Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Naxx was the EXACT same raid with some number changes for wrath. Absolutely nothing new about it.

It and the two troll raids also had their originals removed so no one could run them any more.

It, Obsidium Sanctum (1 boss) and Malygos (1 boss) were the ENTIRE tier, completely lazy for a raid tier.
    You forgot Archavon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Software versioning pls:

major.minor.patch

It's a minor version update!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Being a MYTHIC ONLY dungeon gated to maybe 5% of the playerbase? So first major patch is as good as selfie camera from WoD as far as I am conserned. Inc pug info: "LFM, Kara ilvl860+ link achiev have a brain and pay us 50k gold plz plox"

PS: anyway, there is so much grinding to do that I could not care less. But new content for casuals would have been nice.
    It is still an MMO you know, I mean it's not completely unreasonable to be expected to play with other people

It just fan service and possibly the only thing propping 7.1 up so far, would have loved to have seen the reaction had this been "return to the Sunwell" and not "muh Karazhan".

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Software versioning pls:

major.minor.patch

It's a minor version update!
    X.Y.Z

X - expansion release
    Y - major expansion update
    Z - minor expansion update == patch
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/17/125...cement-trailer

There's your source, they even reference the stream where it were announced.
    Does Blizzard say its a major patch, or is the information made up by the site?

Again, I dont remember troll patch in cata being major, as well as Ruby sanctum (which added group content).

Just because its 7.X does not mean its a major patch. So far major patch = new tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    X.Y.Z

X - expansion release
    Y - major expansion update
    Z - minor expansion update == patch
    So 5.3 was major? 6.1 too?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There is absolutely no reference to the fact that we've been there before or that all the bosses in the first half that we fight should be dead.
    That's kind of a shame, to be sure. Still, Karazhan has always been a weird place - I'd be more peeved if this was something like Deadmines with the same bosses and no references.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

Again, I dont remember troll patch in cata being major, as well as Ruby sanctum (which added group content).

Just because its 7.X does not mean its a major patch. So far major patch = new tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes 6.1 was a major patch. Blizzard even said that they made a mistake in making it a major patch instead of a minor one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Why is no one crying havok the same way they did with Naxx in WOTLK? On top of that, Karazhan was a raid many players go to experience, it wasn't even low attendance like Naxx40 was in pre-bc.
    When they reworked Naxx or the troll raids, they removed the old versions. This time, Karazhan remains.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is no one crying havok the same way they did with Naxx in WOTLK? On top of that, Karazhan was a raid many players go to experience, it wasn't even low attendance like Naxx40 was in pre-bc.

So they're adding some new art and changing things a bit, big deal, it's largely the same place with probably no conclusive lore once we're done with it.
    This is pretty simple dude: Kata is one of the most beloved instances of all time and it was released like 9 years ago. It being rehashed is not a problem, as long as the instance stands on its own and does not delete the prevous content. What we can see from the PTR, New-Karazhan is half old-nostalgia and half completly new instance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...this doesn't change my point whatsoever.

It's really sad that people are just hand waving away the lazy ignoring of the fact that we were already there and killed everything in the tower as "oh lulz its karazhan and haunted!"

But then why isn't Prince Malchezzar there? The Shade of Aran? Terestrial Illhoof? Are they permanently dead? Why do they die and the others don't? Why does the ghost of Medivh's dad suddenly disappear but Moroes and Attumen are still there?

It's lazy. I didn't realize it was such an outlandish request to have the story be actually cohesive and not contradictory in its own dungeon? I guess so when the conversation only seems to be "BLARFGLEFLARGLE ITS KARAZHAN AGAIN GAIZ!"
    Karazhan in TBC was not a story, which was ever build on. It was made up to only exists in that place only, so there is nothing wrong in changing the story up a bit, since it does not mess any other story up It also seems like New-Karazhan is just a "lets have fun" story, so you better start thinking about it as a fun side-story, because that is how Blizzard sees it.

I don't get your anger, because this is bonus content. Even if the instance was just lvl up to our power-lvl and with no new content, it would still be alright, because it is some content, which Blizzard di not have to make. There is not a single boss in that instance, which has been copied over from the Old-Karazhan. Every single boss have been reworked, while keeping their core boss fight concept. So aside from the art design, its about 80% new instance with only 20% rehashed.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2016-10-10 at 11:03 AM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

That's fair enough but let me ask you one thing, did the troll patch in any way shape or form affect or had an impact on cataclysm? No it did not, does 7.1 Kara mega dungeon affect legion in anyway progression in storylin wise? Why yes it does!

You have khadgar asking us to go back to karazhan and stop the legion from obtaining the power in Kara and using it as a focal base.

Plus if you put karazhan aside you still have the mini raid that closes off the odyn and helya story arch which in itself is a major close to the stormheim content.

(Also if you remember 3.1 Was a major content patch as well, I'll let you figure out what that was... as according to your quote on elim garak no odd patch is a major patch...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This is pretty simple dude: Kata is one of the most beloved instances of all time and it was released like 9 years ago. It being rehashed is not a problem, as long as the instance stands on its own and does not delete the prevous content. What we can see from the PTR, New-Karazhan is half old-nostalgia and half completly new instance

- - - Updated - - -

Karazhan in TBC was not a story, which was ever build on. It was made up to only exists in the place, so there is nothing wrong in changing the story up a bit It also seems like New-Karazhan is just a "lets have fun" story, so you better start thinking about it as a fun side-story, because that is how Blizzard sees it.

I don't get your anger, because this is bonus content. Even if the instance was just lvl up to our power-lvl and with no new content, it would still be alright, because it is some content, which Blizzard di not have to make. There is not a single boss in that instance, which has been copied over from the Old-Karazhan. Every single boss have been reworked, while keeping their core boss fight concept. So aside from the art design, its about 80% new instance with only 20% rehashed.
    Well said dude.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loved Naxxramas in WOTLK. It was my first real raid and it was fucking exciting as fuck.

Karazhan in TBC was not a story, which was ever build on. It was made up to only exists in that place only, so there is nothing wrong in changing the story up a bit, since it does not mess any other story up It also seems like New-Karazhan is just a "lets have fun" story, so you better start thinking about it as a fun side-story, because that is how Blizzard sees it.

80% new instance? Have you actually seen the instance? The first half of the dungeon is the same. Parts of the second half are just the already-existing map turned upside down. In fact, from what it seems, the only entirely NEW environment is the Alice-in-wonderland area where the Chess event is.

Also there very much was story for Karazhan in BC, I'm not sure where you're getting that from. There was an extensive quest chain to get the key and gain access, which continued on even after you got in.

There's not a single boss that has been copied? The first half's bosses have nearly the same mechanics, with a few having extra tacked on or them slightly tweaked.

Like I said, just like with Legion and Demon Hunters, nobody is going to be objective about Karazhan because of the nostalgia hard-on. Sorry if I want something actually better than the status quo. I don't really care if its "bonus" content (Which...what definition are you even using here? It's dropping better gear than any of the launch dungeons) or not.

The fact that Blizzard sees Karazhan as a "let's have fun" story is fucking pathetic, considering its a major part of the lore and was never serious until the abortion that was A Night In Karazhan. Keep that stupid garbage in Hearthstone. Don't start bastardizing the actual lore because you're too lazy to figure out a way to re-do the entire instance versus just barfing out a tuned up version for half of it.

Just another promise that is utterly disappointing with Legion. But people will eat it up because Blizzard's twiddling that nostalgia prostate.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-10-10 at 11:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so maybe...

Naxx in WotLK REPLACED the original Naxx, so lots of content... poof! No Atiesh for example.
    Kara in Legion exists ALONG the original Kara, so nothing is lost - it's also a totally different form of content.

If you still do not see the difference, well...

Also, raided and played a lot in Wrath - I do not remember "lots of hate" or "cries of havoc". Some people were sour, sure, but some people always are sour.

So they're adding some new art and changing things a bit, big deal, it's largely the same place with probably no conclusive lore once we're done with it.
    because old kara still exists

because the bosses (which you seem to know nothing about) are interesting

because the story is pretty interesting

because its fun

Because I do not consider this as a "major patch". This is a minor patch and if they think they'll sell this as major one to the community, they are gravely mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it was. Check yo facts

Probably because people loved Karazhan so it made sense for them to bring it back in some form. They announced 7.1 even before legion came out so they were already working on it.

Naxx made sense because very few guilds saw Naxx before TBC came out and even fewer cleared it before TBC launched. My guild got 2 KT kills before TBC came out. K'T was hard as shit we have to use every world buff available in order to down him. This was before buffs were wiped when joining an instance. I'm talking Ony buff, ZG buff, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Because most of us are excited about revisiting one of the most popular instances Blizz ever created.
    /thread over.

On top of that, Karazhan is about 25% of what 7.1 has to offer.

This isn't ZG and ZA all over again like 4.1 either, the instance is completely remade.