Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As long as ANL gets crushed in the quarters, everything will be right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Rox got outplayed super hard, mechanically as well as macro. The wildcard teams are definitely better, but the top teams arent as good as previous years top teams imo.
    I think it is a little bit of both to be honest. Remember though, all these teams have been playing boX series' but the group stage is only bo1 for some stupid reason.

Deleted
    We all knew the EU teams were gonna suck real hard. Though I'm really surprised H2K got first in their groups.

Ohh and so much for the TSM hype this year. Holy crap. Good job winning one lane when the other lanes are feeding their ass off.

Unless ROX Tigers and SKT get the into the same bracket it will be a Tigers vs SKT final again.

My worlds can't really fail anymore. A wildcard team got through groups. That's all I really wanted.

TSM played like crap. oh well. If C9 can't make it out, im done watching worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Midory View Post
    We all knew the EU teams were gonna suck real hard. Though I'm really surprised H2K got first in their groups.

Ohh and so much for the TSM hype this year. Holy crap. Good job winning one lane when the other lanes are feeding their ass off.

Unless ROX Tigers and SKT get the into the same bracket it will be a Tigers vs SKT final again.

My worlds can't really fail anymore. A wildcard team got through groups. That's all I really wanted.
    TSM had the group of death while H2K had arguably the easiest group of the tournament. Put TSM in any other group and they would have gotten out, so there is that. Group D was the group where everyone said either TSM/SSG/RNG could all make it out, and one of them had to go home. Meanwhile, H2K beats INTZ and AHQ for their spot.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-10-09 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    TSM had the group of death while H2K had arguably the easiest group of the tournament. Put TSM in any other group and they would have gotten out, so there is that. Group D was the group where everyone said either TSM/SSG/RNG could all make it out, and one of them had to go home. Meanwhile, H2K beats INTZ and AHQ for their spot.
    EDG were ranked 2nd favourites for this tournament. SSG are nowhere near as good as any of the other korean teams, and frankly shouldnt even be as good as any of the other regions top teams, how teams lose to them is beyond me. TSM apparently can't pick/ban to save their lives (taking Lucian/Braum into that lane and comp???) and RNG had one of the worst picks I have ever seen in that second game vs SSG.

I mean lets be honest no team looks great right now, ROX have one of the worst early games ever seen and any team that can abuse that comfortably and keep it together in the late game is going to roll all over them, as AN proved. SKT1 can still shape up, if they stop messing around with stupid subs, I expect them to take the whole thing tbh.

Also as to H2K they probably have hands down the best ADC in this tournament right now, he died once during week two and is frankly blowing all lane opponents out the water, Deft looked like a nobody in comparison. I still can't get over how good that trap>ulti on Ekko was at the end of the RNG game. I mean it was so good it looked like a mistake at first, but FML that is some calm headed sick play right there.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2016-10-09 at 05:14 PM.

A, I don’t know if they actually would get out every other group. SKT, ANX, IMAY, RNG, SSG, H2K, and AHQ might all have beaten them if they drew them. Not saying for certain some of those would have but all things considering I don’t think it is beyond belief. They definitely aren’t some juggernaut they were hyped to be. Sure a INTZ/Splyce/RNG draw would almost certainly see them going on but that doesn't mean much.

But moving on to B, who would care if they got an easier group. They clearly aren’t a top tier team. If SSG and RNG are better than them, and we can estimate that means 3 other teams are as well which means they are at best top 6. And really with how others are playing (Have to see the final day of groups) they might not even really be top 8 at Worlds, let alone actually in the world (Since I assume KT and maybe even the 5th team in Korea could beat them). So yea, even if they got through what good does it do.

Worlds is pretty garbage until basically the end at accurately showcasing who is the real deal, but even so their level of play and strategy tells me they really aren’t capable of competing with top teams right now so even with a better format I think they still would have ultimately fallen out and showed their level of play anyways.

Deleted
    TSM was hyped to be better then both SSG and RNG and was predicited by most to be the number one seed in group D. They choked. There is nothing else to be said about it. TSM deserved to be in 3th spot.

And H2k? I never expected them to do anything in this group. I expected EDG and AHQ to get the first and second seed with ease. but H2k showed up and dominated the laning phase. You can argue that EDG and AHQ weren't playing on their respective level but give H2K some credit here.

I get that you're a TSM fan and want to defend them but be realistic. Even though a SSG/RNG draw is rough. RNG lost to Splyce for godsake, and SSG is nowhere near the level of SKT1K or ROX Tigers. If TSM were as good as they were made out to be they should beat both these teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. This is full on, pure, unadulterated bullshit.

TSM had to face a third seed Korean team, second seed Chinese team and a rookie EU team who were 2nd place for the summer split. If they can't beat those, they have no business getting past the group stage. They had a shitty easy group and they fucked it up. Doublelift played like shit. Biofrost played like the rookie he was. Hauntzer was exposed and Bjergsen went back to being team Solo Mid and having to carry on his own.

H2K had to face EDG, arguably one of the favourites to appear in the finals. Ahq consistently has made it to the World Championship the last years and consistently showed up. Intz, sure, no one was expecting anything from them.

You're being a salty TSM fanboi and it's exactly because of this type of behaviour that people have come to despise TSM and their fans.

I think it's crazy how much alistar is dominating world's so far, yet none of the teams seem to be prioritizing him.

also, holy fuck, so many bad ezreal picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell View Post
    hmm? but wild cards aren't weak
    Nope, but all of these predictions are made before the games are actually played. You can't go "TSM favourites! Top 4 easy! First in group easy! Anything lower than 4th is a disappointment" and then complain that your group was hard. It doesn't work that way. Particularly not when you undeniably got one of the weakest groups to begin with.

TSM legends is more entertaining than the matches anyway.

c9 loses to samsung in game 2 fighting for scuttle crab at 22 minutes, it's like c9 is playing the bronze game.

10+ Year Old Account
    NA gone. Don't care.

Time for more SKT skins in 2017.

I think NA players should go back to streaming on Twitch all day and making dank memes.

Who cares about practicing 14 hours a day when TSM still can't get out of groups.

Don't even need to bootcamp in Korea, just play WoW all day and get out of groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    ROX vs. SKT was one of the best series in the history of LoL.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

It was soooooo good. Some great GREAT Ashe play, MF support reading the meta so well, Faker putting on his dancing shoes. The right hand of God coming in to save the day, and doing it on his first ever professional game on Nidalee, due to a mistake in the P/B by kkoma. Man what a series.

SSG v H2K went about as expected though. SSG with the Korean special: Kind of close the first game, pick up the pace in game 2 then destroy them in game 3. Jankos played his heart out though, and Ryu totally shit the bed. Forg1ven on Sivir is such a let down too.

lmao they cant kill trundle at all

- - - Updated - - -

one of the craziest games ive ever seen that Game 3

fucking SKT making some wildcard mistakes

SKT were sandbagging to make their game 5 win even more epic, and to give false hope to the rest of the world that they can beat them.

But really SSG, did look good games 3 and 4. But I feel at least game 3 might have had SKT been slacking a bit where they might have been able to end in 3. Game 5 was pretty great, I dont quite see this series as good as ROX vs SKT, but SSG proved they really are a truly top tier team right now.

Also, top .014% in pick'ems. Never ride the TSM hype train
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-10-30 at 05:39 AM.