Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Azshara even still a threat?

She sends some of her Naga every now and then to cause a mild ruckus on the splendid beaches of Azeroth only to be pushed back with even greater ease each time, and lately has made some appearances here and there being all stereotypical "Doom is coming" type chick.

Big deal. What's her deal? All I see is all talk and no bite. They pulled Deathwing out of nowhere as a major expansion villain after they supercharged him with some Old God influence whatever, guess that can work, but what about Azshara?

The only way I could see an expansion based around her would be if we finally, once and for all, deal with all the old god presence on Azeroth before Azeroth itself can awaken or imbue us with its Titan powers and make us half Titans so we can move on and terminate the Legion once and for all.

She either allies with us against the Old Gods or fight with them against us, but we kill her, kill the old gods at their root, finally end that goddamn never-ending story line of what are essentially some very resilient Zerg infestations in Azeroth, and move on with our lives.

Otherwise, I just can't help but see her as another baddie with some exceptional magical powers but who doesn't really have anything to show for it in terms of results for the past 10,000 years.

goddamn, I'd tap that:

Baddies in this game don't have the best track record in general. What's your point?

Deathwing came from nowhere? The guy was in BDP expansion for WC2. I know people like to think everything came from WC 3 & TFT but it really doesnt.

Well on reddit I saw this theory about Aszhara and how she is potentially the most patient and calculating villain in WoW.

The theory states this, We (As the Horde and Alliance) are currently preoccupied by the Legion and the uneasy peace between the Horde and the Alliance (One wrong move and it's all out war) so what does Aszhara do? she sends in her forces to make us fight a war on two fronts, which if you think about is very smart on her part. Now we also have to contemplate fighting an old god in the future (Due to il'yogoth's whispers) and also Helya's forces (Patch 7.1 raid) so it'll be a war on 4 fronts potentially 5 if war breaks out between the Horde and the Alliance.

We've seen Queen Aszhara in Legion already in Aszuna from the quest with Prince Farondis so she is getting more active and is starting to move. She's a cold and calculating strategist who is going to make us deplete our resources in order to hit us when we're at our weakest point imho.

She destroyed the Pillar of Creation with very little effort and cursed the entire land of Azsuna.

I'd say she's pretty powerful. She was only outclassed by KJ/Arch/Sargeras in the Legion's power as per Mannoroth, and this was before she became empowered by the Old Gods into a Naga and settled her capital of Nazjatar near the remnants of the Well of Eternity at the bottom of the ocean.

If Blizzard plays her right (Which they won't), she'll be busy building her own forces as we fight against the Legion in this expansion and launch an absolutely gigantic attack after Legion is over. She's already in the middle of Azsuna trying to steal the Tidestone.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    She destroyed the Pillar of Creation with very little effort and cursed the entire land of Azsuna.

I'd say she's pretty powerful. She was only outclassed by KJ/Arch/Sargeras in the Legion's power as per Mannoroth, and this was before she became empowered by the Old Gods into a Naga and settled her capital of Nazjatar near the remnants of the Well of Eternity at the bottom of the ocean.

If Blizzard plays her right (Which they won't), she'll be busy building her own forces as we fight against the Legion in this expansion and launch an absolutely gigantic attack after Legion is over. She's already in the middle of Azsuna trying to steal the Tidestone.
    Not to mention she was really young at the time. 10,000 years have past since then she has had nothing better to do down at the bottom of the ocean she might be more powerful then KJ these days but who knows.

15+ Year Old Account
    She'll be just another NPC standing in a room, waiting to be killed and looted. Like every other one-dimensional villain.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

She was hit by meteors and fireballs by Farondis in Aszuna and didn't even get scratched.. idk man, shes pretty fucking strong.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    She was only outclassed by KJ/Arch/Sargeras in the Legion's power as per Mannoroth.
    I killed Mannoroth in LFR though, how powerful can she really be? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit intriguing in places. Ilgynoth's quote to the effect of 'the pillars of eternity are the keys to releasing the old gods' or whatever... And Azshara boldly trying to take one for herself.

Well, it makes me wonder. What the Tomb of Sargeras was, in part, N'zoth's prison? And in... whatever we do to seal the prison we inadvertantly release whatever else might be behind it all?

Maybe, well. Void and Light seem to exist in a cyclical nature, where Void creatures and Naaru view eachother as mislead or fallen friends on the other side of the coin or whatever. Perhaps Elune, being as quest text presents her as the creator of Naaru and probably the most powerful being associated with the sphere of 'Light', is simply a Void Lord going through a light phase? So... What if she dictated her followers on Azeroth to construct the grand temple of Elune where they did as a way for her to 'trap' her disobedient nephew... thing... until it could revert to a light phase?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    She'll be just another NPC standing in a room, waiting to be killed and looted. Like every other one-dimensional villain.
    There is often much salt on these forums. But you definately take the cake today.

BUHUUUU WAHAAAAAA

Why are you even on this forum or playing wow?

Deleted
    Remember that zone they scrapped because they "...would do something even cooler" ? Raise from the sea ! *hint* *hint*

10+ Year Old Account
    She was empowered by the Old Gods, but simultaneously lost the power of the Well of Eternity.

And saying she's a brilliant strategist is giving her a bit too much credit considering the Naga have been stumped at almost every single assault they've made, with only fleeting success at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Do you not know anything about her? I mean, the thread sure seems like it, maybe try looking things up beforehand next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is still an threat, afterall in CATA not much big threat like now.

I wouldn't be suprised, if one of Legion raids will throw us to Nazjatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Will we finally get our swimming/underwater raid? One can only dream. Oh wait.. we already have the Emerald Nightmare. I wouldn't want an Azure Nightmare on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reica View Post
    Will we finally get our swimming/underwater raid? One can only dream. Oh wait.. we already have the Emerald Nightmare. I wouldn't want an Azure Nightmare on top of that.
    In cata patch 4.1 orginally was planned Abyssal Maw as raid, but they canceled it and remaked Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman to fit the story later in MoP.

But that don't mean, the Abyssal Maw is forgotten right? There is still entrance there close to Throne Of Tides.

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Well on reddit I saw this theory about Aszhara and how she is potentially the most patient and calculating villain in WoW.

The theory states this, We (As the Horde and Alliance) are currently preoccupied by the Legion and the uneasy peace between the Horde and the Alliance (One wrong move and it's all out war) so what does Aszhara do? she sends in her forces to make us fight a war on two fronts, which if you think about is very smart on her part. Now we also have to contemplate fighting an old god in the future (Due to il'yogoth's whispers) and also Helya's forces (Patch 7.1 raid) so it'll be a war on 4 fronts potentially 5 if war breaks out between the Horde and the Alliance.

We've seen Queen Aszhara in Legion already in Aszuna from the quest with Prince Farondis so she is getting more active and is starting to move. She's a cold and calculating strategist who is going to make us deplete our resources in order to hit us when we're at our weakest point imho.
    That's a nice theory but I feel like you're setting your self up for disappointment if you think for a second that Blizzard will write a character to be at all strategical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

They could make something awesome with her, as we were just playing in her hands the whole time and being only a part of her master plan...

But they won't do this, she will just be printed as a blinded fool who was too full of herself to notice that she did not accomplish a thing in 10.000 years even if she sent her forces to try it over and over and over again. That's how blizzard tells the story ingame.

Just look at Deathwing for instance, the guy was a strategist who would lead a kingdom to destruction from the inside out, someone who made the entire dragonflights play in his palm and almost killed them all after. Now see how he is pictured in the game: "DIE", "DESTRUCTION", "BURN". Blizzard has some really SERIOUS problems telling storys ingame.

My guess is, that at one point she will cross paths with N'Zoth (if she hasn't already), since it seems he was imprisoned somewhere around the spot where Broken Isles are now.
    He's gonna get inside her head, manipulate her to free him and then dump her. She might be powerful and all, but I doubt she would ever be in control of an Old God.
    Guys from the Void have a slightly different agenda, don't they.

But, during the whole process that will most likely end up with N'Zoth being a boss of his own raid, another important lore character(s) die(s) (Khadgar? Thrall?) and Alliance with Horde go all berserk revenge mode and go after Azshara into Nazjatar.

Or, I'd like a bit of a major twist mid-expansion. Some of you might know the 24 TV Series, where basically each of the 24 episode-long seasons start with a major threat resolved in up to 8-12th episode and then for the rest of the season, dealing with something completely different.
    So how about we go for the Tomb in 7.3 (assuming Nighthold is 7.2), get the last Pillar, close off the invasion and after defeating the last boss (possibly Kil'Jaden), we run into Azshara just after releasing N'Zoth, killing Khadgar in the process and thus everyone goes after both of them.

And finally, Illidan's story finishes with him becoming an (evil) Naaru, technically crossing-over to the next expansion: Army of the Light.