Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @The Batman.

I'm suprised you found time out of your busy day to respond.

Are your beloved family members recovering from those non-existent GMO illnesses?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    @The Batman.

Are your beloved family members recovering from those non-existent GMO illnesses?
    QQ evil lefties feminists ate my cake and my relationships!

Seriously though I figured you were a pretty smart guy til you made it your life to whine about evil lefties and feminists all the time.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-10-10 at 02:53 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    "I wonder if it was young "refugees" just trying to give her some cultural enrichment."

That was the original quote.

Might as well say:

"Someone stole my bike. I wonder if it was a black guy"
    You really don't see the difference between a skin colour and a culture (excluding the veracity of anything here). That's really your problem. You actually buy into the racism you're condemning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

Oh god you're one of those now... I didn't even notice you at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You really don't see the difference between a skin colour and a culture (excluding the veracity of anything here). That's really your problem. You actually buy into the racism you're condemning.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god you're one of those now... I didn't even notice you at first.
    Get used to it for about a month.

I lost a bet. Hardly a weeb. It's just that the CIncinatti Bengals suck dick this year

That is pretty much the very basis and definition of racism yeah.

Expanded definitions also include religions and discrimination against other social groupings.
    No it isn't at all. A culture is not a race or skin color.

Here since you couldn't be bothered.

noun rac·ism \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
    Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
    Definition of racism
    : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    : racial prejudice or discrimination

A culture is not a race. A religion is not a race. Left-wingers don't understand this which is why they blindly overuse the term when faced with an actual discussion that they don't like or faced with lacking any knowledge on said subject.

- - - Updated - - -

"I wonder if it was young "refugees" just trying to give her some cultural enrichment."

That was the original quote.

Might as well say:

"Someone stole my bike. I wonder if it was a black guy"

Call it criticism all you want, but some of us can see for what it really is.

Want some criticism? Education levels in Croatia are very low.
    You're the ignorant bigot that things only black people can be refugee's. The irony here is just amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    "It's racist to criticize a culture. Wow. "

That was the actual quote you replied to and, in turn, I replied to you. Seems you said criticizing a culture is the very definition of racism.

Maybe the education levels in Croatia really are low. Far higher than your levels, wherever you might be from. And I'm guessing US. (yeah, I did that on purpose)
    Someone from croatia talking about education? People run from your country to come here...not the other way around. I'll bet if you got a free pass to live in the US or live in "croatia" you'd be here and voting democrat so fast...gotta get that EBT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    @The BANNzoman

Liberals blah blah blah lefties blah feminists blah tumblrinas blah blah blah fucking blah.

The whine about the left fringe group just because you got friend zoned and are now bitter is tiresome.
    "friend zoned" is more so a liberal thing...since they are the type that love those fat free whipped latte's with a splash of lemon..right? I don't think the left fringe group mind getting friend zoned by females.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    QQ evil lefties feminists ate my cake and my relationships!

Seriously though I figured you were a pretty smart guy til you made it your life to whine about evil lefties and feminists all the time.
    Well, thanks to feminists little girls can now register for the draft...because nothing says "combat effectiveness" then a little 110 lb girl wearing 120 lbs of combat gear. Good thing those feminists won that battle for....for who really?

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-10 at 05:33 PM.

I have to say that I still find it shocking that people can't understand a simple term like "racism". The entire point with the term is that some are inferior due to inherent traits, traits that you are born with and die with, no matter what you do; ie, critizing a culture or a religion simply cannot be racist. Unless you describe to the theory that primitive cultures are inherent to some races, but only really super hardcore racists (and those that claim you can be racist towards the same) prescribe to that theory. Which is weird, one thinks that those people would be better off not validating crazy racist theories like that. It's rather like an anti-communist saying "your theories and worldview are entirely correct, I don't challenge that, I just still dislike it"...rather a strange position, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how so many people here are arguing the definition of racism itself rather than actually arguing the original point, which was that it is wrong to treat all refugees as being "rapists" or "terrorists."

Is it technically not "racist" to say such things because Islam isn't a race? Sure, but that's being pedantic and does nothing to actually arguing against that point.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Example:
    The Jewish race (religious)
    The Celtic race (cultural)
    The Jewish race has nothing to do with religion - it's a genetic thing
    There's Judaism though but one doesn't need to be a genetic jew to adhere to it.
    The Celtic race has nothing to do with culture - it's a genetic thing
    There's Celtic culture though but one doesn't need to be a genetic Celt to be a part of it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It's racist to criticize a culture. Wow.
    This is the excuse of modern-day racists. "Hey, it's culture, we ain't targeting their genes.". People were using superior race bullshit in early 20th century to justify their hatred, and these day it's "culture". God knows what will be their modus operandi in 2100. Racists, in their small minds, think they'll easily trick people with tiny lexical differences when there is neither motivational nor semantic difference.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-10 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Someone from croatia talking about education? People run from your country to come here...not the other way around. I'll bet if you got a free pass to live in the US or live in "croatia" you'd be here and voting democrat so fast...gotta get that EBT.
    Do you even know where Croatia is?

The only time I'd want to come to the US is if I wanted to get shot.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I'm from Bosnia. But even if I were from Syria, picking off worms and bugs off of dead rats in order to feed my family I'd find comfort in the fact that at least I am not living in the USA.

As for education, you should go look up some statistics before bragging about US "education".
    You may now kiss the ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is the excuse of modern-day racists. "Hey, it's culture, we ain't targeting their genes.". People were using superior race bullshit in early 20th century to justify their hatred, and these day it's "culture". God knows what will be their modus operandi in 2100. Racists, in their small minds, think they'll easily trick people with tiny lexical differences when there is neither motivational nor semantic difference.
    All cultures are not equally valuable to a safe society. I bet you're one of those who fearmonger about nazis because their values do not align with yours. That's fine to do, you don't want their values in society but are you willing to extend the same to people who don't want other values in their society, values that are making society unsafe too? No? Then you're a bigot.

Genetics is the hardware in humans, culture is the programming. Behaviour stems from culture so it's perfectly fine to criticize culture and even dislike cultures that are producing negative effects for people in a society.

Now you can say that you don't like people thinking this way but that does not detract from the fact that culture dictates human behaviour to a very large degree.
    Last edited by mmoc1afe70b5e4; 2016-10-10 at 05:51 PM.

No, it literally isn't racist to judge a culture in any way.

You're basically saying: "racists did X, therefore doing X means you're a racist" - it's just illogical. And yes, culture and race are semantically different. Important difference, at that.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Now look up the definition of race and find out that it does include those elements you declare it doesn't.

Example:
    The Jewish race (religious)
    The Celtic race (cultural)

Every dictionary even includes nationality as a form of race.

You are right that it involves inherent traits though, but when you're born in a culture, unless you're some kind of pariah or superhuman being you're going to be made part of the culture you're born into.
    Celtic is a language group, I.E. The Celtic Languages. Cornish, Welsh, Breton, Manx Gaelic, Irish, and Scots-Gaelic.

It's racist to criticize a culture. Wow.
    It's only Racist when its directed at the Muslims.

If the rapists at these schools were white you would never hear the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

No, it literally isn't racist to judge a culture in any way.

You're basically saying: "racists did X, therefore doing X means you're a racist" - it's just illogical. And yes, culture and race are semantically different. Important difference, at that.
    What do you mean by Judge? Criticism? Criticizing one thing, generalizing is another. I hardly ever see criticism in this forum, it's mostly racist mumblings. The only reason you bunch are now attacking to culture is because if you attack "perceived race", you'd be called an idiot by both science and rest of the society. Culture is now the easy target for racists to spout hatred.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-10 at 09:13 PM.

What do you mean by Judge? Criticism? Criticizing one thing, generalizing is another. I hardly ever see criticism in this forum, it's mostly racist mumblings. The only reason you bunch are now attacking to culture is because if you attack "perceived race", you'd be called an idiot by both science and rest of the society. Culture is now the easy target for racists to spout hatred.
    "You bunch"? Really? Whatever. Culture is real. Cultural differences are real. Here's your brilliant logic again, which is ironically being used to generalize and condemn others:

Racists say bad things about Muslims (who in your eyes are just brown people)
    You "rarely" see anyone posting real criticism
    Therefore saying bad things about Muslim culture/religion is racist

Your logic is just so bad. Note the excellent use of circularity in your filtering of reality, whereby criticism is equated to racism, and therefore doesn't exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only reason you bunch are now attacking to culture is because if you attack "perceived race", you'd be called an idiot by both science and rest of the society. Culture is now the easy target for racists to spout hatred.
    No "culture" is inherent in, or exclusive to, any given race. And while you may draw similarities to the criticisms of a given culture to the remarks of those who hold animosity towards a particular race, race and culture are not synonyms and along with religion, are completely different concepts. The part you seem to be missing is that race is innate. Culture and religion are learned. Animosity against the former is frowned upon. Animosity towards the latter two is subjectively "acceptable".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-10-10 at 11:13 PM.

Sorry, you are factually wrong.

At least they didn't say "your daughter is blond and hot".

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Do you even know where Croatia is?

The only time I'd want to come to the US is if I wanted to get shot.
    A ton of bosnians and croatians where I stay.