagination is seeing this" It's a pure guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Yeah, you know, when the game's popularity was at its highest and all...
    WOTLK wasn't all good. Only Ulduar and Ice Crown were actual raids. Naxx was a recreation and Colosseum wasn't a raid so much as a boss conveyor belt. It wasn't bad but it did have its flaws. Ulduar was so awesome that lots of people overlook that we were only giving a couple of new raids to the game. We were suppose to get a troll raid but that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Even though its illegal, what a bunch of fucking scumbags after blizzard let them visit.
    Nothing wrong to put a little pressure on them. After all its Blizzard we are talking about, we would get grey hair before them coming up with something more than a maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Funny I thought it was named World of Warcraft:Vanilla. But regardless its the same game. And that's how online games are when they are updated.

Like another post said Nost and "vanilla" wouldn't be the same game with how you are defining it. They play totally different with some mobs having their hp guessed and such.
    It's the same game just as you are the same person you were at 2years old. 2 years old you is called the same as you, is still technically "you", but is a vastly different human being.

The differences between Vanilla and current WoW aren't just some mobs having different hp, but multiple changes to the core philosophy, gameplay, player power, progression, difficulty/learning curve and multiple features/systems that affect not only the gameplay but the social part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No it doesn't. Vanilla and Legion play the same way in 99% of situations. You quest to level, you do dungeons, you get to max level, do dungeons, farm for necessities and raid (Unless you're a pvper)
    "All games are the same, you press buttons and stuff happens on the screen."

If there was no difference, changes wouldn't be made, they would just add more content without changing anything when it comes to gameplay and systems.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-09 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Damn people on this server must be bored as hell all sitting in Og instead of being out in the world
    They are there because they are waiting for someone with the head of Onyxia to "pop" it, which would cause them to receive the "Dragonslayer buff", a very strong Vanilla buff.

Upon receiving the buff, they would start traveling towards their respective raid, either Molten Core or Blackwing Lair.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    They are there because they are waiting for someone with the head of Onyxia to "pop" it, which would cause them to receive the "Dragonslayer buff", a very strong Vanilla buff.

Upon receiving the buff, they would start traveling towards their respective raid, either Molten Core or Blackwing Lair.
    And that doesn't sound inconvenient whatsoever? Having to wait for a singular buff to pop just to go raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    WOTLK wasn't all good. Only Ulduar and Ice Crown were actual raids. Naxx was a recreation and Colosseum wasn't a raid so much as a boss conveyor belt. It wasn't bad but it did have its flaws. Ulduar was so awesome that lots of people overlook that we were only giving a couple of new raids to the game. We were suppose to get a troll raid but that never happened.
    I think the zones made up for a lot of the flaws. Northrend is still my favorite continent. I still like TBC better though.

so is nostalrius going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    so is nostalrius going to happen?
    Sure. If they set up this time somewhere where a Cease and Desist cannot touch them. Otherwise just nothing. If they think Blizzard are gonna budge because they issued a threat/ultimatum then they are gonna be in for a surprise.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-09 at 11:36 PM.

And that doesn't sound inconvenient whatsoever? Having to wait for a singular buff to pop just to go raid?
    What? I think you don't know how the ony buff works.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    What? I think you don't know how the ony buff works.
    Gives you a shit ton of crit and attack power. I remember people still turning it when I started playing in Wrath and wondering why the hell I was questing way easier than usual.

Its not mandatory

Gives you a shit ton of crit and attack power. I remember people still turning it when I started playing in Wrath and wondering why the hell I was questing way easier than usual.
    Then why are you acting like people are waiting for it? They aren't waiting for the buff, they're waiting for the rest of the raid to log on and get to org because they wanna make sure nobody misses the buff. It's no different than waiting for the rest of your raid group to log on and go to the entrance of a raid.

Sure. If they set up this time somewhere where a Cease and Desist cannot touch them. Otherwise just nothing. If they think Blizzard are gonna budge because they issued a threat/ultimatum then they are gonna be in for a surprise.
    There was a breakthrough announcement that they sold 200 T-shirts. That's gotta mean something!