Question How to get the most out of momentum?

Are there any guides out there which specifically show proper/perfect use of Momentum? I'm having trouble staying in melee range using this talent, especially the retreat. Thanks!
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

Deleted
    There isn't really right and wrong time to use it. Use it when you have it or save it for when you need it. You cant have a 100% uptime.

Retreat - Eye Beam - Dash back
    Retreat - Glaive - Glaive - Run back (or Dash)

Or use Nemesis. Problem solved. From what I've seen, unless you can maintain Momentum perfectly (as in top player skill level) then there isn't much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    There isn't really right and wrong time to use it. Use it when you have it or save it for when you need it. You cant have a 100% uptime.

Or use Nemesis. Problem solved. From what I've seen, unless you can maintain Momentum perfectly (as in top player skill level) then there isn't much of a difference.
    Momentum is better than Nemesis because you can time when to use it. The problem with Nemesis is that a lot of its uptime is wasted on Demons Biting or possibly executing a fight mechanic(dropping a Rot vs. Nythendra, running away vs. Ursoc, etc.).

With Momentum you can build up Fury, Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat, then start smashing Chaos Strikes. You get more bang for the buck consistently.

Thanks for the answers.

Another question: If I start an Eye beam with 1 second left on the buff, will it apply to the whole eye beam or just 1 second? Same goes for something like Fury?
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

Just 1 second

Deleted

Stand correct before using felrush then you dont lose any time on running, position correct than you avoid enemy aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Momentum is better than Nemesis because you can time when to use it. The problem with Nemesis is that a lot of its uptime is wasted on Demons Biting or possibly executing a fight mechanic(dropping a Rot vs. Nythendra, running away vs. Ursoc, etc.).

With Momentum you can build up Fury, Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat, then start smashing Chaos Strikes. You get more bang for the buck consistently.
    Momentum is better because its a buff on you instead of a debuff on a target

10+ Year Old Account

ehh.... I don't agree with Retreat -> Glaive -> Glaive -> Dash

that's heaps of melee time wasted. You should be using VR side ways so you're always at melee range, this way you're auto attacks persist while you're glaive tossing.

One thing I find absolutely awful about Momentum so far is the fact that on bosses with small hitboxes, I don't really see myself able to stay in melee at all times :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    ehh.... I don't agree with Retreat -> Glaive -> Glaive -> Dash

that's heaps of melee time wasted. You should be using VR side ways so you're always at melee range, this way you're auto attacks persist while you're glaive tossing.
    Good shout, but I don't like to vault in front or behind of bosses, even less predictable than going directly backwards. Cleave, tail swipes etc.

Good shout, but I don't like to vault in front or behind of bosses, even less predictable than going directly backwards. Cleave, tail swipes etc.
    The amount of cleaves/tail swipes in this game atm is close to non-existent. Mythic dragons of nightmare is the only boss i can think of where tail swipe is a problem. And yes, you have to pay some attention to your surroundings when using it.