For the last several days, every first game is epic win or epic loss xD Dominating, either way.

I have no idea why.

Also, yesterday we won without a single tank. How? No idea >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    For the last several days, every first game is epic win or epic loss xD Dominating, either way.

I have no idea why.

Because the other team are worse?

Just so you understand this though, chances are you will lose more points overall because of this then you will gain. You got lucky because the other team was bad, but then next time some of your group (including you it seems) will think that it can work out without a tank (or with some other random hero that doesn't work).

Bastion still being picked to this day even though he gets countered by a half dozen other hero's and as long as you don't ignore him gets countered by almost everyone.

10+ Year Old Account

I have no idea why.

Had really good games yesterday, all pretty close. Best one was on Dorado defence, held them in to OT on checkpoint 1; they somehow managed to push through and rolled us through to the bridge indoors after CP2 held them there again and pushed them all the way back to the entrance where they stayed until the end.

Had a really good WM for those few games too, they stuck with the group on the choke points and stuff, almost like you'd expect from 76; and they were really effective. Couple of games against another with a cracking scope ratio (53% I think came up as their card), but absolutely zero effectiveness because they were so far back, and their Mercy was sticking by them so as D.Va I was just keeping the two of them completely out the game.

Love Hollywood defence as WM though, if they get on the payload, there are so many opportunities to just break up your opposition while they try to flank; but you can just cover every angle.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-10-10 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because the other team are worse?

Just so you understand this though, chances are you will lose more points overall because of this then you will gain. You got lucky because the other team was bad, but then next time some of your group (including you it seems) will think that it can work out without a tank (or with some other random hero that doesn't work).

Bastion still being picked to this day even though he gets countered by a half dozen other hero's and as long as you don't ignore him gets countered by almost everyone.
    Yeh, we were obviously better, but it's kinda baffling how much difference in skill there can be when we're the same tier xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Had really good games yesterday, all pretty close. Best one was on Dorado defence, held them in to OT on checkpoint 1; they somehow managed to push through and rolled us through to the bridge indoors after CP2 held them there again and pushed them all the way back to the entrance where they stayed until the end.

Had a really good WM for those few games too, they stuck with the group on the choke points and stuff, almost like you'd expect from 76; and they were really effective. Couple of games against another with a cracking scope ratio (53% I think came up as their card), but absolutely zero effectiveness because they were so far back, and their Mercy was sticking by them so as D.Va I was just keeping the two of them completely out the game.

Love Hollywood defence as WM though, if they get on the payload, there are so many opportunities to just break up your opposition while they try to flank; but you can just cover every angle.
    Yesterday I had the biggest comeback so far, I think xD

We returned twice from 0% - 99% to win 3:2 in the end.

One of them quit right after Victory/Defeat message. I don't blame him, must have been infuriating for them xD
    Last edited by Grishnaar; 2016-10-10 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, we were obviously better, but it's kinda baffling how much difference in skill there can be when we're the same tier xD
    Only been doing QP to get my hand back in, but I agree, even there on Saturday and even a couple of games yesterday; all red cards at the end - deserved to, even on the closer matches we actually won.

One of them quit right after Victory/Defeat message. I don't blame him, must have been infuriating for them xD
    Those are good times to be on the winning side, less so on the losing. First two rounds go one way convincingly, next two are close but go to the other - last one is so often a roll for the 'comeback' side though because the other is just so tilted.

No your really not understanding me, your given yourself to much credit by saying your team was more skilled.

Your team was bad, going in without any tanking hero is just a bad decision.

The other team was just worse.

This kind of wins are really the worst types because it gives you a sense of unjustified accomplishment where it's actually more luck then skills. Same thing happens with people that pick Bastion for example, maybe it works 3 out of 10 matches but just because it work sometimes doesn't mean it's a good choice and when it works chances are your either being carried or the other team is just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    No your really not understanding me, your given yourself to much credit by saying your team was more skilled.

This kind of wins are really the worst types because it gives you a sense of unjustified accomplishment where it's actually more luck then skills. Same thing happens with people that pick Bastion for example, maybe it works 3 out of 10 matches but just because it work sometimes doesn't mean it's a good choice and when it works chances are your either being carried or the other team is just bad.
    It working 3/10 times doesn't make it always a bad pick. It means its a bad pick 7/10 times, and you're free to switch when you recognise it's not working. That's not really any different from most of the roster.

There's a lot of variables in there, like whether someone on the other side picked a good counter, whether they actually try to counter it, and lastly whether they're actually good at that countering.

I think you may have misunderstood me.
    I'm perfectly aware that that such comps have no place in competitive games and I also don't delusion myself with thinking I'm (we're) all that

Considering our comp and their comp, it *was* truly suprising to see us win.
    That's all I meant by it

- - - Updated - - -

Those are good times to be on the winning side, less so on the losing. First two rounds go one way convincingly, next two are close but go to the other - last one is so often a roll for the 'comeback' side though because the other is just so tilted.
    Aye, that losing side feels particularly bad xD

It working 3/10 times doesn't make it always a bad pick. It means its a bad pick 7/10 times, and you're free to switch when you recognise it's not working. That's not really any different from most of the roster.

There's a lot of variables in there, like whether someone on the other side picked a good counter, whether they actually try to counter it, and lastly whether they're actually good at that countering.
    But you know if you look at what Blizzard is going to do with Sym we know that they look at the characters overall performance and not the situational ones which you seem in favor of.

symmetra is maybe the weakest hero but even she can work sometimes, just because she and others hero;s aren't completely useless doesn't mean they are right picks. Bastion is the same, just because he works sometimes does make him a good pick.

What sucks on KoTH is going down 2-0, clawing your way back to 2-2, only to be beat 3-2 anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you know if you look at what Blizzard is going to do with Sym we know that they look at the characters overall performance and not the situational ones which you seem in favor of.

symmetra is maybe the weakest hero but even she can work sometimes, just because she and others hero;s aren't completely useless doesn't mean they are right picks. Bastion is the same, just because he works sometimes does make him a good pick.
    Symmetra is kind of an extreme to be fair, she's even more niche than Bastion or Widowmaker in terms of 'making them work'. But again, she can work and that doesn't automatically make her always a 'bad pick' either.

A lot of heroes actually really excel at particular points of certain maps; which really fits in with that idea of switching according need. The issue here is players who want all their team to all be 'good' all the time, rather than swap about and be 'exceptional' in particular places. Actually, Symmetra again is a really good example, where players really do pick her for a fight 'up to a point' where they know the match will change and they have to switch.

Deleted
    I am so fucking done with this game. I went from 3050 after playing with my team what now also pretty much quit playing game to 2500 after playing soloq. Perma being at top dmg and eli with tank as reinhard and winston while rest of my time does literaly nothing. I lost over 25 games in past 3 days without any win. Perma having games with or againts premades what have no idea what are they doing. Partiing with some holg pro player what can play only pharh with 30% win ratio this game is pure joke. Dont get why we just dont have slot machine with level. I am not gonna play compettive game where i 0 controllor over outcome of my games. So back to Legue of Legends where i can actualy carry my games 1v5.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2016-10-10 at 05:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i finally got the reinhardt cute spray!
    i know its easy to get but i never play him because im not that good with him.
    managed to get back above rank 2500 in comp after the incredible loosing streak.
    ana is now becoming my favorite healer too.

also, tomorrow is tuesday, halloween and sombra leaks are everywhere and ptr is down!
    hope its something :3

Formerly known as Arafal

whats with people with 300+ hours and still dont understand the concept of not funeling through the same chokepoint when flanking is possible...

you're making me switch from rein to winst to kill the hanzo, widow and zen when we have a genji on the team...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was complimented by a 400+ level person on my Lucio skills and by some of his 200+ and 300+ friends. Feels good man

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Blizzard,

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaand now from being stuck in an evenish win some lose some, now I just CANNOT
    stop losing games.

The flying fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Aaaaaand now from being stuck in an evenish win some lose some, now I just CANNOT
    stop losing games.

The flying fuck.
    It is ok bro i was 3050 now i am 2400 since i started palying soloq. I didnt win single game. Now i even get suspended from ranked for leaving at defeate screen at the end of match for 2 hours i just cant belaive that this is happening. I haver never seen such broken compettive ranked and matchmaking system in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is ok bro i was 3050 now i am 2400 since i started palying soloq. I didnt win single game. Now i even get suspended from ranked for leaving at defeate screen at the end of match for 2 hours i just cant belaive that this is happening. I haver never seen such broken compettive ranked and matchmaking system in my life.
    Allot of it could have been fixed if you got a small bit of rank for individual performance even when you lose.

Something around the lines of looking of looking at all of the numbers and adjusted for the role but have the punishment of actually failing to be higher. So if your going and semi sabotaging the match then you will lose more rank.

Example: picking Bastion and dying every 10 secs

May not be perfect but at least you will feel less shitty when you feel you did well but still lost

10+ Year Old Account
    Allot of it could have been fixed if you got a small bit of rank for individual performance even when you lose.

Something around the lines of looking of looking at all of the numbers and adjusted for the role but have the punishment of actually failing to be higher. So if your going and semi sabotaging the match then you will lose more rank.

Example: picking Bastion and dying every 10 secs

May not be perfect but at least you will feel less shitty when you feel you did well but still lost
    I actually agree that rank shouldn't be tied to wins or losses. Performing exceptionally well on a loss should mean you gain rank (while most of your team loses, because someone was arsing things up). If you just play poorly on offense and get a win because your buddies are carrying you, you SHOULDN'T gain rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the Halloween event started, I got a perfect timing nano-boost on Ana. Hit a Reaper right before he ulted and killed five of their team.

Couldn't figure out why I didn't get the achievement for it. Then I remembered I was in the weekly brawl. Where I also found out I'm ok with Roadhog. To me, it's not about just using your hook and going for the instant kill. He's kind of like Tracer. Peek in, take your shots, peek back. Use his mid-range shot to get your damage in. Hook someone only if you know you can one-shot it (really, I play a lot of D.va, I don't know why people bother trying to hook me). Get your ult up by healing yourself. I don't know. It seems a lot of people play him too aggressively. He has no defensive abilities.