Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mupod View Post
    When was this? I ran it late last night at +7 and could still control all the usual mobs. Keep in mind there's several who were ALWAYS immune like the two large packs before the first boss.
    This morning. Did a regular Heroic run to get some augment runes and everything was immune.

Finished a mythic about a minute ago where I had a councilor controlled up to the manasaber.
    Are you sure you weren't just trying to control the mobs before the second boss?
    The ones with the miniboss group are immune.
    Last edited by Diggsworth; 2016-10-08 at 06:33 PM. Reason: period goes where?

I don't understand this nerf at all. Why even give us the spell then? It's not like Control Undead was overpowered in here or anything. It made things fun and gave a slight bonus, but nothing overpowered. Nothing as powerful as, say, bringing a rogue/alchemist to CoS.

This is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I don't understand this nerf at all. Why even give us the spell then? It's not like Control Undead was overpowered in here or anything. It made things fun and gave a slight bonus, but nothing overpowered. Nothing as powerful as, say, bringing a rogue/alchemist to CoS.

This is just dumb.
    There's no nerf, they're still controllable.

7+ Year Old Account
    soooo is the OP just a tard and tried to control the named guys that were never controllable? or was there a official fix?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    soooo is the OP just a tard and tried to control the named guys that were never controllable? or was there a official fix?
    I don't know about that, but what most likely happened is that they tried to control one o the minibosses, one of the big demolish dudes, or one of the mobs that spawns in the second miniboss pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a few mobs that have never been controllable.

The pack that jumps down before Boss 2 comes to mind.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I think its just generally buggy and/or confusing controling mobs in that instance (although Ive only had problems in mythic+)

Last week I did a +10 and using mc on an arcanist(?) with an arcane elemental pet caused the elemental to bug out (ie it spam blinked around owning people and evaded anytime it took enough damage to gain raging buff).

And both last week and this week I've seen several mobs be immune without really understanding why. Aside from the pack that jumps down b4 2nd boss (which I havent been trying anyway cus cat op) which undead mobs exactly are immune?

It did occur to me that it might be related to affixes although I havent gotten round to testing it.
    Does anyone know for sure if you can use control undead on mobs once they gain a bolstering buff?
    Last edited by bubky; 2016-10-08 at 09:41 PM.

I think bolstering might disable it.

Deleted
    Did OP try control a bolstered mob?

just tested it in a regular mythic, and control still works on all the first stage mobs
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-10-09 at 03:15 AM.

This is a pretty untrue post. You can still mind control all things you coudl before. Just know some of the mobs can't be controlled. The Minibosses can't be controlled. the Undead right after the first boss the bigger elves with the frontal cone can't be controlled. Then the two pulls of the ambush can't be control. This has always been the case as far as ican remember.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I bet if they add raid bosses that are undead this expansion, they'll be immune as well... clearly Blizzard just hates death knights
    so clever

really made me think

Deleted
    Dks having fun??? sound the alarm.

control still works