Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Achieving something isn't something universal, in that it depends what you logged on to do.
    You can if you really want log on to manage your auctions and log off 5 minutes later having achieved just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Time played =/= hardcore. You wouldn't consider someone who plays 6 hours a day just walking around, exploring and catching battle pets because they're cute to be a hardcore WoW player would you?

Anyway, an hour or two a night. More on days off, depending on how into my latest alt I am.
    I'd consider them to be hardcore in that field of WoW gameplay. I don't know how some of the pet battle people do it, but they seem to dedicate ALL their wow time to battling pets, learning abilities and counter combos and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    you can't just play for like 15 minutes any more.
    There was no point in WoW's history that you could play "15 minutes" and get anything of significance done. Maybe back in WOTLK in late 3.3.5, you could steamroll a random heroic in 15 minutes, given that you get an instant queue pop, but outside of that, with only 15 minutes you could only do maybe 1-2 quests or dick around on the AH or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    When I'm at college (9:00-17:00) I play around 5-6 hours.

When I'm not at college I play anywhere between 12-17 hours. But that'll get lower and lower the less there is to do. Currently doing emissary quests, leveling and roleplay. Just hit 110 on my demon hunter today so leveling is coming off that list for a while to prevent burnout.

3 hours is not hardcore. Anything below 6 is casual.

If I was casual I'd probably spend an hour and a half on emissary quests and quit.

Since launch I've been online on my main 33% of the time.

12 days 7hrs played at 110 in the 41 days legion has been out. Plus 10 hours for leveling That's about 7 and a half hours per day on average. But I've already cleared mythic EN so I haven't been playing a lot last week.

Lately I've been finding myself logging in for 15 to 30 mins before I get bored. There is plenty to do I just don't find that I care anymore.

Right now 3+ almost every day, Legion has me pretty hooked. But I'm sure it will taper off to maintenance dailies, some M+ and raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Hardcore wouldn't be the right term if you think of hardcore as raiding or pvp, but in that field of gameplay (exploring/battlepets, it would be hardcore.
    I think in my train of thought, it's more about their immediate dedication to their cause. Like, sure, if that person was spending 8 hours a day catching pets for the sole purpose of training and battling them, sure I'd consider that person a hardcore pet battler. But if they're online for 8 hours while spending most of their time chatting and intentionally getting lost in Diremaul solo or catching pets just to give them cute names, I don't think I'd call them hardcore anything, aside from having lots of free time.

Anyway, I probably worded my original post a little too matter-of-fact when it's obviously subjective.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

At the start of legion, 3-4 hours a day. Right now, im lucky to even feel like playing a hour.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Time played =/= hardcore. You wouldn't consider someone who plays 6 hours a day just walking around, exploring and catching battle pets because they're cute to be a hardcore WoW player would you?

Anyway, an hour or two a night. More on days off, depending on how into my latest alt I am.
    hardcore wow player =/= hardcore raider

playing wow 12 hours a day, catching pets, exploring, completing achievements vs 3 hours 4 nights a week...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Work day 2-3 hrs but I'm pretty zonked
    Off day, on and off all day 8+
    This is also me. After a day of work I'd like to sit down and not worry about anything else so I zone out while playing wow and listening to music/ watching movies.

My friend hasn't left his room since legion, yet it's the only game I've ever rage quit. Ah Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    What I've come to find out is that the people who usually play the most, are the super "casual" people.
    The LFR running, achievement getting, pet-battling mount farmers are the ones who clock the most hours on their 12 main characters.
    I've heard this said before but I've never really encountered it. The only time I ever personally knew people who no-lifed the game was during Naxx progression in Vanilla. Since MoP my main has followed my alts to the same casual guild they've been in for years (no raiding, we're just doing M+ as progression this expac) and there are people in my guild who aren't even 110 on a single char yet and that includes people with well over 20k achi points.

Usually 4-5 hours a day if possible if not only 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I think you mean to say you work for 4,5 hours every day? Then you play for 9-10 hours. You sleep 8 hours, I assume, which leaves you with 2,5-3,5 hours of time a day for anything else, which includes getting up, getting to and from your work, preparing and eating 3 meals, doing housework, socializing, toilet visits, grocery shopping, keeping up with news (surfing internet, maybe some social media stuff), etc. You can't have pets or kids, or a significant other, as you wouldn't be able to fit in the time to do anything with them.

I don't buy it.
    get up at 8-9, shower, get brekafast, log in. log off at 12.15, go to work. get off at between 16-17. shop on the way home. log in at 17.30 go to bed at 00.30. thats most days. ofc if i have to go to dinnerparties and other stuff i dont spend nearly as many hours online. but early expansion i prioritize wow.
    and no i dont have pets or kids, or a significant other.

Deleted
    When i was a hardcore wow player (bc, wotlk, cata) i played 12hours a day min. Sometimes i played more then 24hours up to 72hours using amphetamin. Wow was my life cause i sucked in real life university. Hardcore means hardcore i guess... go 4 it
    Now i changed my lifestyle, got a nice job and play some hours a week in max. Sometimes these days i play 1 hour in a month. I am a real casual now. Only 1 or 2 times a year i use drugs again and play 24hours pvp. Then i remember the old days.. but i am glad they are over.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 4-5 hours on a weekday, about 15 hours on a weekend :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

For the first ~15 days of the expansion, I literally played 16 hours a day every day. That was starting to affect my mental health though and I felt like shit all the time, so I cut back. Now I'm down to a much more reasonable ~10-14 hours day depending on what I feel like.

about 3-4 hours on normal days and about 6-7 over the course of a day during raid days.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least 5 hours a day, unless something unexpected occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.