Expel Harm - low level spell

Hey,

So last night I was bored and thought I'd dig out an old lvl 28 brewmaster alt that I'd not touched since Legion came out and do some easy tanking...

Obviously, at that level, there's a lot less in your rotation.

However, Expel Harm was there - a level 26 spell. It draws on your healing spheres to heal you and do some damage to your enemies. Now, I might be missing something but as far as I can tell, you actually generate healing sphere's only from Gift of the Ox - which is a level 40 spell? Is there some other way of getting them?

So, Expel Harm is actually completely unusable until level 40 anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    So, Expel Harm is actually completely unusable until level 40 anyway?

yes, exactly

Crikey - how did that make it through QA? Surely someone must've said at some point 'Erm Guys - we're given them this spell at level 26, but not the resources to use it until level 40? How about we just give them the spell at level 40 as well?'

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they should have switched that up. GotO at 26 and EH at 40.

It's not the first time they've put a monk spell at a dumb level. Detonate Chi was level 64 which I believe was the same level as the healing sphere ability but its intended use was for the mastery healing spheres which you wouldn't get until 78. Not that it was ever a good spell to begin with, but until 78 it was even more useless as a result - drop three spheres (costs mana), blow up those same spheres (costs more mana and a gcd)... or you could've just spam dropped those same three spheres on the target who actually needed the healing within a 1.5 second period, used less mana and less gcds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crikey - how did that make it through QA? Surely someone must've said at some point 'Erm Guys - we're given them this spell at level 26, but not the resources to use it until level 40? How about we just give them the spell at level 40 as well?'
    They should have put orbs at 26 and EH at 40. This just shows you how much Blizz pays attention to the class..
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess its left over from when expel harm was a completely different ability and didn't rely on spheres. Still pretty silly that this made it through any kind of testing.

Deleted
    I think they should have switched that up. GotO at 26 and EH at 40.
    Yeah totally agree with this... I think they will change it in future, as soon as end-content-balancing is in a better place^^

There are other examples like that.. like I believe a ret paladin gets templar's verdict before being able to generate holy power.

But it doesn't last 16 levels..

Let's say low class balancing is not their priority, but you should report the bug.