Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Smoldering Ember Wyrm Mount, Blade's Edge Arena Update, Build of the Month, DLC #555

BlizzCon: Diablo's 20th Anniversary Party, David Brevik & Bill Roper at Blizz HQ

HCT 2016 Asia-Pacific Last Call Begins Monday - Decks, Brackets, & Info!

Samuro the Blademaster is the Next Hero to Enter the Nexus

Overwatch Halloween Event is Coming, Developer Update with Jeff Kaplan: New Maps, New Heroes, Symmetra

Patch 7.1 - Smoldering Ember Wyrm
    The Smoldering Ember Wyrm mount is being added in Patch 7.1. Currently the source is listed as the Return to Karazhan dungeon.

Blade's Edge Arena Update
    Patch 7.1 is updating Nagrand Arena and it looks like a future patch will update Blade's Edge Arena! This is just an update to the visuals, leaving gameplay the same.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World Bosses
    When Isle of Watchers was first made, we populated it with temp-named elite NPCs to see what would look good living there (Muffinus)
    The withered NPC was, of course, Withered Jim. Maybe 10 of them were spawned in a clump (again, very temp) outside of the entrance to VotW (Muffinus)
    We started seeing data, in beta, that Jim was one of the deadliest NPCs, killing thousands of players (Muffinus)
    Players exiting the dungeon, or players entering it for the quest, no one could escape the wrath of 10 Jims with massive damage mods (Muffinus)
    I'm so glad he lives on, one of the wackier world bosses the encounter guys have made (Muffinus)
    ... Yeah, no offense, but the fight wasn't very enjoyable. Two of my friends are downright angry.
    many hotfixes are going in! handling it! (Muffinus)

BlizzCon
    Doing a panel at Blizzcon this year Design retrospective on pre-launch, Broken Shore, WQs and the future. Anything you want answered? (Muffinus)
    And what warrants faster deployment of a hotfix. Like "o shi yeah this is broken, fix it ASAP" compared to "that can wait a bit"
    Withered J'im has had 3-5 hotfixes today (Muffinus)

Totes this. Events that bring the realm(s) together are awesome.
    .100 players flying out to defend Azeroth from Demons was perhaps the most best thing ever. (Muffinus)

Build of the Month
    Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

All of the parts on this page are Amazon affiliate links. When you purchase your parts through them it helps support the site!

This month
    The current SSD prices are fairly flat right now, with most SSDs under $0.50 per gigabyte when on sale.

Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 6700K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals

Narwhal

MonitorDell U2414H Monitor$210
    KeyboardLogitech G710+$158
    MouseLogitech G502$61
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1$53

Unicorn

MonitorDell U2715H$458
    KeyboardCorsair K70$120
    MouseRazer Naga 2014$70
    SpeakersLogitech Z523$88

Puppy and Dolphin
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.

Puppy

Updated October 9, 2016
    $535
    CaseNZXT Source 210$47
    Power SupplyEVGA 600B$50
    CPUAMD FX-6300$100
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$27
    MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2.0$70
    Memory8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600$40
    Graphics CardGigabyte RX 460$110
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 1TB$69
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW$22

Dolphin

Updated October 9, 2016
    $739
    CaseNZXT Source 210$47
    Power SupplyEVGA 600B$50
    CPUAMD FX-8350$150
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$27
    MotherboardASUS M5A99FX PRO$127
    Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600$47
    Graphics CardRX 480 / GTX 1060 3GB$205 / $200
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 1TB$69

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.

Narwhal

Updated October 9, 2016
    $1182
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912$54
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W$100
    CPUIntel 6600K$238
    HeatsinkScythe Mugen 4$56
    MotherboardASUS Z170-A$160
    Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4$89
    Graphics CardGTX 1060$270
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 2TB$123
    SSDCrucial BX200 250GB OR
    Samsung Evo 850 250GB
    $70
    $108

Unicorn

Updated October 9, 2016
    $1327
    CaseCorsair Air 540$120
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W$100
    CPUIntel 6600K$238
    HeatsinkNoctua 6 NH-D15$88
    MotherboardASUS Z170-A$160
    Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4$89
    Graphics CardGTX 1060 OR
    GTX 1070
    $270
    $400
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 2TB$123
    SSDSanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB OR
    SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB
    $117
    $120

Dark Legacy Comics #555
    DLC #555 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-10-09 at 10:51 PM.

Build of the month just in time 8-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Really starting to wonder what Holinka actually does all day.... PvP barely gets updated, class balance down the shitter, CC everywhere, no new BG's in Legion with only a few new maps and 1 recycled map for Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    Really starting to wonder what Holinka actually does all day.... PvP barely gets updated, class balance down the shitter, CC everywhere, no new BG's in Legion with only a few new maps and 1 recycled map for Arena.
    I wonder if he actually PvP's at all.

Why are you still suggesting AM3 FX-6300? It's a dead platform that loses badly to Skylake i3.
    This build has considerably superior performance compared to Puppy and has upgrade path:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jpPFPs
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jpPFPs/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($37.50 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.49 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card ($204.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($51.43 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $536.36
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-09 19:06 EDT-0400
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-10-09 at 11:08 PM.

i feel like gigz has been in alot of comics recently, out of the last 8 comics, gigz has been in 6... and the main focus of 5 of those

Deleted
    Is it just me or does it seem that it would be really weird for them to be adding a new Dragon flying mount into 7.1 unless Legion flying was coming either at the patch or shortly thereafter?

"Two of my friends are downright angry."

Wow. So hardcore. They are... downright angy? Thats heavy.

I feel your pain Gigz.

New boss: Withered Nomi.

Quote Originally Posted by Literaltruth View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem that it would be really weird for them to be adding a new Dragon flying mount into 7.1 unless Legion flying was coming either at the patch or shortly thereafter?
    Doubt it. Didn't they add new flying mounts to the store during WoD well before they even announced you could fly in the last patch after doing pathfinder? I think but am not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Literaltruth View Post
    If you haven't noticed, Legion shipped with Hippogryff mounts.

Which can fly.

They can add flying mounts even if Broken Isles flying is still far off.

something happening with pvp?

let me know when i can play as elemental.

until then FUCK OFF NO-ONE CARES.

lmoa that nomi commic :| exaclty how i feel ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    something happening with pvp?

let me know when i can play as elemental.

until then FUCK OFF NO-ONE CARES.
    L2P /10char
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    L2P /10char
    Yes because it's the players fault the class is tuned really shitty for PvP. Ele has been trash in PvP for a long ass time. Holinka and his team have zero clue how PvP actually works.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-10 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    L2P /10char
    go do some pvp as ele, hope you got the cure for cancer or RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes because it's the players fault the class is tuned really shitty for PvP. Ele has been trash in PvP for a long ass time. Holinka and his team have zero clue how PvP actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    go do some pvp as ele, hope you got the cure for cancer or RIP.
    I played Elemental on the beta. Control of Lava gives you some of the highest burst in the game, and Swelling Waves gives you THE highest off healing of any caster. On top of having more utility and mobility than Elemental ever had. The only problem I can see Elemental having is their lack of consistent damage, but they already have just about everything else.

I stand by my previous statement. L2P
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

OMG this mount is awesome I want it

Always good info as to what is considered nice PC gear. However, I keep on falling over the sound suggestions. Not for the Puppy & Dolphin range, rather for the Narwhal & Unicorn setups. You are spending $1100-$1400 on a system with mediocre sound. I believe if you can justify to spend over $400 on a screen, you should also think about spending some money on a nice sound setup.
    Think along the lines of $80-100 per speaker and $150-200 for a subwoofer should you want one. The before and after will be a huge difference and immersion while playing games will go the a whole new level. Another plus is that a good sound system can last for a long time.