Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    People were selling carries back in Vanilla for MC, BWL and so on. It's been here since the start. It's just more advertised now.
    This.

We used to send someone to Org to spam when we got near domo to sell the Anathema/Benediction drop if we weren't already lugging like 3-4 paid carries through.

Irony: Guys in here defending selling runs......but get mad when LFR gets anything better than dungeon blues.....

Well that's what trade chat is for

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Final nail in the coffin. Extremelmy high cost raid supplies. High cost to get into a raid. Mythic Dungeon group finder excludes everyone but those looking for to pay for the run.

Every last casual that paid for this expansion is already heading out the door. By the time Karazahn gets here these parasites will make sure no one gets to see it.

Good job Blizzard for not paying attention!
    "I'm broke I'm bad I have no friends It's not my fault" the post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Final nail in the coffin. Extremelmy high cost raid supplies. High cost to get into a raid. Mythic Dungeon group finder excludes everyone but those looking for to pay for the run.

Every last casual that paid for this expansion is already heading out the door. By the time Karazahn gets here these parasites will make sure no one gets to see it.

Good job Blizzard for not paying attention!
    stop that nonsense. how many nails does a coffin need huh? btw, if you REALLY want to raid you just have to put a bit of effort into the game. Blizzard actually did a good job of making farming matter again, instead of WOD where you got everything just for free. You can get pots and flasks with a bit of farming, you don't even need pots for hc content.
    Sure. Casuals maybe don't want to spend time on farming much. But mythic isn't for casual players.

Deleted
    There is a simple rule for boosting.
    PvE boosting is ok.
    PvP boosting is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Breaking News: MMOC poster bashes common sense of other MMOC poster as unnatural. (Not so) Shocking development.

Later Tonight: How to justify illegal behaviors, game exploitation and mechanics abuse while looking like a proper white knight.

And yeah ofc I take offense in people pissing on the game that I play. Ofc I take offense when half the playerbase if not more prefers to take the easy way out and pay to play instead of choosing proper social interaction and promoting the mmo spirit.

You are offended that Im offended? Well Im offended that you re offended that Im offended. Now its your turn to be even more offended that Im offended that you re offended that Im offended and so on and so forth. Because obviously its better to run in circles than actually admit that there is a problem that is killing the game.
    Uh, except I never said I was offended, just that I was questioning your reasoning for giving a shit, and your accusation of being unable to simply continue playing how you want to play and not get caught up on people making decision of their own accord. I also want a source on the illegality of using in game currency to garner an ingame advantage.

That's really all it is. I just don't get why you give a shit. Acting like you can't play how you want regardless is simply untrue. What does common sense have to do with it? Why do you decide what people are allowed to find joy in? Why do you think your methods are decent and not theirs. How were Ethics removed from mmos when this was near always a factor?

I'm just questioning the logic of your post is all. Don't try to find emotions in my post that isn't there. It's purely rational. I don't care about you or what you decide to do or feel at the end of the day. I'm just curious about how you rationalize your opinion. Don't plug offended into everything as it's purely an assumption.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2016-10-11 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Uhhh..a TINY detail OP forgot to mention in his rant. Are you on OPs realm that you know? I have yet to see any carry to be advertised for real money....
    A lot of them are for real money. They don't advertise it as such because the accounts doing the advertising will immediately be banned, but most of them are level one characters spamming Trade Chat with an AFK message telling you to send them a message on Skype, because Blizzard will only ban accounts with chat logs talking about the real money transaction so they're careful not to talk about it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I think this is driven by a combination of things:

1. Consumables are expensive and hard to get again, giving raiders a reason to farm gold.
    2. You can buy gold in the game now.
    3. There are so many dps who are refusing to re-roll tank or healer, and just hoping that they get lucky by getting into a good guild/making friends with the right tank/depending on Blizz to fix it somehow. As is inevitable, many are getting left behind and can't progress normally, so they buy a carry.
    4. Blizz made it harder to have alt specs or alts.
    5. With the rise of mythics and mythic+, there's a lot of pressure on the tank in each run. A lot of people run from the pressure, so you're seeing very few tanks in group finder. It's funny because the dps who are desperately waiting for a tank are then quick to flame the guy who steps up and tries to do it. This is also related to the unforgiving design of mythic+, where one fail by the tank can lead to total failure (unlike a raid, where it just means, "Well let's try again").
    5 applies to tank and heal really. I have no issue healing VoW+7 with overflowing and bolstering to 2 chests, but trying to pug a +4 or +5 group is usually an exercise in chaining mana pots on cooldown since a) dps don't like to interrupt or stun at all and b) they expect the tank to pull irrespective of healer mana.

I do admit though that it feels wrong that I burn upwards of 20k gold on a progress raid evening, just from prepots flasks and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    If anything, trade channel would be used for what it is supposed to be used: trading. Be it consumables, services or whatever, instead of the daily load of asinine crap not limited to anal jokes and Thunderfury spam.
    For the first time in nearly 2 expansions /2 is being used almost only for trade and not random banter and shitposting.

And people want to complain about it lol.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Better these spammers than gold sellers to be honest.

There is nothing that can be put in place to stop it.

Deleted
    And what's the issue? They are literally selling for €100-150 for a personal loot Emerald Nightmare HC clear. If you're that big of a turd to pay that for a chance at some pixels, then more power to the carries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Selling carrys are damaging to the game because it screws up the server demographics and brings along perverse incentives.
    It screws up demographics? How? By only having rich kids on your server and not a balanced representation of society?

Christ man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by demapples22 View Post
    In this case the supply came before the demand so the blame should be shifted.
    No, it doesn't have to be shifted. Supply can only be sustained if there's a demand for it, otherwise it tapers off.
    If I have an unending supply of steaming turds, but no one to sell it to, I'm not going to continue my business in steaming turds and I'll look at other opportunities. In WoW, there aren't many other opportunities.

There's a supply of a specific service because there's a market for it. I applaud guilds and these online "businesses" for exploiting that demand.

There is a tremendous amount of gold in the economy. Once it dries up a little (you can see it almost 1:1 by observing token prices), the carries will be way less lucrative. Same with an farming, once you don't need to do it anymore (February), m+ carries will subside. Raid carries have always been around and always will be. If you don't like them, don't buy them, same with any other services in real life.

There have always been "carries". I made multiple hundreds of thousands of gold back in TBC by "carrying" raiders to 2.2k for shoulders/weapons (yes we did do account sharing tho), we also sold teams with high rating where people just had to play 10 games to get arena points.

Heck, even back in Vanilla when we did Naxx/AQ40 we did BWL carry runs since 5-10 of us could clear the place on our own, and there was still maybe 2-3 items worth running the place for, where as everything else had zero value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    There is a tremendous amount of gold in the economy. Once it dries up a little (you can see it almost 1:1 by observing token prices), the carries will be way less lucrative. Same with an farming, once you don't need to do it anymore (February), m+ carries will subside. Raid carries have always been around and always will be. If you don't like them, don't buy them, same with any other services in real life.
    This is not true. Loads of casuals/people with limited time will give a day worth of their salary for getting carried ingame for gear. Gold prices on multiple websites are so cheap it's really not "efficient" to farm ingame gold. In theory you are much better off working an additional shift and buying gold, than making it ingame. I personally work 40-50 hours a week and can't be bothered to worry about gold, especially when 100k is so cheap.

Deleted
    I think its no problem. Sure they are annoying and everyone tries to make gold that way... but i think its not against the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    Better these spammers than gold sellers to be honest.

There is nothing that can be put in place to stop it.
    I religiously report every time I see one and doesn't seem to matter.

I bumped into a group of spammers on the steps of the Mage Tower in SW and seriously considered logging a Horde toon to burn them.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Uhhh..a TINY detail OP forgot to mention in his rant. Are you on OPs realm that you know? I have yet to see any carry to be advertised for real money....
    So I am not allowed to talk about my experience from my realm? Is the OP realm the only one that matters? Wait, are you talking about your realm? How are you allowed to and nobody else is?

Folks and their High pop, High progression servers and their First world problems. Out in middle america servers(not literal), no carries are being sold, hell we only had 2 groups selling moose runs and only 1 group that briefly sold Challenge mode runs. So whatever imaginary problem this creates, it's seems to be limited to pretty much the higher end servers, which the best I can tell, has always had such things

Every time I see a post that says "This has been going on since vanilla" I can't help but roll my eyes every time. How to spot someone who started playing in MoP.

So please by all means keep pretending you don't understand what I say all the while saying you don't care because God forbid caring is a sign of weakness on the internet and you are ever so tough and smart and all else big and bad behind your screen.
    All I said is that I have no emotional attachment to the subject. What's your problem?

So please by all means keep pretending you don't understand what I say

I'm sorry people think differently than you. I'm sure you never encountered an opinion that conflicted with your own that seemed rational and well argued. If someone did have a dissenting opinion they were probably just a "tough guy" who was wasn't being serious when they announced that they had a different view than you.

If you have a logical argument, feel free to share it. All this "stop acting like a tough guy, how can you think differently than me, you're obviously pulling my leg if you think differently than me, I'm so right that I can't believe somebody doesn't comprehend the shit I pull out of my ass" is just posturing. It's worthless to the actual discussion, is presumptuous on your part, and accomplishes nothing but an attempt to make your self feel better when that should be completely removed from conversation.

The more people getting carried for whatever reason = the more people that are not around to play with randoms. So this leaves random players who were stupid enough to play as intended without a player pool to choose from.
    They also would rather play the game a different way than the way you wish to play. People who wish to pvp are also removed from the potential LFG pool but that is not "illegal". You may scoff and call that example hyperbole, but I see your example of people who wish to pay their way through content being potential raiders as just as preposterous.

As for needing quotes of what is legal and what is illegal well you was born with a brain and cognitive abilities for a reason there. You don't put your hand in a naked flame because you will get burned. There is no specific written law about it or well there is during 21st century because apparently there are too many like you will get burned otherwise.
    This is less an argument and more of an attempt to try and make me seem stupid while not putting forth any logical reasoning. Just because you take issue with it does not mean it's illegal. You should understand that your opinion and view of carries is not shared by everyone so your confidence in going as far to call it illegal purely because of your own strong feelings is meaningless.

Again, I just want reasoning. If you put forth actual points to argue, I'd be happy to discuss them. All this "you're dumb, fuck you man, you're so stupid, stop being a tough guy" serves no purpose in a discussion. It's a fallacy with the sole purpose being for the user to feel good about themselves when personal satisfaction should not be the goal of discussion. Make a blog post if you're looking to force an opinion instead of sharing and arguing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.