Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people had the initial kneejerk Pandas reaction.

Once people got into the expansion, a lot of people really enjoyed it, but some could not get past the theme/pandaren, and 14 months of Orcs was harsh for the orc haters.

Personally, Legion > MoP = LK > Cataclysm > WoD > Classic >>> TBC. I'm ecstatic with Legion and hope they keep it going well. Once WoD was out, I never though they'd top LK/MoP.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

People who dislike MoP don't realize expansion content exists after 5.0. 5.1, 5.2, and 5.4 were all incredible patches. 5.3 was pretty great if you were Horde, and it was the first time Blizzard really tried to experiment with public world events, which eventually evolved into the Legion world quest system. MoP also introduced scenario technology, flex raiding, personal loot, and the proto-model for the Class Halls (Farmville -> Garrisons -> Class Halls) and Artifact leveling system (Expansion long legendary gem+cape questline progression) we have now. It really did a lot for the game.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2016-10-10 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The drunk bunnies and evil carrots and other nonsensical things like that killed the game for plenty of people
    Of course we've never had anything that absurd before. Kobolds crying about their candles, murlocs being fish people making gurgling noises, goblins and gnomes existing, Maximillian of Northshire, the entire content of "Welcome to the Machine", none of that is at all nonsensical.
    It's a fantasy game full of cow men fighting space goats.

Worst to best. WOD > CATA > MOP > (WOTLK >= Vanilla >= TBC)

I'm not putting legion on that yet because i don't know where it will land. Will it be as good as WOTLK? I'm not sure yet. I will say this. Wotlk, Bc, and Van where all amazing in there own way and offered quite a bit each. I was young during vanilla, and even early BC. I never got to experience it all, but from my memories i would deff put them before WOD and CATA. MOP was actually okay. PVP wise it had a few good seasons. I played hunter and retard knight only, and just messed around in world pvp and rbgs because i was busy in the Marine Corps and i couldn't put real time into it. I will respect the Malevolent Season though. The end of MOP was a disaster PVP wise and the only good raid was ToT, SOO was kinda nice but i wasn't a fan. It was simple mechanics. Looking at WOD, HFC was the only good raid, and it was a bit too easy though. BRF was kinda boring, Highmaul was neat though.

I give wotlk a lot of props because of how much i played it. It had tons of content, it lacked world PVP which is big for me, i know other people cringe at that. WOD could have been better than MOP if they actually put time into PVP and stopped trying to get people who literally wanted nothing to do with it do it.

I hate when people link PVP achievements from WOD to get entrance into RBGs or a 2200 3s recruitment. I remember watching warlocks backpeddle with 2400+ cr in 2s and 3s.

The roots of this game and even the story is heavy with PVP, and people hate it so much.

I really want to see time walking ZG(60).

Hated the theme and story that blended into everything from the leveling to zones, factions, raids etc. It's hard to enjoy playing when you hate that stuff so much. The content was ok-ish but not amazing on top of that so it doesn't save the rating
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-10-10 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Because they're knee jerking on Pandaren.
    Pretty much this. Angsty teens are too insecure to enjoy it.
    Anyone who actually played through MoP knows it was awesome expac. Tarnished only by fucking around forever in SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists?
    Honest answer? For me, it was because they made me fight my Warchief. I don't think he did anything wrong. I really don't. His allies didn't like his tactics, so they started to turn on him so he kicked them out. So, in my limited RPness, I caused hundreds of LFR wipes in SoO. #TrueHorde
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

so much edge here. i am surprised no one got cut.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was too cutesy. It did introduce some awesome design concepts - like flex raiding - but the expansion as a whole was just very uninteresting.

I get it - some people liked it. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not everyone is going to like what you liked.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Honest answer? For me, it was because they made me fight my Warchief. I don't think he did anything wrong. I really don't. His allies didn't like his tactics, so they started to turn on him so he kicked them out. So, in my limited RPness, I caused hundreds of LFR wipes in SoO. #TrueHorde
    these kind of people still exist?
    i thought they all left
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    I skipped Pandaland and quit Casualysm after 2 Weeks.

From Best to Worst: TBC > Vanilla> WotLK > Legion > WoD > Casualysm > Pandaland

10+ Year Old Account
    It was likely 2nd worst before WoD came out.

Personally there were only a handful of things I actually liked about it. The questing and zones were the best they'd been at the time. The mechanics of fights were really fun. The story of the revolt and siege (plus that patch with krasarang wilds content, that was enjoyable).

Nothing else was really enjoyable. Didn't care for most of the gear ascetics, nor the weapons with goo and eyes all over them. None of the non-orc enemies were particularly engaging (except the sha, but that was overshadowed by Pandaren). None of the mounts held any interest to me, barring the expensive Yak that I still don't have. It also sucked that they changed the valor gear to be gated, not just by time running dungeons or instanced content, but also reps and daily grinds upon daily grinds (as opposed to how it had been for TBC, Wrath and Cata).

If the carrot turned into moose shit, would you still chase it for fun?

I'd say WoD is by far the worst, but it'd be a close call between MoP and Cata. Cata beating MoP by at least keeping me playing until the end.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Well... many of you dig the asian look of the game, for me MoP is the worst expansion for the following reason but as many of you know everyone has different taste and ideas.

First, it was a huge detour from the main framework of the universe of warcraft, yes, pandaren existed in the lore but doesnt justify a whole expansion dedicated to them, there are other content that deserved a whole expansion instead, with a better story, those are, Azshara and emerald nightmare, both could lead to the point we are now.

its no secret that the game has been decreasing the difficult and amount of skill (or we are pro as hell), well MoP was the crown of the jewel in that, this game is an rpg, as many rpg in the world you need time and dedication for every character to be trully unique, the dungeons and raids were a joke... but blizzard needed pandaland to catch people eyes after cataclysm let everyone down in the end.

this is my point of view of MoP and i have mixed feelings for WoD

Deleted
    I personally am addicted to the chinese martial arts theme. I have seen a lot of oldschool chinese martial arts movies.
    The hate comes probably from the pandas.

I think Cata=WoD in terms of quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    you clearly didnt play tbc
    actually i did, its #3

MoP was good content wise, but the pandas and horribly forced chinese theme just ruined it in a lot of ways.

Theme and story matters to me. Pandaria was by far the least interesting story arc. Therefore it was my least favorite expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    I skipped Pandaland and quit Casualysm after 2 Weeks.

From Best to Worst: TBC > Vanilla> WotLK > Legion > WoD > Casualysm > Pandaland
    you skipped an expansion but still rate it?
    what?

Formerly known as Arafal

Mists to me was the second best expansion next to Wrath.

There were alot of glaring issues, the early introduction of what would become RNG based titan/warforged gear (creeping in from the edge of Cataclysm) and other gimmicky bullshit that became tedious such as the sheer amount of farming dailies for progression.

But Mists had something about it, im not an asian fan, I honestly hate asian themed continents and stories because of how niche they are. But mists was surpisingly dark for such a light hearted expansion, and honestly brought a refreshing breath of fresh air to the setting, it added something "new" that fit into wow with a bit of difficulty at first, but felt fluid by the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    No idea, why anyone would call MoP the 2nd worst xpac, when WoD and WotLK are clearly both worse...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/