Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    You want to play a nost-clone. You are not forming a rational argument. I am asking for you to form one.
    You are accusing me of saying things I have never said. I outright said that a positive of legacy servers would be that Blizzard would have the capability to progress through vanilla naturally like it did back in the day, but when I said that you said that it'd be too much work.

He is part of a loud crowd on these servers. They decry any changes to the Nost-clone model. Any changes that Nostalrius has chosen to made is acceptable, but any other changes that Nostalrius chooses not to make is horrible. They say they want Blizzlike (because 30 min runs two weeks after Nef first kill is everyone's memory of vanilla), but what they really want is Nostlike.

Why is this kind of belief system detrimental to WoW? Because, instead of advocating for difficult and mysterious dungeons, or a world full of immersion, or a character that elicits roleplay, or a decision system that is taken everywhere (the list could go on and on), they ask for petty things, such as exact health pools on skipped trash and Chinese gold farmers.
    Why is everyone freaking out and saying I want a nost clone? Where did I ever say that? Am I going insane or something?

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    Why is everyone freaking out and saying I want a nost clone? Where did I ever say that? Am I going insane or something?
    Nah long history in this thread of it being a running theme about nost and how they should be the ones to handle Vanilla/Legacy and what they are doing is the only/right way.

If i have miscopied your words, please let me know. I have no intention of making you look like an idiot with anything but your own words.
    Okay.

"Nostalrius is your idea of a legacy server"

I never said that, I just said that nost's popularity is a sign that people want to play vanilla. It's the closest thing we have to being able to play vanilla in 2016, and the popularity of something that attempts to emulate the original vanilla experience is a sign that people would like to play the real thing.

"why argue for a Nost-clone."

I'm not, for some reason you think I went on a rant about how legacy servers should be like nost.

" You are arguing against changing the health on trash mobs in a dungeon that most people skip."

What are you even talking about? When I have EVER said anything about that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happens at Blizzcon we are getting a legit legacy server or Nos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Whatever happens at Blizzcon we are getting a legit legacy server or Nos.
    And if Nost set up somewhere stupid again then it will be shut down faster than the speed of light. I'm all for them setting up again despite the petulant threat/ultimatum issued on their site but at least do it somewhere where you are not gonna be hit with a C&D. Russia if I recall is where quite a few legacy ones are set up?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-10 at 02:27 PM.

Nah, there's no chance they start it up again.
    At most they will endorse an existing server and pass them the character db in the background.
    (It won't be the most popular either, there is a history of bad blood since before their respective launches, the second most popular one would be my guess :P )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And if Nost set up somewhere stupid again then it will be shut down faster than the speed of light. I'm all for them setting up again despite the petulant threat/ultimatum issued on their site but at least do it somewhere where you are not gonna be hit with a C&D. Russia if I recall is where quite a few legacy ones are set up?
    Well if they are making the glorious comeback, i very much doubt they'll maker the same mistake twice. It must be Russia or Ukraine they'll be looking at.

If Nost comes back i wonder where that leaves Crestfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Well if they are making the glorious comeback, i very much doubt they'll maker the same mistake twice. It must be Russia or Ukraine they'll be looking at.

If Nost comes back i wonder where that leaves Crestfall.
    Well I don't mind them coming back. Just their "do something or we will" attitude towards it. They could have at least had patience until Blizzcon.

Well I don't mind them coming back. Just their "do something or we will" attitude towards it. They could have at least had patience until Blizzcon.
    What if they were promissed something during their meetings with blizz? I dont know but its certainly a possibility right?

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    What if they were promissed something during their meetings with blizz? I dont know but its certainly a possibility right?
    Extremely doubt they were or they would have said. They wouldn't make a promise because a lot can change over time. Possibility yes but very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Someone needs to make a thread of how many people want to actually go back to playing 8 hour days to keep up with raids vs. how many people just want to try vanilla because of nostalgia hype.
    We have a thread. This one. Also there are some people who legitimately want to play it for no hype reasons. I myself would love to give it a go but personally would like a Wrath/Cata server eventually.

even if blizzard did legacy servers(which i doubt)
    this blizzcon would be too soon to announce them anyway.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Extremely doubt they were or they would have said. They wouldn't make a promise because a lot can change over time. Possibility yes but very unlikely.
    If any promisse was made, nostalrius couldn't have just told it, didn't they sign a NDA or something similar? I think i remember they saying something related.

Also, i find it weird that out of nowhere they come to public with this veiled threat like this, it's not within the behaviour pattern they've been having since the meeting.

Not knowing for a fact obviously, it really seems to me that they delivered all that was asked from them and came out of those reunions with some kind of compromise that something was going to be done regarding legacy. Maybe my impression is correct, and they just lost their patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    even if blizzard did legacy servers(which i doubt)
    this blizzcon would be too soon to announce them anyway.
    I agree. Too much development on Legion going on for future patches as well as wanting to keep the focus on their current games. Hearthstone will probably have a new expansion, Heroes and Overwatch no clue, Diablo seems to be getting hyped up ready for it's 20 year anniversary and Starcraft must have something big coming since they haven't said what Virtual Ticket holders get for SC2 as a reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i mean the thing is Vanilla had no alternative, people were in it for the long haul because there was no alternative. I doubt many people who are want vanilla servers would make it up to BWL these days given it takes about 15 days played to get to 60 if you do it quick let alone get the RNG for the fire resist gear it takes to clear MC.
    Guild Wars, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Runescape and list goes on. There were popular alternatives at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    If any promisse was made, nostalrius couldn't have just told it, didn't they sign a NDA or something similar? I think i remember they saying something related.

Also, i find it weird that out of nowhere they come to public with this veiled threat like this, it's not within the behaviour pattern they've been having since the meeting.

Not knowing for a fact obviously, it really seems to me that they delivered all that was asked from them and came out of those reunions with some kind of compromise that something was going to be done regarding legacy. Maybe my impression is correct, and they just lost their patience.
    They will have made them sign an NDA on some things but again I highly doubt Blizzard promised something because they really aren't known for it. They will state intentions but never promise because a lot can change in their design ideas and development.

I agree. Too much development on Legion going on for future patches as well as wanting to keep the focus on their current games. Hearthstone will probably have a new expansion, Heroes and Overwatch no clue, Diablo seems to be getting hyped up ready for it's 20 year anniversary and Starcraft must have something big coming since they haven't said what Virtual Ticket holders get for SC2 as a reward.
    they would have to set everything up. redo the code for modern times and to work with their battle.net launcher.
    its too soon.

its like announcing a game before you even start making it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Alternative games sure, most of them had the same issues and smaller communities.
    Smaller but still very large communities. Runescape always had a community alongside wow, Guild Wars was just starting up, Everquest had died down a bit but still there and DAoC you had to look I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    they would have to set everything up. redo the code for modern times and to work with their battle.net launcher.
    its too soon.

its like announcing a game before you even start making it.
    Well setting it up for modern battle.net isn't a major issue since according to the launcher files they seem to be doing it for Warcraft 3. The problem is they have to redevelop minor patches and hotfix ones since according to them they don't have that anymore. Also I doubt they would change the file type to CASC over MPQ since older games can handle it and their intent is to implement older games into the Battle.net App eventually.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-10 at 04:47 PM.

okay i'll admit runescape still has a relatively thriving community but it's gameplay is severly lacking compared to WoWs. Everquest is pretty much dead unless you have enough friends who are willing to invest hundreds of hours or already have and DAoC is dead dead, unless their servers are still up?. Guild wars 2 is still pretty fun but lacks end game content outside of pvp, though i haven't played heart of thorns.
    Nono. I meant at the time Vanilla came out. Not today . The games I listed still had thriving communities back then is what I meant.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-10 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad I kinda mean't in the fact that the time i spent in wow in vanilla has kinda paid off considering most of those games are dead.

I still think most of what i said stands except for DAoC cause i never played it. There was also that shortlived warhammer mmo that was supposed to kill wow
    While RS isn't the powerhouse it was a decade ago, it still has a healthy amount of players it seems. Though it kinda makes me wonder about the future of RS, when a third to a fourth of the player-base prefers a ±10 year old version (OSRS) above the current day one (RS3).