Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Survival have been a tank spec?

Just a thought that I had in my head while I was bored at work, which made think that Blizzard missed a good opportunity to make
    one of the Mail Specs a Tank. Just thinking about the fantasy of Survival plus having it be Melee now, it could've potentially fit as a Tank.
    Possibly doing things like, placing traps/setting down traps to do things like reducing the bosses damage or syncing with their pets which grants
    them an ability based off of their Pets Specialization

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    plus they could've added ALL the aspects back like the monkey(dodge), viper (recuperate), hawk(parry/expertise), nature(resist, thougness). too bad it wont happen, because of the retarded and incompetent dev's.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I told you months before Legion Survival should've been a spear+shield tank spec. What we call Survival is a rogue subspec without survival cooldowns. It's ironic at best

Deleted
    Was actually thinking the same thing the other day. I'd love to see some form of hunter tank using melee abilities and pets.

I'd like it, yes.

Survival aka in the wild you set up traps and shit and you hunt with what you find (here a spear). Aka what we have now.

not survival as in "i'm a superhero i never die"

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    I told you months before Legion Survival should've been a spear+shield tank spec. What we call Survival is a rogue subspec without survival cooldowns. It's ironic at best
    It's ironic that you believe "survival" is meant as "surviving lots of damage".

I was just talking about this the other day...this was a HUGE missed opportunity by Blizzard. There was zero need for another melee dps spec in the game, but you can never have enough tanks. It would have been nice to have some extra utility for the Hunter class.

Deleted
    No, survival doesn't mean surviving a lot of damage. In terms of mechanics it could work, with traps reducing boss damage and whatnot, but in terms of class fantasy, not so much.

Survival is fine as a DPS spec, it simply should've been a better made DPS spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still prefer the old dot-heavy and mobile spec

People been saying for years that "all loot is hunter loot". Lets not make that actually happen please ;_;

Would certainly be a lot more desirable than the 13th-best melee DPS spec.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Would certainly be a lot more desirable than the 13th-best melee DPS spec.
    13th in terms of damage, but numbers change constantly, that's not a way to evaluate a new spec. It's by far one of the best in terms of fun factor, aside from the bizarre survivability issues, which hopefully they address.

I'd rather have seen them change BM into a tanking spec, Surv as melee and MM ranged. BM could be a ranged tank, using two pets, so you can tank swap with one spec by just misdirecting between pets. That's some pretty sick utility right there.

I actually think this is a neat idea. A tank class with a spear and shield (or just spear) with a pet.

I would probably be okay with losing a ranged spec for it.

Or left my favorite spec as was... I freaking always loved survival, and now I am basically forced into marksman. I hate BM for raids always have and don't like melee hunters, seems off-putting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Survival aka in the wild you set up traps and shit and you hunt with what you find (here a spear). Aka what we have now.

not survival as in "i'm a superhero i never die"
    Pretty much this. We have enough tank specs as it is, and each new one makes the others a little less unique.

I'd rather warriors and paladins simply be allowed to wield a shield + spear/polearm (you know, like EVERY female Vrykul in Stormheim lol) rather than tack a tank spec onto a class that has nothing to do with tanking.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

This would have made so much more sense. No one needed another melee DD, and just considering the current numbers practically no one wants to play his hunter as melee.
    But adding a second role would have added some flavour to the class, and even if only a tiny percentage would use it it could help alleviate queue time issues (although right now healers seem to be in higher demand even for 5 player dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Or left my favorite spec as was... I freaking always loved survival, and now I am basically forced into marksman. I hate BM for raids always have and don't like melee hunters, seems off-putting
    seriously.

the only thing survival needed was to go back to how it was in MoP.

fucking tank spec give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Pretty much this. We have enough tank specs as it is, and each new one makes the others a little less unique.

I'd rather warriors and paladins simply be allowed to wield a shield + spear/polearm (you know, like EVERY female Vrykul in Stormheim lol) rather than tack a tank spec onto a class that has nothing to do with tanking.
    Rationally speaking... in a logic manner... how are there "enough tank specs as it is" when people who queue for stuff are always waiting for tanks to fill their groups?

The only way you can think that is if you play a tank and you enjoy the exceptional rarity status. But that's not good for the game.