Brewmaster monk class fantasy is brilliant

As my character's alcoholism reaches greater heights, I wish I were dead more and more.

I'm left grasping at straws, trying to hold on every time I perform this complex rotation of "press that button that isn't on cooldown".

Never before have I felt like pressing a button has no consequence or benefit much like an alcoholic views another shot.

And the best part is I can blame everyone else for anything that goes wrong because I have so little control over every situation.

Incredible. Bravo Blizzard.

Are you joking or being sarcastic?

Brewmaster is hella fun right now and viable in both M+ and Raids (sadly not the best go to Tank -ahem Warriors) but we hold our own.

Are you mad that we have a relatively high learning curve?

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post

Brewmaster is hella fun right now and viable in both M+ and Raids (sadly not the best go to Tank -ahem Warriors) but we hold our own.

Learning curve? What learning curve? There's nothing to learn. Energy as a resource is mostly irrelevant, unless you're silly enough to run out when keg smash comes up.

Stagger is piss easy to manage in the vast majority of situations. You have no mitigation to speak of outside of it, so all you do is press the button that most recently came off of CD.

The only tricky situation is when you need immediate AoE threat, but that's mild preparation which comes from knowing the fight/dungeon/raid/whatever. I feel like I'm back in TBC with the flow of this spec.

The only mildly interesting thing about Brewmaster right now is how the healing orbs work.

I would love to see a glyph for BrM that changes RJW from green to the Ox Sphere yellow and instead of feathers it has bubbles in it - like a Whirl wind of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Learning curve? What learning curve? There's nothing to learn. Energy as a resource is mostly irrelevant, unless you're silly enough to run out when keg smash comes up.

Stagger is piss easy to manage in the vast majority of situations. You have no mitigation to speak of outside of it, so all you do is press the button that most recently came off of CD.

The only tricky situation is when you need immediate AoE threat, but that's mild preparation which comes from knowing the fight/dungeon/raid/whatever. I feel like I'm back in TBC with the flow of this spec.
    Yay finally someone that sees the truth! Brewmaster isnt hard at all, its just a bad/boring design atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbao View Post
    I would love to see a glyph for BrM that changes RJW from green to the Ox Sphere yellow and instead of feathers it has bubbles in it - like a Whirl wind of beer.
    Kind of on the same subject, I want to see one that changess it to Red Crane like Jade Lightning, also expand that to SCK.

Green and yellow don't match my transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post

They are viable, just not as viable as literally every other tank in the game.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They are viable, just not as viable as literally every other tank in the game.
    Stagger is a very powerful mechanic, but you take almost 100% damage from everything because you can't afford to chain purify. You're not squishy in the sense that you don't get insta'd, but you're squishy in the sense that the overall damage you take is unreasonably high because Stagger just chews through your health bar without much chance of knocking back the damage you take.

Honestly all I think it would take to fix Brewmaster, or at least significantly improve it is to add Guard back on a 1min CD, costs ~40 energy, converts a large portion of your stagger damage into a shield and spinning crane kick so you can always have some form of AoE threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caspyy View Post
    Yay finally someone that sees the truth! Brewmaster isnt hard at all, its just a bad/boring design atm.
    Which is a shame because it used to be my favourite tank spec by far :[

10+ Year Old Account
    Stagger is a very powerful mechanic, but you take almost 100% damage from everything because you can't afford to chain purify. You're not squishy in the sense that you don't get insta'd, but you're squishy in the sense that the overall damage you take is unreasonably high because Stagger just chews through your health bar without much chance of knocking back the damage you take.

Honestly all I think it would take to fix Brewmaster, or at least significantly improve it is to add Guard back on a 1min CD, costs ~40 energy, converts a large portion of your stagger damage into a shield and spinning crane kick so you can always have some form of AoE threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is a shame because it used to be my favourite tank spec by far :[
    I would like to see the Legendary ability that they have that makes Purify heal you for 25% of the stagger damage to be baseline.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I would like to see the Legendary ability that they have that makes Purify heal you for 25% of the stagger damage to be baseline.
    It would be very nice, even if it were a golden trait it'd be better than the stupid dodge on purifying brew. Only problem I see is people who have the legendary might complain since it'd have to be changed, or it may be kind of ridiculous if the effect stacked (because then we're back to 100% (50% purify 50% heal) purify except you can stagger significantly more damage than previous expansions).

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be very nice, even if it were a golden trait it'd be better than the stupid dodge on purifying brew. Only problem I see is people who have the legendary might complain since it'd have to be changed, or it may be kind of ridiculous if the effect stacked (because then we're back to 100% (50% purify 50% heal) purify except you can stagger significantly more damage than previous expansions).
    They won't complain if the Legendary buffs it up to 40%, also, it won't be a true 100% purify since the 40% heal will be over heal majority of the time.

They won't complain if the Legendary buffs it up to 40%, also, it won't be a true 100% purify since the 40% heal will be over heal majority of the time.
    True, I keep tossing it over in my head, trying to see if that'd be balanced or not, but honestly I think it'd be fine if it were 40% without the legendary in the first place because Guardian Druids get Frenzied Regen on top of a huge pile of other mitigation.

Take 2 mil damage w/ 80% stagger = 400k instant, 1.6mil over 10 seconds
    Purify 1.6mil = 800k
    40% of 800k = 320k heal

So from a 2mil damage spike which you IB and PB, you take 80k direct damage and 800k stagger over 10 seconds

That's honestly really fair to me, considering the resources you expend for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, I keep tossing it over in my head, trying to see if that'd be balanced or not, but honestly I think it'd be fine if it were 40% without the legendary in the first place because Guardian Druids get Frenzied Regen on top of a huge pile of other mitigation.

Take 2 mil damage w/ 80% stagger = 400k instant, 1.6mil over 10 seconds
    Purify 1.6mil = 800k
    40% of 800k = 320k heal

So from a 2mil damage spike which you IB and PB, you take 80k direct damage and 800k stagger over 10 seconds

That's honestly really fair to me, considering the resources you expend for it.
    Yep, that heal is in no way game breaking or OP. It'll heal for less than 1 melee hit from a boss.

What's the point of this thread again? It started off like you were bashing the spec but now it sounds like you're singing its praises.

It's almost like a claas/spec can be fun and have strengths while also having inherent flaws and weaknesses or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    What's the point of this thread again? It started off like you were bashing the spec but now it sounds like you're singing its praises.

It's almost like a claas/spec can be fun and have strengths while also having inherent flaws and weaknesses or something.
    .. wait are you being sarcastic or are you unable to follow the flow of their conversation? They are merely suggesting and assessing how the PB healing as baseline won't be neither OP or harm the spec in any way. I've wanted that as baseline since they sampled it as a tier set during Soo however it might be better off as a HoT healing so it won't overheal us - thus more smoothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post

Premise of this thread: Currently, Brewmaster is an abysmal spec.
    Discussion of this thread: There is potential for it to be as fun and strong.

I don't see how that's hard to follow.