Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Didn't watch it last night. Woke up this morning to my Facebook feed filled with "OMG THOSE MODERATORS ARE BIASED FOR HILLARY!!! ARE THEY AFRAID TO LET TRUMP TELL THE TRUTH!?!?!" >.>

From the little clip that went with it Trump was going off on tangents and throwing mud. That's the main reason I didn't watch it. It's nothing more than glorified mud slinging.
    I like how it goes from "OMG TRUMP WON!" to "THE MODERATORS WERE BIASED!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    no, he used loopholes that he lobbied into creation.
    So what is the NY Times getting at, are they admitting that the political system is hopelessly corrupt? Isn't that why so many people support somebody like Trump, because they think he is a maniac that will break that system?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I like how it goes from "OMG TRUMP WON!" to "THE MODERATORS WERE BIASED!!!"
    It's after realizing that even though Trump didn't shit himself on stage it takes more than that to win a debate.

Also saw this and thought this was relevant:

Donald Trump's campaign sought to intimidate Hillary Clinton by inviting women who have accused Bill Clinton of sexual abuse to sit in the family area close to the center of Sunday night's presidential debate.

The four women planned to walk in the debate hall at the same time as the former president and confront him in front of a live television audience, according to sources close to the situation.

The plan was first reported by the Washington Post but was later confirmed by NBC News. It was thwarted moments before the event went on-air when the Commission on Presidential Debates intervened to prevent it, even threatening to get security to block the women.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/201...3481?cid=sm_fb
    Don'tcha love it when one of the candidates tries to turn the Presidential debates into some reality T.V. confrontation bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

So Hillary won the debates again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So what is the NY Times getting at, are they admitting that the political system is hopelessly corrupt? Isn't that why so many people support somebody like Trump, because they think he is a maniac that will break that system?
    it just makes sense that someone who has lobbied his way out of taxes for 40 years is going to be the one to make it so he has to pay taxes.

wait, no it doesnt. people are being played for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Comment sections seem to be in support of Trump, media for Clinton. Personally, I don't think there's been much to win, I'm halfway through and neither has even answered a question correctly yet, but boy are they going deep on the mud slinging.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Again, she didn't laugh about getting him off. http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...ghed-about-it/
    Amazing how, her doing her job as a consumate professional, in exactly the way that she shows she has the character to lead a nation is being twisted and used against her.

Sadly I have little confidence that people these days make their decisions based on verifiable facts. They would rather accept lies presented as facts simply because it supports their biased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    it just makes sense that someone who has lobbied his way out of taxes for 40 years is going to be the one to make it so he has to pay taxes.

wait, no it doesnt. people are being played for fools.
    It seems like Hillary wants to raise taxes and lower the bar on what is considered 'wealthy'. Her tax plan is going to raise the long term capital gains rate for everybody, which is really going to hurt people who prudently save and invest their money. The ultra wealthy will just offshore most of their wealth under her system, and everyone else will just end up in a situation where they are trapped under an oppressive tax structure. They might as well be establishing an international monarchy of billionaire globalists.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It seems like Hillary wants to raise taxes and lower the bar on what is considered 'wealthy'. Her tax plan is going to raise the long term capital gains rate for everybody, which is really going to hurt people who prudently save and invest their money. The ultra wealthy will just offshore most of their wealth under her system, and everyone else will just end up in a situation where they are trapped under an oppressive tax structure. They might as well be establishing an international monarchy of billionaire globalists.
    you mean like the one thats already there? and one of whom is running for president?

hmm well lets take a look
    http://taxfoundation.org/comparing-2...form-proposals

cant see where you are drawing your conclusions here, the capital gains tax is not for those who "prudently save and invest their money" since it only affects those who save for less than 6 years. you know, the market manipulators.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Well, she did get right wing scumbags to at least pretend to care about victims of sexual assault, which is kind of a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Well, she did get right wing scumbags to at least pretend to care about victims of sexual assault, which is kind of a victory.
    Either that... or the latest tape is a convenient excuse to finally dump Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I gather Clinton won but more importantly Trump stopped the hemorrhaging.
    He still didn't do a great deal to attract the undecided though with his constant attacks and dragging up Bill which people just doesn't want to hear about.
    Maybe he should focus a bit on the future.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    What this tells us is that trumps reluctance to publish his tax returns has nothing to do with his tax avoidance, so what is he hiding in those tax returns?
    Well he was hiding he paid no taxes for 18 years. God knows what else is in those returns. Maybe even claiming a reimbursement from the IRS so they pay him instead?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

I actually think Trump did fairly well here, was expecting way more stumbles or stupidity. I think, at least if you only judge this debate, he did better than Hillary it's just tough to see over the mountain of crap that came before this.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I actually think Trump did fairly well here, was expecting way more stumbles or stupidity. I think, at least if you only judge this debate, he did better than Hillary it's just tough to see over the mountain of crap that came before this.
    If you mean talking over her, lying, being rude and basically crying that everyone is unfair to him, then yes I agree he did better than Hilary in all those departments.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Deleted
    Trumps candidacy should have ended on Friday.

“When you look at Bill Clinton, mine were words, his were actions.” Tabloid fodder from a presidential contender, and what does that even mean ? a) I have the moral high ground b) nobody respects women more than I do.

According to politico, his performance met approval among Republicans "[...]including some who have been skeptical of his political abilities and qualifications.", and that's why he's still here. That mess yesterday was good enough to renew enthusiasm amid GOP voters.

Even if one doesn't expect Trump to become the next president, it's still dissapointing to read.

I thought retrospective essays about the misdirected delight people found in Trump would be making Mondays headlines, but I also thought it impossible for Trump to go the "Bill Clinton is a rapist" route. I'm Jon snowing it out of the park.

I remember thinking the debates between Obama and Romney hit a new low, I felt Romney behaved shamefully in the debates and it was nothing but soundbites and vitriolic lies, however it's nothing compared to this.

I can't believe how it's come to this, how can a "debate" to win the highest office of power in the USA be reduced to this? A proud idiot rants incoherently for an hour and a half, lies pathetically with impunity and still has supporters, because hey the other side is evil, says my guy. Is half of America really so stupendously stupid that they buy into anything he says? Or better yet, vote for him even though cant go 20 seconds without spewing hateful lies.

I think my favorite part of the debate was how trump cried that they wouldn't bring up the emails after they just brought up the emails. Literally the question it showed at the bottom of the screen was a question about the emails while he cried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I remember thinking the debates between Obama and Romney hit a new low, I felt Romney behaved shamefully in the debates and it was nothing but soundbites and vitriolic lies, however it's nothing compared to this.
    Romney was a gentleman. Especially when compared to the Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I agree trump looked to be more prepared than he was in the first debate, but he rarely addressed the questions with any real confidence and was given to almost incoherent rambling at times
    Agreed, but it really felt par for the course of the entire debate.
    I am the lucid dream