Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pretty sure everyone just hates mana tap with a blinding passion and it isn't ahead of RE by a large enough margin to deal with how awful it plays and having to manage an additional thing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Backdraft is simply better.

It's not even the case of BD being a bit better with realistic gear while simply being much easier to effectively use as it has almost no constraints whatsoever and a price of failure is small, compared to where a single fuckup with RB can wipe out a big chunk of output.

I'm not even talking about subjective stuff like gameplay with BD being more fun and less frustrating as you are both not artificially limited in when to use Conflag and get to cast spells faster eliminating much of the issue with Destruction feeling slow due to all that hard casting of otherwise slow spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pretty sure everyone just hates mana tap with a blinding passion and it isn't ahead of RE by a large enough margin to deal with how awful it plays and having to manage an additional thing.
    Well, it might be awful, but if it's better, it's better. It's just a matter of min-max. I'm pretty sure that if there wasn't the negative aspect of loosing health while tapping, all top warlocks would use it, no matter how they feel about it. And rank hunters propably will use it after the content is easy enough to clear with a little bit more healing required.

Quote Originally Posted by Treen View Post
    From my point of view, there are two valid reasons:
    1) It is actually true, that BD should sim higher than RB. If yours don't, than u're doing smthn wrong.
    2) Movement is a huge factor in terms of caster dps. Movement on mythendra is highly predictable and thats why it is better to use BD over RB. You can just setup DR and conflag on the movement without any problems, while with RB, you simply HAVE to use conflags at the right time, otherwise u're gonna cap confla stacks or loose in the potential of RB.

As for mana tap (strygs answer) than it's very simple. No taping = no hp loss. There is nothing else to it. Even if mana tap simmed equal with reverse entropy, it would still be better, since it's more instants in your rotation, meaning lower dps loss on movement. Everyone wants to reduce the damage taken on progress as much as possible and switching to mana tap on farm is just not worth it, because it has such a huge impact on your rotation and noone would be comfortable with it after hours and hours of progression with reverse entropy.

Hope this explains it. Never trust anyone, that someone on top didn't do smthn, because he is lazy. The min-max is crazy on top levels of raiding.
    This actually no quite true... Mana Tap dont burn you mana that fast, so dont make you use Life Tap that much either, there is a miss conception with the talent. You can easily use MT 3 times and still had enough mana for cast spells for another minute... I play with RB, MT, GoSac and CDF, and for movement is quite more easy having instants and dots that spell with 1-1.5s of cast time, you actually lose less DPS if dont have the luxury of a good lactancy, or some graphic spikes coming into for any reason.

Now, with GoSac, i think the problem with the sims comes in some problems in the proc formula... With impish incineration, Demonic Power proc actually do more damage that the Fireball of the permanent Imp, and a some point with high haste, it can be truth that Demonic Power procs more times for minutes then Fireballs the imp can cast. Now, Grimore: Imp should do more damage then regular imp, but just for 25s, so, im guessing it would be some 17-18 spells casted... If the Demonic Power procs more times that both imps cast by minute, then there is the reason why in sims GoSac do more DPS that GoServ... Also, i dont actually know if Imps Fireball is tight to GCD too... This is speculative tho, but that is my guess.

@Treen wouldn't hold my breath, it's not really about losing health at all from my experience. It's just absolutely terrible to use on fights. Shooting Cb's off at incredibly slow speeds as well as having to spend a significant portion of your GCD's on both mana and life tap over the course of the fight means you miss a lot of opportunities to get damage in if you're wanting to get its full benefit. This is only going to get worse as we get more gear and adds die faster.

Personally the only fight I bothered with mana tap was ilgynoth before the change, since it was all about bursting in that 50 second window.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treen View Post
    Well, it might be awful, but if it's better, it's better. It's just a matter of min-max. I'm pretty sure that if there wasn't the negative aspect of loosing health while tapping, all top warlocks would use it, no matter how they feel about it. And rank hunters propably will use it after the content is easy enough to clear with a little bit more healing required.
    The problem is, it's not THAT better. Plus, with Reverse Entropy you just are a Healer's best friend (we do have after all the record of absorbs, and at least in my raid I'm always the less damaged char), but if you change to Mana Tap you're the little inconvinient dps who is losing life all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    The problem is, it's not THAT better. Plus, with Reverse Entropy you just are a Healer's best friend (we do have after all the record of absorbs, and at least in my raid I'm always the less damaged char), but if you change to Mana Tap you're the little inconvinient dps who is losing life all the time.
    Isn't that what i said?

- - - Updated - - -

@Treen wouldn't hold my breath, it's not really about losing health at all from my experience. It's just absolutely terrible to use on fights. Shooting Cb's off at incredibly slow speeds as well as having to spend a significant portion of your GCD's on both mana and life tap over the course of the fight means you miss a lot of opportunities to get damage in if you're wanting to get its full benefit. This is only going to get worse as we get more gear and adds die faster.

Personally the only fight I bothered with mana tap was ilgynoth before the change, since it was all about bursting in that 50 second window.
    I can definitely agree on that. But at worst, it's situational. And i still believe, that it WILL be ranking higher later on. But.. only time will tell.

Deleted
    My No-Legendary bad luck protection finally kicked in and I got the Havoc Cape, first post still lists it as being a ST dps increase to take Wreak Havoc, but I think people were arguing against that a few pages back.

Is there a consensus on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Is there a consensus on it?
    Nope, but sim it for yourself if you want. Though I'm not sure if the sim is set up to recognize the cape + wreak havoc. I'd make sure to check that the sim is maintaining havoc with the cape and wh talented.

When I napkin mathed it it should be a small increase in the range of like 2% to use WH on st with the cape, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Nope, but sim it for yourself if you want. Though I'm not sure if the sim is set up to recognize the cape + wreak havoc. I'd make sure to check that the sim is maintaining havoc with the cape and wh talented.

When I napkin mathed it it should be a small increase in the range of like 2% to use WH on st with the cape, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.
    Darn. Might mess around with simc tomorrow then, my shallow browsing of logs seems to have people trying both options and doing well, so it's probably minor either way. Interesting item though, curious as to if playing WH on ST will feel like it helps smooth out movement (not that it really feels too bad with the artifact charges).

Tempted to start fishing for the demo bracers now but I'm worried my greed will bite me in the arse.

The destro bracers and belt are so ludicrously strong and synergize together that I'd be hard pressed to fish for demo bracers before getting them if you plan to mostly play destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gief plx, I got the bloody belt, but not the bracers. 1/6 chance to get it next go go.

My only criticism of the bracers is that they don't ignore CC'd targets, so there's always a risk if you're using CC on something in a mythic+ unless you drag the kill targets 30 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    My only criticism of the bracers is that they don't ignore CC'd targets, so there's always a risk if you're using CC on something in a mythic+ unless you drag the kill targets 30 yards away.
    They also like to shoot other players in PvP when you're attacking a mob. Poor 101 priest never knew what hit him.

The CC thing is annoying, some tank bitched at me in a +2 for breaking his imprison on a very easy pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Gief plx, I got the bloody belt, but not the bracers. 1/6 chance to get it next go go.
    Well lucky you, at least you have one ;p. My guildie has 3 since he benefited from the bug, still got 0 myself.

/bitter

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Problem is easily fixed by having a 2nd set of bracers in your backpack... Though the only time I got into this problem is the last packs in NL+, this scorpion is a powerhouse ._.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Darn. Might mess around with simc tomorrow then, my shallow browsing of logs seems to have people trying both options and doing well, so it's probably minor either way. Interesting item though, curious as to if playing WH on ST will feel like it helps smooth out movement (not that it really feels too bad with the artifact charges).

Tempted to start fishing for the demo bracers now but I'm worried my greed will bite me in the arse.
    That was always my plan: to get a destro item and then fish for the Demo bracers.

And while it's a smaller dps increase on single target than we may have hoped for, I'd imagine the cape on any fight with more than one target would be just fantastic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Still have 0 so shush.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I was wondering...

What's the most effective way to use the Artifiact Rift in a ST boss fight during the opener? Am I better off using all three in one go, or am I better melding them in over time during a trinket proc? How is that spell affected by stats etc? Any help would be awesome.

As there isn't a list in the main guide has anyone done some work on the strength of relics (traits)? Icy Veins has:

Chaotic Instability for Chaos Bolt damage
    Burning Hunger for Immolate criticals and shard generation
    Residual Flames for Immolate damage
    Soulsnatcher for shard refunds
    Fire and the Flames for Incinerate cast speed
    Incinerate damage from Master of Disaster
    Any other damage relic
    Any defensive relic

Is this roughly accurate? Is there anything major missing? At the moment I still have 2 RoF boosts, yay!