Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Watching everyone else get legendaries and hidden skins is getting pretty old, I gotta admit.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    In TBC I was a rogue in very good and active guild and we were clearing BT every week for over a year and I've never seen warglaive of azzinoth drop, not until few expansions later. So this rng isn't new to me but when some people already have 2-3 legendaries a month in expansion, you just know the system is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    In TBC I was a rogue in very good and active guild and we were clearing BT every week for over a year and I've never seen warglaive of azzinoth drop, not until few expansions later. So this rng isn't new to me but when some people already have 2-3 legendaries a month in expansion, you just know the system is broken.
    Yeah I don't mind other people getting a legendary before me for the same amount of work. But when people are getting their second, third or even forth legendary it starts to feel a bit unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    what i dont understand is why they ported over diablo loot system without the enchanter... the current system would be million times better if we could break down garbage items into materials which we could then use to add socket, tertiary, ilvls or/and change secondaries on useful items.
    They will probably add that as a feature in an update next year... thats my guess anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I think they should add a new forge/npc, call it something like... Ley Forge or whatever, make it work like Obliterum but only with soulbound items that you get in WQ, dungeons and raids, that way if you are unlucky with your drops you can just "disenchant" them in this forge and when you get 100 whatever ashes you can create an item that increases the itemlvl of any item by 5 or something, except profession items (they have obliterum), this way you can actualy work towards a goal, because...here is the thing.....

Right now the BiS gear is not from raiding...at least not the majority of items, even when Nighthold its released, there are BiS items from dungeons, because every item in dungeons can upgrade up to the actual maximum (895) so for someone to have the BiS of, for example, a relic for his artifact, he has to farm endlessly one specific dungeon in heroic/mythic and all that, hoping first for the chance of getting one item and then the chance of upgrading that item up to 895, I mean, its pure madness.
    Except they've already given a good reason why they do this. To keep heroics relevant, not everyone will be grinding their tits off trying to get the BiS but some people will always go back on the off chance it does drop, which is great because it helps to keep que times shorter, new alts get a smooth run, hopefully new players meet people who can guide them and so on and so forth

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Some guaranteed goals.

I personally liked farming currency in order to purchase some items.

while justice points were pretty boss this can be done with gold right now

however justice points were earned through dungeon running and wow gold usually doesnt in large quantities

I think a return to badge gear would be a good addition to legion

this whole legion rng system is horrible.

farming for currency n buy items > rng

I been stuck at 853 for 2 weeks.

yea my ilvl non equipped is 860, but 855 equipped. Been stuck on it for 2 weeks now, 7/7 N&H, a shit ton of mythic +'s, every emissary quest , no legendary either. Im starting to get really burned out.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    I would gain rank ******* two of Foxflower.

Been gathering in Highmountain since Legion hit, I venture outside for World Quests.

Foxflower Rank 1

Aeth, Dream, Fjarn Rank 2

Starlight Rose Rank 3

Keep in mind the ONLY time I have been in Suramar is to get Friendly for world quests and then to do world quests that pop up.

ONE MONTH I have been in High Mountain with over 3,000 Foxflower and yet every other herb has not even reached 3 stacks, nibbled plant crap WILL NOT DROP.

I have the Fox Mount from the Emmisary Chest and I swear to god if I get a Legendary before rank 2 of Foxflower I am going to be so rage fueled I am going to end up getting myself banned from the game because I wont be able to keep this BS Anger back about World of Warcraft: RNG and I will let them know what I think of their lameass system on their forums and I wont be holding back anything.
    Did you finish the Highmountain story quest chain? I couldn't get Foxflower rank 2 either, and as soon as I finished Highmountain I got it in 4 nodes.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    what i dont understand is why they ported over diablo loot system without the enchanter... the current system would be million times better if we could break down garbage items into materials which we could then use to add socket, tertiary, ilvls or/and change secondaries on useful items.
    ok but going to be pretty boring to see top guilds with perfect 895 socketed gear witihn 2 weeks and then quit because there are no possible upgrades, full perfect BiS has been obtained, now faceroll mythic+20 dungeons and mythic raids because you're overgeared for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ok but going to be pretty boring to see top guilds with perfect 895 socketed gear witihn 2 weeks and then quit because there are no possible upgrades, full perfect BiS has been obtained, now faceroll mythic+20 dungeons and mythic raids because you're overgeared for everything.
    y i guess its fair to expect blizz to screw it up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, you don't know what AP is apparently.
    AP is not really a viable answer.

That's a goal that's almost too long term. You may as well have your goal be to get to goldcap without using the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    AP is not really a viable answer.

That's a goal that's almost too long term. You may as well have your goal be to get to goldcap without using the AH.
    Right, it isn't a viable answer because it easily disproves your ridiculous claim that Legion has nothing rewarding to work towards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I started this thread a while ago and it seems like I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Really enjoyed the 100-110 experience on my first toon, and hit ~840 quickly. The remaining time I've been playing over the last handful of weeks, has just been trying to do boxes and grind out some other RNG stuff like getting hidden artifact skins (Vengeance).

I'm at the point now where my only progression is really to raid or do Mythic + dungeons. I do enjoy Mythic +, but raiding has always been really inconvenient for me as a player when it comes to schedules and stuff - so I pretty much do LFR to see the story and maybe pug normal once or twice.

I had a level 100 of every class at the start of the expansion. The only interesting end game for me is to just level more alts. See a different class hall campaign, enjoy that period of rapid character progression from 100-110, and then 110 ilevel ~760 to ~840. At that point, I just feel like I'm done with that character. It's really odd. It's almost like EVERYTHING is so RNG for progression, even drops from your Mythic+, where it's not really worth the time or effort. It's essentially pulling a lever on a slot machine.

So I think I'll definitely be playing Legion up until I have seen every class hall campaign, I find those still really compelling, and then just shelving the characters until 7.1.

Despite all of that, I still have an overall positive opinion on Legion. World Quests are great, they've kept Dungeons rewarding, the zones and stories are top-notch, etc. It's just, they still haven't been able to come up with a compelling end game structure where you feel you are properly rewarded for your effort and time. RNG is totally okay if it's coupled with a degree of deterministic goals.

My solution:

I would like to see a system like this to handle legendaries. You accumulate badges randomly. WQ can give 0-3. Bosses in... Heroic Dungeons can give 0-10. Mythic give 1-12. Mythic+ give 2-14. LFR gives 0-6. Normal gives 1-10. Mythic 2-16.

Then they can have a vendor that sells a chest at like 2000 tokens that gives you a random legendary. This way there will always be a goal in mind, but the RNG is in HOW MANY tokens you get from each boss/WQ/dungeon/raid etc.

So simple stuff like WQ/H Dungeons... you might not get a token every time, but you're doing them more often so you'll still see stuff from that content. But higher level stuff you'll always get 1-2 per kill. Even if you're unlucky, you're still moving towards that goal. But if you're lucky, you're just moving FASTER towards that goal.

This way, there's at least some degree of hope left in people who feel "unlucky". But if you're lucky it just slightly speeds up the process rather than flat out getting a BiS item that drastically alters your power.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2016-10-10 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    The second they mentioned this system for legendaries i switched over to the Diablo 3 view of them.

That to be at all useful you'll need at least a specific one, and likely multiple specific ones to be useful whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    while justice points were pretty boss this can be done with gold right now

however justice points were earned through dungeon running and wow gold usually doesnt in large quantities

I think a return to badge gear would be a good addition to legion
    too much crap relies on gold.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Then climb Mythic+ to get to 10, guaranteed Ilvl 880 piece at the end of the week.
    and yet again, get a RANDOM piece of gear from that chest lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

• Gearing up then you hit an RNG wall with getting a legendary.
    and then the RNG within the RNG of getting a legendary that is actually useful.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Right, it isn't a viable answer because it easily disproves your ridiculous claim that Legion has nothing rewarding to work towards.
    I already made a post about this but I'll do it again just for your conveneince

AP "Grind" while a constant is paced in such a manner where it's impossible to really use as an effective measure of keeping one motivated constantly. It's one thing when you can get a few items out of a hundred for a step in a Legendary quest, but it's another thing when you're getting a 1k AP and your next Artifact trait needs 100k , with your weapon mostly being done and all that's left are the leftovers before you have to wait for the AK to catch up.

In other words, It's a game of putting a microscopic drop into a lake sized pale. While it does fit the strict definition, the practicality of having it serve as a constant carrot on a stick is limited when it's meant to be done over the life span of an entire expansion. What's gonna keep people subbed for the next patch?

It's the Guild Wars 2 problem-all their goals are either "an afternoon jaunt" or "A lifetime investment" You need a healthy middle-ground to serve as staying power to keep people here from patch to patch.