Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, I turned in a quest for Obliterium, or either one of my professions(barely keep track, herb/alc) and the quest took the 850 crafted bracers I was wearing and destroyed them. This happened like a week ago. Good stuff. Other than that, I'm loving the xpak. /vent

Go farm the herbs
    Still obviously ignoring that you're handing 20k gold worth of potions to a vendor for a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    But you're not making the potions "for him". You're helping him calibrate equipment by crafting the potions. At no point, not even when you hand in the quest, does he say that he's going to keep them. He merely suggests crafting potions as the best way to calibrate the equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, "farm herbs", that's exactly what i did, this is not about spending 28k for nothing, this is about being cheated out of 28k profit WITHOUT ANY SORT OF NOTICE
    You remind me if a teenager stamping their feet. If you can't handle this, I bet you have trouble handling a lot of other stuff in the game as well. You even complained others weren't complaining before you. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    1. Not sure what the problem is. That you're not guaranteed to get the loot that you want?

2. Considering that you make him the potions, it's easy to assume that you wont get them back.
    If a questgiver asks you to bring him the head of someone, do you get to keep the head aswell?

3. Probably because they're adults and dont think it's that big of a problem.
    People are just used to being able to try weekly for the loot they want.. Not once every 3 months.. I personally don't care but I understand the complaint.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have used quest-only material-types so you don't get quest remorse. They do it with some of the gathering world quests so just stretch that out.

Pick up 80 x Fjarnskaggl Petals or something.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

1. Not sure what the problem is. That you're not guaranteed to get the loot that you want?

2. Considering that you make him the potions, it's easy to assume that you wont get them back.
    If a questgiver asks you to bring him the head of someone, do you get to keep the head aswell?

3. Probably because they're adults and dont think it's that big of a problem.
    1. The issue is that the piece if BiS. And there are no other chances to get it before it becomes outclassed. This creates a very large and real rift between those who get it and those who do not in terms of performance.

2. That's not the point. This isn't interesting, it isn't engaging, it's "Hey piss away gold" and that's shitty design. My JC quest had me run to the ends of the world collecting rare gems, not hand him 25 rings.

3. Bullshit. People complain they can't get 100% of all content without doing normal raids for 80 pages, and this gets no attention. "They're adults" is a load.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubwo View Post
    You remind me if a teenager stamping their feet. If you can't handle this, I bet you have trouble handling a lot of other stuff in the game as well. You even complained others weren't complaining before you. LOL
    Stamping his feet. All he is saying is that the quest doesn't say... or even imply that you would be handing over these potions, he wants you to test apparatus that is used for exact measuring of liquid quantities, doesn't for one minute make me think he was going to go on a potion bender like none the like anyone has ever seen with my potions. When I did blacksmithing, putting the armour on a rack and giving it away is implied by the statements in the quest that i would be handing it over for inspection, shit I deliberately put it on an armour rack so he could see it, giving me prior knowledge that i would be losing those items.

Seems like you see someone disgruntled with how a quest is completed and jump down their throats with less reason than they have complaining that a quest did a thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) so i killed withered j'im this week like everybody else. Didn't get the trinket (which is best in slot for my class, and i imagine for several classes), used a bonus roll, still didn't get it. Now, at every other point in wow's history, this wouldn't have been a problem, as i would just kill him again next week. But now, thanks to the world boss rotation, i will have to wait 3 fucking months for my next try. This is bullshit. I think it would be a better system to have all bosses active all the time, but you can only get loot from one of them per week.

2) the final fucking alchemy quest. "Yeah craft some potions worth 28.000 gold to test the equipment. Yeah, now hand them to me. What? Why are you complaining? Giving me these potions is obviously a vital part of the calibration."
    Whoever came up with this shit should be fired. Who in their right mind thinks that this is acceptable. It's not even mentioned in the quest. You just hand it in and poof, all your potions are gone.

3) and this makes me even more mad than 2. I googled a bit, and there seems to be only 1 instance of anyone actually complaining about that fucking quest. It's a tiny thread with maybe 5 or 6 replies, and 2 people even have the fucking audacity to defend that bullshit. Why are there not more people complaining about that? People rage over all kind of shit, but not this?

I'm done i think. Yeah, useless thread, close it or whatever.
    Nobody is complaining because if you're in the alchemy market, you're having 100s of thousands of gold coming in per day on the correct server.

It's all part of the game, and you either go through with it or you don't. Most of us don't care because it's a new game to us and we're too busy enjoying it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    1. The issue is that the piece if BiS. And there are no other chances to get it before it becomes outclassed. This creates a very large and real rift between those who get it and those who do not in terms of performance.

2. That's not the point. This isn't interesting, it isn't engaging, it's "Hey piss away gold" and that's shitty design. My JC quest had me run to the ends of the world collecting rare gems, not hand him 25 rings.

3. Bullshit. People complain they can't get 100% of all content without doing normal raids for 80 pages, and this gets no attention. "They're adults" is a load.
    1. I had several BIS items never drop to me for several months either during other expansions and tiers. It's a non-issue.

2. He's complaining that he's losing gold... wich he isnt.

3. Not sure what people complaining over normal raids have anything to do about this. We're talking about profession quests right now.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-10-10 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    80 starlight rose - 11,200g
    80 aethril - 440g
    80 fjarnskaggl - 4,720g
    80 foxflower - 3,920g
    these prices are a made up can of bullshit.
    and in 7.1 even worth less

Incorrect, you are now ignoring opportunity cost. In base mat prices the potions consist of: (based off a ROUNDED DOWN cost from my server)
    80 aethril - 440g
    80 fjarnskaggl - 4,720g
    80 foxflower - 3,920g

for him to sell the raw mats he made into potions and gave away (which I have done) is 20,280g from a low balled price from my OCE server. To say it "costs nothing but time to farm" is incorrect, it actually cost him 20,280 gold to complete this quest that he received 18g back for completing.

This quest, and similarly the Obliterum forge quest, you waste money just to complete these quests.
    its called an investment into furthering your profession.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    People are just used to being able to try weekly for the loot they want.. Not once every 3 months.. I personally don't care but I understand the complaint.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. This isn't a big deal for me personally but a 3 month rotation on a boss that drops well optimised pieces of loot is a terrible idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    im more angry at the quest in dalaran where u have to hand in all diff types of gear to complete, i searched the AH for the gear and they were all going for like 20k each....so i still havent done the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Going rate on Nagrand. maybe its less on your server, the only reason aethril is so low is because there is like 10k on the AH and no one buys it. Or did you think it was 11k per starlight rose?

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    its called an investment into furthering your profession.
    Still doesn't ignore opportunity cost where the guy said "it's free"

The pots stung for like a day, then I had more, so nbd. Your #1 can be seen as annoying but, What bis these days when every thing can uproll? The 860 isnt bis when it can uproll to 895.

- - - Updated - - -

In years past he would have another shot next reset, now its however long until Jim is back up as the weekly world boss. Its a bit of a bummer.

- - - Updated - - -

But you're not making the potions "for him". You're helping him calibrate equipment by crafting the potions. At no point, not even when you hand in the quest, does he say that he's going to keep them. He merely suggests crafting potions as the best way to calibrate the equipment.
    Maybe the pots we made him were dog shit because the station was not yet properly calibrated and him kept them for safety.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The most fun I had in wow so far was rushing in early legion trying to complete my obilterum forge and finish alchemy questline before anyone else. It was fun feeling like racing against the server. Now that feeling is gone and im feeling a little burn out but it was worth it. While doing the questline I was like wow this kinda sucks but a part of me enjoyed it also since it was progressing on profession in some way thankfully I had herb + sky golem.

Incorrect, you are now ignoring opportunity cost. In base mat prices the potions consist of: (based off a ROUNDED DOWN cost from my server)
    80 aethril - 440g
    80 fjarnskaggl - 4,720g
    80 foxflower - 3,920g

for him to sell the raw mats he made into potions and gave away (which I have done) is 20,280g from a low balled price from my OCE server. To say it "costs nothing but time to farm" is incorrect, it actually cost him 20,280 gold to complete this quest that he received 18g back for completing.

This quest, and similarly the Obliterum forge quest, you waste money just to complete these quests.
    And the ability to make more pots and eventually flasks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    10g to 1k. I just half-assed a number as an example.
    I'd be fine with this, at least give me a chance at some of my gold back.

My preference would be to have anytime you do not get loot from a raid boss or coin, give me a stat rune instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post

The gold was not "pissed away" he, I assume went on to learn new potions and eventually flasks. I donked off the 80 potions or w/e, and a week later I had ~500k g from selling flasks, totally over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Not really, maybe on your server but on mine thats about right. Also, it isnt 7.1 yet.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

1) so i killed withered j'im this week like everybody else. Didn't get the trinket (which is best in slot for my class, and i imagine for several classes), used a bonus roll, still didn't get it. Now, at every other point in wow's history, this wouldn't have been a problem, as i would just kill him again next week. But now, thanks to the world boss rotation, i will have to wait 3 fucking months for my next try. This is bullshit. I think it would be a better system to have all bosses active all the time, but you can only get loot from one of them per week.

2) the final fucking alchemy quest. "Yeah craft some potions worth 28.000 gold to test the equipment. Yeah, now hand them to me. What? Why are you complaining? Giving me these potions is obviously a vital part of the calibration."
    Whoever came up with this shit should be fired. Who in their right mind thinks that this is acceptable. It's not even mentioned in the quest. You just hand it in and poof, all your potions are gone.

3) and this makes me even more mad than 2. I googled a bit, and there seems to be only 1 instance of anyone actually complaining about that fucking quest. It's a tiny thread with maybe 5 or 6 replies, and 2 people even have the fucking audacity to defend that bullshit. Why are there not more people complaining about that? People rage over all kind of shit, but not this?

I'm done i think. Yeah, useless thread, close it or whatever.
    By how many dps is that trinket BiS? 2k, if that? It's not like its some huge outlier, like HFC Soul Capacitor or something like that...

Players complained profs were too easy and short in WoD. Blizzard took that to mean players wanted them to be hugely stupidly expensive and grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    im more angry at the quest in dalaran where u have to hand in all diff types of gear to complete, i searched the AH for the gear and they were all going for like 20k each....so i still havent done the quest.
    I haven't done it either because obliterum prices go slowly towards worthlessness, so it's purely OCD reason if someone completes this quest now. At least you can make some money back from alchemy.

the only reason aethril is so low is because there is like 10k on the AH and no one buys it.
    Everyone tries to farm up the elusive rank 3 Aethril and then finds out nothing of worth is crafted out of it... I think I'm just gonna mill the lot.