10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'm watching it right now (had raid).

Donald Trump is beyond deranged. This is legitimately frightening.
    Quite. But let's see how the next week plays out with his...um...his "being Donald Trump" issue. That crack about throwing her in jail might top "that makes me smart".

I'm watching it right now (had raid).

Donald Trump is beyond deranged. This is legitimately frightening.
    The crowd clapped when he said she would be in jail. At least 35% of the country are legit Trumpkins that swallow this nonsense just like the trolls in the HRC/Trump threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    And John Oliver has gotten around to the Trump tape.

The quality's a bit off.

He's not John Stewart, but he'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If nothing else, that line showed Trump to be a true Kool-Aid drinker. I feel like there is at least some kind of understanding outside the lunatic fringe that all this talk of Benghazi and email servers is just political posturing, and that there will be no need to pursue them further after the election, especially if Clinton loses and presumably fades from the spotlight.
    He is not a true believer, he is a mediocre conman with an ego problem parading around as a simpleton. He is flouting that comment because he heard someone say she should be in jail in one of his crowds, where he repeated the idea as a question probably followed by an I don't know, so if it weren't well received he could claim it a joke. But, they cheered, and probably pretty loudly. Fast forward to tonight, Donald is feeling some heat and getting the bad kind of attention so he lobs out, "you'd be in jail" to get the crowd going in his favor.

He doesn't believe that shit any more than he believes Mexico will pay for his wall or that Hillary will destroy the country, all he knows is that he gets off On the adulation from the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If nothing else, that line showed Trump to be a true Kool-Aid drinker. I feel like there is at least some kind of understanding outside the lunatic fringe that all this talk of Benghazi and email servers is just political posturing, and that there will be no need to pursue them further after the election, especially if Clinton loses and presumably fades from the spotlight.
    Actually a lot of Trump base shares view that Clinton should be in jail... and anti-establishment vote works much better when candidate has personal interest in punishing at least some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    He is not a true believer, he is a mediocre conman with an ego problem parading around as a simpleton. He is flouting that comment because he heard someone say she should be in jail in one of his crowds, where he repeated the idea as a question probably followed by an I don't know, so if it weren't well received he could claim it a joke. But, they cheered, and probably pretty loudly. Fast forward to tonight, Donald is feeling some heat and getting the bad kind of attention so he lobs out, "you'd be in jail" to get the crowd going in his favor.

He doesn't believe that shit any more than he believes Mexico will pay for his wall or that Hillary will destroy the country, all he knows is that he gets off On the adulation from the crowd.
    Eh, Trump seems like one of those people who will start believing his own bullshit if he repeats it enough times. I don't know if he really believes the Hillary for Prison line, but he had few enough inhibitions about it to bring it up during a debate, whereas most Republicans know well enough to dance around it and never to give off the impression of jailing political opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Actually a lot of Trump base shares view that Clinton should be in jail... and anti-establishment vote works much better when candidate has personal interest in punishing at least some of them.
    Too bad for Russia, considering I'm watching Hillary Clinton plotting against your country, that there aren't nearly enough anti-Establishment people in this country.

Too bad for Russia, considering I'm watching Hillary Clinton plotting against your country, that there aren't nearly enough anti-Establishment people in this country.
    We'll see soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    The crowd clapped when he said she would be in jail. At least 35% of the country are legit Trumpkins that swallow this nonsense just like the trolls in the HRC/Trump threads.
    This is why I've been saying its time to get out. Seriously. Over a third of the United States is now supporting a complete ignoramus who, through sheer ignorance or ambitious malice shits all over the US Constitution and the rule of law every chance he gets, and whose whole persona, campaign, rhetoric and politics have Clio going off on rhyming jags with Mussolini and Hitler. And this is when the nation is doing comparatively decently.

If you get an economic crash (as I expect), or a major war (as I don't really expect, barring Trump getting elected) think of how much support he'll have; hell, he has a decent chance of causing significant civil unrest just by losing. (Domestic terrorists for Trump doesn't seem that hard to imagine.)

Even if Clinton gets elected and turns out to be a far better President than I expect, the US (on top of what I see as many other problems) has this pro-ignorance cancer eating out its vitals and has no real solutions for it. When you see an explosion coming that you can't stop, all you can do it get away (and/or get behind cover).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

"She has tremendous hate in her heart"

This isn't a debate. This is a farce.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a debate. This is a farce.
    Oh, just you wait. It gets better.

No really, he has a couple good answers near the end. Coherent and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    We'll see soon enough.
    Oh you bet your damned life we will.

But let me put this in context for you.

The likely next President of the United States has, on international television and internet, said that there must be a war crimes investigation against Russia and Syria.

That means that when she becomes President, she'll be committed to pushing that forward.

The War Criminal Vladmir Putin is right about one thing. Her Presidency means relations with the US get worse. Way worse. And that's a good thing.

Oh you bet your damned life we will.

But let me put this in context for you.

The likely next President of the United States has, on international television and internet, said that there must be a war crimes investigation against Russia and Syria.

That means that when she becomes President, she'll be committed to pushing that forward.

The War Criminal Vladmir Putin is right about one thing. Her Presidency means relations with the US get worse. Way worse. And that's a good thing.
    She is sick and demented. All she cares about is being the first president with a vagina. Then she will go to her home to sleep and await the sweet embrace of death. While bill is dicking bimbos.

But she won't win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Odd, lately there are more communists defending Trump than republicans in here
    Last edited by Bakis; 2016-10-10 at 07:56 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    American faux democracy is too entertaining to ignore. Plus even if trump wins he will give his foreign policy to pence who is a typical warmongering republican.

There is no hope for America either way. Jill stein is who I'd like to see win. She is a real communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    yea, seems like they really want him to win. i wonder how far they would go to ensure that? hack emails maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only chance that Trump has is if people don't vote because they figured Clinton had it in the bag.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The only chance that Trump has is if people don't vote because they figured Clinton had it in the bag.
    She might croak before the election tho.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    She might croak before the election tho.
    So might Trump. Who is older and who's health is rather unclear aside from one very short medical statement.