Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I guess the key question from my perspective is: why do so many people insist on staying DPS when they have to know that their likelihood of progressing is absurdly low?

I played a dps as my first ever toon, at the end of wrath. Getting into dungeons sucked, it took forever. Getting into raids sucked. I joined a guild, they put me on their 2nd raid group, then when we progressed well and the first group fell apart, the officers from the first group kicked me from the raid.

So I leveled a warrior tank. Then a discipline priest. Then a guardian/resto druid. Then a blood dk. Then a brewmaster/mistweaver. I've basically never played a dps spec since, and every day, I can log in and know I can get into as many raids/dungeons as I want, spending maybe 5 minutes looking for a group. It's great. Why don't more people try to make the switch?
    story of my wow life, lol. Played a rogue until late TBC, could not get into any guild on my previous server, everyone had 2 rogues already. So i leveled a druid and im playing it up to this day. Not every dps can respec to tank/healer, I undestand that (mages, rogues, warlocks, hunters, yeah, just 4 classes out of 12...) but others will say "but I like this class and I want to play it"...which is fine, kind of special snowflake though, you want to play X class and whole world should bow to you...well the result is this whole thread. Obviously we have too many of these people, I say let them suffer, its their choice. Meanwhile I will enjoy my instant mythic qeues

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ww monk and absolutely DH aren't having trouble getting in groups, same for hunters. I could see it maybe being a slight problem for some of the really bad rep classes like lock, ret pally, ele shammy, or maybe balance druid I guess. That's where Blizz needs to take a look at the numbers of classes running mythics and buff them accordingly, so that the perception for groups isn't that they are being gimped taking a lock or a ele shammy for example. But I don't think it's as widespread a problem across classes/specs as it's been described in some of the posts. It's more of a problem with those classes that really do have a bad rep. But ww monk and definitely DH have been in plenty of groups I've been in, and enh shammy. If you're a 850 ww monk or havoc dh and not getting in regular (not +) mythics you must be doing something wrong. + are a different story just because people are super-picky there with every slot. At 850 standard mythics are basically a faceroll for any class combination.

Deleted
    communicate. join a guild. make friends. add people to your friendlist. this is how a mmo should work...
    This will make your gaming experience much more fun in several ways.

I know almost nobody who does pugs anymore...besides farming lower mythic+ or something. There is just no reason to, if you got buddies
    who won't go afk in the middle of a dungeon, raidquit, do poor dps, fail to interrupt, pull 3 trash groups with barrage...etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by nurden View Post
    being a 870 ilvl demon hunter i never had problems with finding a grp. (and ye i do 500+ overall dps so people usually btag add me and /w if they need dps)
    "I outgear dungeons and play a class that was designed to crush dungeons."

Deleted
    Sadly, there's a tremendous glut of DPS wanting to engage in Mythics and not even vaguely enough healers/tanks willing to accommodate them. Thus by the law of Supply/demand, the less attractive DPS will be overlooked when groups are formed as a given.

The only way for Blizzard to actually incentivize tank/healer queuing in the LFG system is to introduce some manner of call-to-arms for pugs, and even then you'll never be able to get a tank and healer for every 3 dps looking for Mythics.

Get a guild, it's the only real solution unless you are willing to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    Get a guild, it's the only real solution unless you are willing to be patient.
    That's not a solution. Guilds have too many DPS also.

The solution to the problem is more healers and tanks. Suck it up and roll one. Oh but "I don't not wanna!". Well, have fun with your long queue because it doesn't take much math to work this out.

1000 DPS
    100 tanks
    100 healers

5 people in a group, 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS.

That's 100 groups servicing 300 DPS leaving 700 DPS without a group.

The only solution is more healers and tanks, so fix your own problem DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    What difference does it make? Just say right now we have...

100 tanks.
    100 healers.
    5000 DPS.

Queue or no queue, 4700 DPS are going to be short of luck because no tank/healer is going to rerun PuG content for no loot.

Only real solution is incentivizing hybrids to do more than just DPS. I've only sympathy for pure DPS classes, honestly. If you play a class with a tank/heal OS & complain about dungeon queues, well, it's your own damned fault.

Blizzard have never said that should be the case in regards to not taking a tank/healer...
    If it's in LFD, you're guaranteed to eventually get a group, eventually, no matter what. Even if you have to wait, and being in LFD, the other roles can have the CTA bonus for them joining them.

Like, man, there's no more incentive for those people to run heroics, either, in LFD, and they sure as hell do it.

Just slap on an even higher amount of daily AP than Heroics give, and there you go.

1. Be a fire mage
    3. Profit

Seriously though. Make your own group. For normal mythics it's actually really fast, even if it might take a few minutes to get healer and tank. It's still way faster than applying to groups yourself.

I have the same problem. I'm a 851 ilvl hunter but pull more dps than a lot of other 860 ilvl players. I could probably be 860 ilvl, but I often keep lower ilevel pieces (especially necks/rings) just because they have better stats and thus are better for me.

I think pug leaders just chose to highest ilvl, and there's so many dps to chose from that it's not surprising I'm not chosen often. I can't blame them for choosing the highest ilvl I'd probably do the same.

Are you still able to get upgrades from mythic dungeons? If yes, your Ilvl is too low.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm going to say this and please believe it to be the truth.

Find

An

Active

Guild.

That is the key for surviving as a dps, and its even a good thing!

It doesnt have to be a raid guild, but many raid guilds allow socials anyway.

Within a guild start talking to peopel and try starting out by finding a healer or a tank you like, and then basicly stick to them like glue.

If a tank or a healer remembers you as a good dps, they will whisper you before anyone else in the guild about dungeon groups.
    Yes this now days is the only way now days unfortunately.. Although for me I have been rather fortunate to get my 848 enhancement shaman into a few groups, and may have a spot in one group for more mythics on a permanent basis.. The interesting thing is most of the groups I have been able to get in on have been on servers in my battlegroup, which says a lot..

As a tank, perhaps I can give some DPS advice on forming their own group...

Set a minimum iLvl that is realistic for the content you're doing.

When I see a "Mythic +4 Run! Good group!" that has 3 DPS in it and no minimum iLvl set or a "Min iLvl 820" set, I keep scrolling. This says to me that the leader is likely undergeared and is looking for a carry. When healers and tanks can pick and choose, we aren't going to be jumping into a group where it looks like we're going to struggle right off the bat. If we think there's ATLEAST some reasonable barrier to entry to weed out the people who just won't have the gear to put out the numbers (Note: undergeared players aren't bad, but higher Mythics strictly have higher gear requirements) we're much more likely to hop into a group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr1n1ty View Post
    get
    a
    guild
    Im a healer so take this with a grain of salt but all of the 200+ successful 3 chest runs I have completed were pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    I could probably be 860 ilvl, but I often keep lower ilevel pieces (especially necks/rings) just because they have better stats and thus are better for me.
    Err... Unless it's a Ring/Neck, higher iLvl is *almost* always strictly better, because the agility is higher and agility is your best stat. The only cases where this might not be true is a 5 iLvl difference where the higher item has your 2 worst secondary stats and the lower item has your 2 best.

Most people who use the 'But the secondary stats are better!' argument almost entirely ignores the primary stat (Agi/Int/Stat) upgrade, which is very relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Nvm the groups who're like "link legendary for invite" "boost group, your key lel" and there's like 10 boost groups, and all other groups are single dps's searching...looking at you MoS.../glare

I once saw a Myth+2 wanting 860+ ilvl to join. For a +2. I almost cracked my head on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lotuws View Post
    1. Be a fire mage
    3. Profit

Seriously though. Make your own group. For normal mythics it's actually really fast, even if it might take a few minutes to get healer and tank. It's still way faster than applying to groups yourself.
    Yeah, that works for the first 2 days of gearing, after that you need the more reliable upgrades from myth+. GL getting near that unless you have a legendary or a good key people will boost you for.

What I think happens is groups are looking for dps and they get bombarded with applications. I see groups up for thirty seconds and they find a dps. So unfortunately the numbers don't lie. DPS are literally a dime a dozen, so you do have to get lucky with lfg

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    As a healer ive been able to get 10+ dps signing up within minutes, so you have some tough competition to deal with. Personally i wouldnt (blame blizzard for their lack of stuns and interupts) prioritize a balance druid for mythics, though some classes can get away with it by being easier to heal (warlock or mage), having a lot of dps (most melee classes) or just fitting the group composition. As a resto shaman i love 3 melee dps, and i would assume for most groups a combat ress would be helpfull, albeit not a very high priority. One thing i noticed is that people without me asking would start to link the keystone something achievement for their highest mythic+ cleared. Im not sure if you have it, but it might be worth linking to groups just to increase your chances. General trust in pugs is also very low, ive ran multiple groups literally asking for interupts in the title and description and yet monks or death knights wouldnt even be able to use a single interupt during an entire instance. This causes me to often pick the highest iLvl available since at least it makes up a bit for poor expected play. Another tip if youre looking to improve your chances to get invited as a dps is to clear the highest proving grounds you can on your main spec and off specs as a sign of skill and effort into your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    make your own group and find a guild. This advice is as unintelligent and void as can be. Why embarass yourselves by parroting this idiocy?
    So to solve the problem is to not make your own group or not to join a guild. That sounds pretty stupid. Especially when making your own group is the only way you can do content if you are always getting declined.

So imagine this.

Apply to groups. Never get in. Content done? 0.
    Make own group. Spend two hours a day looking for more. Make a group only once in the week (cause you're super unlucky). Content done? 1 dungeon.

I have bolded the results so you can examine them. Tell me what is more embarrassing. Parroting or being wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Err... Unless it's a Ring/Neck, higher iLvl is *almost* always strictly better, because the agility is higher and agility is your best stat. The only cases where this might not be true is a 5 iLvl difference where the higher item has your 2 worst secondary stats and the lower item has your 2 best.

Most people who use the 'But the secondary stats are better!' argument almost entirely ignores the primary stat (Agi/Int/Stat) upgrade, which is very relevant.
    Yeah I meant mostly for neck/rings. And as an MM hunter mastery is actually better than agi. For example a 835 low haste/big mastery chest could be better than a 840 or 845 chest with awful stats like versa/crit. But yeah generally higher ilvl is better, but it's not always the case. I could be higher ilvl if it wasn't for that.

For example I have a 835 neck with huge amount of mastery on it and a bit of haste (ideal stats), and it's better than anything else I've seen drop so far, even 850 stuff.