Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Many of them sell it for real money which is against ToS. And it is annoying spam.
    Theres a difference between companies which are selling boosts for cash and the player base selling their time for gold. Imall for removing the spammers, but the player based ones aren't a issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    It's a problem cause pvp players don't want to pve 50% of their playtime to stay viable in pvp. They listen when pve people complain that they would need to pvp for pve but they never care when it's turned arround.

And it's not 27 traits. After you unlock all basic traits you get another 20 metalevels with damage boost, goes up to 14,5% more damage. So you have to grind 54 talent points overall.
    The damage boost does not apply in PvP, so just 27 traits (confirmed by holinka).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dibax View Post
    The damage boost does not apply in PvP, so just 27 traits (confirmed by holinka).
    Okay, didn't know that, that's excellent then. Shouldn't be a problem at all longterm in that case.

Deleted
    I really do think its all because of Garrison gold, and wowtoken.

Deleted
    How is that new?
    The change i see is; it not being called GDKP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    If they sell it for money, it's up to Blizzard to punish them and to players to report them. If the problem is simply spam, /ignore is your friend.
    Sadly, /ignore is not account wide on either of the sides. I can't ignore it on all my characters at once and I can't ignore all theirs characters at once.

Deleted
    More than a few are selling ingame services with PayPal or CsGO skins.

Deleted
    Well going by the token prices ATM you're looking at being able to get(at EU prices) ~700k per week max. Based on the prices people listed here by other people you're looking at being able to get a HC + NM clear using that money, per week. In order to get that you're looking at using up 200 euros per week so if we consider a month as 4 weeks you'd need to spend 800 euros per month so you can clear the raid more or less every week on normal + heroic. I'm not familiar with mythic boost prices but judging by previous expansions it's so ridiculous at the moment it's not even worth looking at.

When people are saying that a majority of people are buying boosts for real money(through changing tokens to gold) you're most likely wrong simply because of the cost associated with doing so(~200 euros / week). If you want people to take you seriously then give some sort of evidence.

The other case which is the more common one is people buying boosts using gold they make in-game through farming, AH, etc. Again, you're going to need to give some sort of evidence that a majority of people are actually buying boosts since right now your argument is "I see people spamming trade selling ergo everyone is buying". While people are selling and people are most likely buying that number is nowhere near a majority. You're assuming that everyone has enough money to buy boosts and are willing to spend it but you're sadly mistaken. A lot of people simply don't have that much money because they waste it on random shit or can't be bothered to make more. Right now i'm sitting on i think 600k with my sub for the past year? being bought from in-game gold which is by no means a lot but seldom do you see people with more.

The biggest problem with this whole thread is that no where do you give an argument as to how people buying boosts is a bad thing. It's pretty much "STOP DOING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!" which while it works if you're 5 and don't want to eat your vegetables doesn't hold a lot of weight. The people who buy boosts do so because they have the disposable income(gold) to do so. In the end they buying it affects no one(unless you consider the gold moving from them to a gbank a crime against humanity).

Are there really more carries in trade? Or are they just more visible because we spend more time in trade-linked locations?

Deleted
    You guys say it is not a problem.

But how would you feel if you could buy Mythic raiding gear from in-game store or for gold at a vendor for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    But how would you feel if you could buy Mythic raiding gear from in-game store or for gold at a vendor for everyone?
    Doesn't matter, it's not the same. I could ask you how you would feel if I bought a Ferrari, and it would have as much to do with this topic as your question.

It's only a problem when it's sold for real money, as that's against the rules. Other then that, why care? What is the direct impact to your own playtime? It doesn't matter where someone else got their gear from, it doesn't matter how they got their gold, it doesn't matter that some group you aren't even raiding with boosts someone, so... I really don't see the impact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It's only a problem when it's sold for real money, as that's against the rules. Other then that, why care?.
    Makes zero difference as a player if they pay with $$. If they buy it with gold over tokens they actually hurt you as a player more cause they drive inflation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not selling them for gold, they're selling them for IRL cash.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say that it is the cheap price to pay for being able to group up Cross Realm. I will agree, that there are a few problems with it, but i don't think it is a game breaking problem, which needs instant fixing.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Even method are selling carries and mythic + boosts

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    a) If they did this It's bannable
    b) Your idea of "many" is very skewed. I'm not going to pretend like some people don't sell shit for real cash but vast, vast majority of them are people who are selling runs in WoW are doing it for gold so that their guild has enough to cover costs of Flasks, Pots, Food, Repairs, Runes, Crafted gear, etc
    It's not the first time spammers haven't been banned.
    They spam it, tell you to go to their "Skype". Then tell you that it costs real cash.
    That's how they avoid being banned. Nobody will bother boosting you for gold. 15 "Boosters" for what? 200K? 300k? Each .. week? That's like what, 80 EUR on 15 players.

To do the math for you, that's 5 EUR for 1-2 hours. Sitting at 2,5 EUR /hr.

Nonono, they're selling these for premium prices such as 350-600 EUR for a HC boost.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2016-10-10 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, who the hell cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demapples22 View Post
    Seems like all the people who said that the "content drought" was to blame for all the moose selling were wrong. Here we are just 3 weeks after Emerald Nightmare unlocked and there are dozens of people spamming trade with carry selling for both mythic and heroic. And the dungeon finder tool also has 4 groups advertising for sales.

But I guess we should all pretend like this is fine and doesn't cheapen the experience of playing WoW at all. When someone logs on and is immediately greeted by a trade chat full of people tripping over each other trying to remove people from the pool of potential raiders and group recruits their first thought is "Awesome."

Free market go!
    Items/Boosting for gold isn't a new thing...

I've been selling items / runs since TBC. I used to host Gruul 25 pugs and reserve and sell DST when it dropped for anywhere from 5-10k gold. This has ALWAYS been a thing and will continue to be. People used to buy shitloads of gold through Chinese seller websites for better value than you can get WoW tokens for. I made my first 1 million gold throughout WOTLK by hosting 25 man full clears of TOTC and Icecrown 3-4 times a week on ults and reserving ALL of the BOE items. There were literally times I would make 90k a run if I was lucky. We would also run BOT trash over and over with the first BOE reserved then roll out the rest MS/OS. Then while raiding with Fatboss we would sell full Firelands HC runs for about 150k per run, boosting 2 people per run once we were clearing DS. The majority of players paying for these "services" most likely bought their gold via external sites as the token wasn't available.

People have and always will make gold through raiding and boosting other players, these players will generally purchase gold with real life money via external websites or through the WoW token.

Can you please stop pretending this is some sort of new revelation. The fact it's extremely easy to create / host a pug group of your own makes it more apparent people are doing it, it doesn't make it something new though. Now 5 man content is relevant in terms of item level drops of course you will see a large influx of people cashing in on it...
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-10-10 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's not the same. I could ask you how you would feel if I bought a Ferrari, and it would have as much to do with this topic as your question.

It's only a problem when it's sold for real money, as that's against the rules. Other then that, why care? What is the direct impact to your own playtime? It doesn't matter where someone else got their gear from, it doesn't matter how they got their gold, it doesn't matter that some group you aren't even raiding with boosts someone, so... I really don't see the impact.
    It actually does.

It skews the whole reward system. First of all it is the principle of earning the best gear through skill and teamwork. This principle have been infringed upon.

Second of all, you would like to think a 870 geared person who have done 10+ mythic runs is actually an individual that have the gear, skill and knowledge to help you complete aforementioned dungeon difficulty. However, this is an illusion now. That person might have been boosted and are now looking to get carried by getting invites to content he is not actually a helpful factor in completing.

I care about both of these points, and i have a feeling i am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by demapples22 View Post
    And then there is this. I played all through vanilla almost every waking hour and literally never saw anyone advertising carry sales in trade or lfg chat. I'm sure that it happened but it wasnt anything like it is now. Not even close.
    Raid guilds advertised their runs in trade chat a lot back in Vanilla (as it was the best way to get PVE gear). They were not as common, as only guilds that were able to keep a solid roster/poach from guilds stuck in MC etc were able to do this. If we had 5man dungeons with gear setups like we have now we would have seen more of it.

That and Vanilla was crap for farming gold. No dailies, professions were kinda hard to level and were expensive to level. Elite mobs dropped slightly more silver than most normal mobs and only way of farming it cheaply was Warrior mage - healer groups. Mage to make water, healer to heal and warrior to tank.

If you could play the AH back then you could have made a lot of gold. If you were a raiding healer like me, you were most likely struggling for cash and did a lot of shitty 5man dungeons to make enough money.