Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Meh they need to shoot those people and BLM also if they riot.
    if they attack police, sure (or if they are escaping after committing a felony)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    if they attack police, sure (or if they are escaping after committing a felony)
    No no, you don't understand, those BLM people disagree with him therefore they don't have rights and should be just shot on the spot. It's really fun to watch racists make BLM's argument for them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    it is a very good way of fighting for anybody, because it puts people on more equal ground. and it minimizes physical damage to yourself and them. big guys are more easily thrown off balance, and might be a little slower when fighting on their feet. being smaller & more flexible it is easier for me to slip out of holds. So there are pros and cons for everyone.

but if i tried to punch somebody bigger i would not do much damage, and they would keep me at bay easily. a good kick would send me clear across the room. so grappling is the only way to stay close enough to do anything.
    How much do you weigh and how tall are you? What kind of training do you have? I'm about 5'10 and weigh 160 lbs but I can still beat a lot of bigger people as I'm used to fighting, I've been training muay thai for about 10 years by now. Most people seem to just freeze up or don't know what to do in a situation which gets violent since they are not used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    She shouldn't be a police officer. Simple as that.
    100% agreed, and it has nothing to do with her being female (for me). It has to do with her being incapable of dealing with an assailant without shooting him. Especially with 2 other officers on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    How much do you weigh and how tall are you? What kind of training do you have? I'm about 5'10 and weigh 160 lbs but I can still beat a lot of bigger people as I'm used to fighting, I've been training muay thai for about 10 years by now. Most people seem to just freeze up or don't know what to do in a situation which gets violent since they are not used to it.
    i have had law enforcement training, i am 5'0" and weigh usually about 120. (sometimes i gain or lose some.) i also know a little bit of shuai jiao (which a lot of LE programs borrow from anyways). being so small there was a lot of doubt about me so they wanted to make sure i could handle myself in a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    100% agreed, and it has nothing to do with her being female (for me). It has to do with her being incapable of dealing with an assailant without shooting him. Especially with 2 other officers on the scene.
    Here is a link to the Chicago PD uniform code: http://directives.chicagopolice.org/...67860afa9.html

Interestingly, a "taser" or some kind of "non lethal stun weapon" is not actually listed. Guns are. Mace is. Batons are.

Cops get beat up sometimes. That's how the job goes. Done come home and passive-aggressively whine about how you couldn't get the job done because you were worried about the scrutiny your department would get if you shot the guy. Just suck it up, say the guy got the better of you and move on. Only the media gives a shit why you didn't shoot.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its like you are detached from reality

not
    following
    orders
    is
    the
    biggest
    cause
    of
    threat
    creation
    towards
    the
    officer
    have these people considered not partaking in behavior that warrants a police visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She should've shot the guy, I don't think many of us care about the repercussions.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicago-...eaten/1543015/

CHICAGO -- A Chicago police officer who is hospitalized after she was severely beaten said she was afraid to use her gun because of the scrutiny she would have faced, Supt. Eddie Johnson said.

On Wednesday morning, police responded to a car crash at Roosevelt and Cicero on the city's West Side where officers encountered a man that police allege was violent and under the influence of drugs.

Three officers were hospitalized in the incident. One officer who was severely beaten told Supt. Johnson she was afraid for her life and afraid to use lethal force with all of the attention on the police department's previous actions and fatal incidents.

"She thought she was going to die. She knew that she should shoot this guy, but she chose not to, because she didn't want her family or the department to have to go through the scrutiny the next day on national news," Supt. Johnson said.

A nearby business captured surveillance video of the incident. The owner didn't see the incident firsthand, but saw how the incident unfolded on the surveillance video.

"It is terrible. It is total disregard for law enforcement. They put their lives forward every day for us and to see somebody do this, to pummel the police officer is terrible. It is a terrible thing," business owner Louie Rainone said.
    That's sad, what's even sadder is I am sure people defended it saying "well at least no one died"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I hope she makes a speedy recovery but how can 3 officers not subdue one suspect? Drugs, contrary to what people think, do not turn you into the hulk or a trained fighter.
    Depending on the drug they make you completely immune to pain and gives the bad guy incredible strength.

OT: Hopefully she recovers well.

The fact that this is the trend of our country is sad.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I'm 6'5, 250 and I CAN take a taser shot and still advance fairly well. I can NOT take 2 taser shots though lol woo not volunteering for that ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    From reports it sounds like the suspect was high on PCP. If that's true, it explains why three officers had trouble restraining him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I hope she makes a speedy recovery but how can 3 officers not subdue one suspect? Drugs, contrary to what people think, do not turn you into the hulk or a trained fighter.
    Seems like a lack of training is the case here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Seems like a lack of training is the case here.
    If the report was true about him being high on PCP then your statement is incorrect.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's pretty fucked up when law enforcement can't do their job because racists will riot and the media will stir it up even more.
    your police force is just incompetent and poorly trained, compared to all other police forces in the industrilized world. 3 police officers get hospitalized arresting one drugged up man?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    your police force is just incompetent and poorly trained, compared to all other police forces in the industrilized world. 3 police officers get hospitalized arresting one drugged up man?
    do you understand the effects of pcp on the human body if not maybe you should shut your mouth
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    do you understand the effects of pcp on the human body if not maybe you should shut your mouth
    Ah the ol' PCP makes you into an unstoppable monster that increases your strength 10 fold and makes you immune to any and all pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the ol' PCP makes you into an unstoppable monster that increases your strength 10 fold and makes you immune to any and all pain.
    What would be amusing to see is you and two friends being tasked with taking on a guy the same size as the bad guy in the OP, who is high on PCP, and see if you could do it with just your ninja skills and Tasers. Would be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    What would be amusing to see is you and two friends being tasked with taking on a guy the same size as the bad guy in the OP, who is high on PCP, and see if you could do it with just your ninja skills and Tasers. Would be interesting.
    I don't have ninja skills nor do I own a taser. Never even claimed I could do it. As I said previously, I'm sure it's difficult but it's not impossible seeing as they were able to y'know actually subdue the guy with 2 officers? They're supposed to have training for these take downs, not me. Perfectly fine for me to question what happened that 1 officer was beaten when the articles made it sound like it was 3v1. Apparently it was 1v1 (male on female), she gets overpowered and then two male officers step in and overtake him with apparently relative ease since they weren't beaten bloody.

I'm all for discussing the effects of PCP but I'd like to move away from the myth that its this super drug that turns you into the Hulk. Rage from PCP isn't even that common and more people are subdued on PCP than are killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have ninja skills nor do I own a taser. Never even claimed I could do it. As I said previously, I'm sure it's difficult but it's not impossible seeing as they were able to y'know actually subdue the guy with 2 officers? They're supposed to have training for these take downs, not me. Perfectly fine for me to question what happened that 1 officer was beaten when the articles made it sound like it was 3v1. Apparently it was 1v1 (male on female), she gets overpowered and then two male officers step in and overtake him with apparently relative ease since they weren't beaten bloody.

I'm all for discussing the effects of PCP but I'd like to move away from the myth that its this super drug that turns you into the Hulk. Rage from PCP isn't even that common and more people are subdued on PCP than are killed.
    That they are but everyone reacts differently to these drugs and there are plenty of documented cases of drug users doing insane shit because they don't feel pain etc.

I understand that in a perfect world that cops should be able to take everyone down no problem what so ever. But what happens when all non lethal options don't work (Tasers, bean bags, etc) and the guy is much much bigger than the responding officers? What are their options then?

Why is it that officers are expected to get beat to death or shot by the bad guy before they are justified in using lethal force?

I fully agree that not every crime everyone does warrants death. But where is that line drawn? Yeah a person may have been only stealing a bike or being verbally abusive or (inset non violent crime here) but when they refuse to listen and begin to attack police what is supposed to happen? What should the cops do?

I'm trained quite well in self defense and how to take someone down. I can tell you that trying to subdue someone without killing them is INCREDIBLY difficult with even two or three guys helping out. Especially if you are trying to do without injury to the officer.

The cops here are in a lose lose situation. I feel for em.

Just like the two cops that were killed over the weekend in Palm Springs. Both officers were afraid of the backlash if they shot and killed this ARMED black guy and now both are dead.

Is that the point we want our police force at? Where they are afraid to take down even an armed suspect because they don't want the backlash at themselves or their department?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Is that the point we want our police force at? Where they are afraid to take down even an armed suspect because they don't want the backlash at themselves or their department?
    No, trust me if the cops need to kill a person I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If this officer had shot the guy while he was pounding down on her, I'd not have a problem with it. But when it was all said and done, everyone lived and one officer got banged up. Saying after the fact that you wish you had shot him doesn't do anything but keep fanning the flames of the us vs. them hatred that's so prevalent in the media.

And personally, having a father who is an officer who on more than one occasion came home with cuts, bruises and bloodied knuckles from apprehending suspects I think its perfectly reasonable to expect officers to get banged up every now and then if it means they can apprehend someone alive. If their life is truly in danger then fire away but a tough take down and the potential of getting some bruises doesn't scream "life threatening" to me. For this female officer it truly was life threatening but she failed to act, and other officers came in and handled it in a non-lethal matter. What's done is done.