Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because "hurr durr pandas". People can't see past one added race that you don't have to play.
    Pretty much this.

"wtf, pandas? this is bullshit! talking pandas do not fit in a game filled with talking cows, talking wolves, talking corpses, talking spacegoats, cartoony gnomes and dwarves, and gay elves!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You must really hate Legion.
    On the contrary. No Asian music, ugly gear, or fat pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    On the contrary. No Asian music, ugly gear, or fat pandas.
    "To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others."

Just wanted to point this out, I like the quote. (not picking on you Legion Fan, just using your post.)

The comment just goes to show how everyone has an opinion, and the thread title is based off of people on one side of it. There are just as many people who say it was a great expansion.....imagine that.

I didn't like the Panda theme. Looking back on it it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Probably because WoD was complete dog shit, and Legion only marginally better.

Deleted
    Well, I'm one of those persons who really dislike MoP although I liked the theme and pandas.

Grinding the first three fracs to revered for to more to grind wasn't that fun. The first two raid tiers were kinda meh (at least for me) and since I'm a raiding person the game kinda died for me in MoP (unsubbed for the first time in 14 years ). I did like SoO though and the last PvP season was kinda fun too.

12 pages later.. its all about personnal opinion me i enjoyed mop the music wich is a big part for me to really get in , the zones were the best , pvp was retarded but nice, liked the farm and rep grinds , only down side was 5man beeing way to easy. In the end its all about personnal choices no one got the absolute answer cause there isnt.

I'm a little biased in the answer since I played since Vanilla. People who started in WoTLK or Cata may have taken it a little differently. I'll attempt to explain why players came to hate the theme.

It's mostly the Pandaren that caused it I think. What also really hurt was that some of the original concept art had them as "fit", their passives was bouncy, food buff, and they were Asian: Kung Fu Panda. There are many reasons why Pandaren can't be linked to it. I don't believe Blizz based them entirely off that. I think their original concept just had some sync to it and Blizz ran a little with idea sometime into development. Blizz left so much ease for players to interpret the connection that they would naturally link these two despite not having more data than that. It comes off as a joke to players since it seems childish and gimmicky. Lemming effect of players would just exaggerate it even further. Talking cows are in the game, yes, but they aren't fat and still give some kind of intimidating vibe. Is there logic on how it's just an in-game model and this sort of thinking is retarded? Of course, but this is the majority playerbase.

The theme itself seemed a bit out of place, but not because of the Chinese dynasty theme alone. It felt out of sync because there is some sort of theme and vibe to the Warcraft expansions before. It was very polished in most areas, not many areas had that dark war-torn feel to it. It was a zone that was very bright and warming, but not in the sense of barrens/tauren area. It's hard to explain for me, but I think the Native American feel gives it a sense of nature and early development of a society that seemed to fit the horde so well. Yes, Tauren and Native Americans have a long history, but the lack of finely chiseled structures and uniform stone roads still give it that feel. It's pretty hypocritical since NE areas have a lot of Japanese references and a pristine forest area with it, yet people would find it more familiar than Pandaria. Gilneas and the Goblin zone felt they belonged, despite the joke that Worgen females became, simply because of a dark war-torn theme.

I think in the end the theme it got more hate than it deserved, but it still feels a little out of place. The hate from the playerbase just has a compounding effect. It's actually very well done in terms of aesthetic, theme, and lore. It just seems a little "fuck it, drop the island in" from Blizz. Seeing Garrosh on the island wasn't really meshing. Still miles better than WoD in terms of just gameplay though.

PS: If you're going to explain how it does have "X", please don't. I'm explaining why it feels out of place despite reasonable thinking saying otherwise. The result and why the playerbase began to hate MoP what I posted, not convince them to change their decisions about MoP. Want to change the majority of the playerbase bias?
    Last edited by Andriokz; 2016-10-11 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If it was me I'd say beacuse pandas and weeb theme. I don't play the FF shit for a reason.
    Weeb theme? Its a chinese inspiration not Japanese. Also, in a game with giant cows and talking lawn gnomes, Ill never understand people hating on the Pandaren.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most don't say mop is 2nd worst. The consensus has been (BC/Wrath/Legion) for 1-2-3 best, and that order is different for each person's preference, with mop after that, then *cata* (which was atrocious), and then wod for worst. So Cata and then Wod are almost always the worst for most people, with mop a notch above those 2, and then then a big jump to the other 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    "To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others."

Just wanted to point this out, I like the quote. (not picking on you Legion Fan, just using your post.)

The comment just goes to show how everyone has an opinion, and the thread title is based off of people on one side of it. There are just as many people who say it was a great expansion.....imagine that.
    I am not knocking anyone, or insulting anyone. The thread title: Why Do So Many People Say MoP is Their 2nd Worst Expansion?

Those are my reasons why it is the worse expac for me. Even Draenor ranked slightly higher simply because even though it was more orcs... it was not the silly Asian theme with the atrocious gear and the comic relief race. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and point of view. I have offered mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    I am not knocking anyone, or insulting anyone. The thread title: Why Do So Many People Say MoP is Their 2nd Worst Expansion?

Those are my reasons why it is the worse expac for me. Even Draenor ranked slightly higher simply because even though it was more orcs... it was not the silly Asian theme with the atrocious gear and the comic relief race. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and point of view. I have offered mine.
    Understood, was just highlighting your quote and your post to show how opinions can differ, and that it's OK. That's all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Understood, was just highlighting your quote and your post to show how opinions can differ, and that it's OK. That's all.
    Which is why I will never attack another poster for having a different pov

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    Easy. MoP wasn't a bad xpac as far as content goes, I think it was actually one of the better ones.

But it was so far removed from what the Warcraft franchise was about thematically that it was a little offputting

I wasn't a fan of the overall theme, liked the new class but the race not so much.. kinda hated the villain Garrosh as well.

Because Guess What? People Are Independent Creatures With Their Own Opinions And Ideas Of What Is Fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If it was me I'd say beacuse pandas and weeb theme. I don't play the FF shit for a reason.
    There is nothing weeb about MoP and nothing weeb about FFXIV (which is funny because even without MoP, WoW has more asian themes tbh, lol). Also, I hate it when people throw that ridiculous word around without knowing how it really applies to things/people. You're probably a typical me too hate anything asian for no good reason bro-gamer too (which are faaaaar more annoying than an actual weaboo btw).

MoP is still my favorite expansion with Wrath right behind it.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Reading this thread honestly makes you cringe so, so bad.

Why can't some of you simply accept that pandas are a very legitimate reason for someone to dislike the theme? Why do they need to go deep into their reasoning, and if they don't, some idiot with an anime profile picture or a pony one will use a big word to tell you how much of a fool you are and how jaded your reasoning is. To a lot of people theme and characters is a make or break for a game for immersion reasons and that is fine. I personally liked MoP due to content (not its theme), but it's no reason for the anime hordes to bombard the thread with pretentious garbage. Here, i'll change my opinion because some hentai warlord tells me it's not enough to make a judgement. Big sigh. If pandas damaged the image of the game for players, I don't blame them. Same with people who hate blood elves, night elves, DK's or DH's.

Stop crying.

Because the story was shitty and nonsensical? Other then that no clue.

TO be fair it was better then WoD and Cata so really it was the 3rd worst.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-10-11 at 04:07 AM.

Here's my ranking from best to worst. I was not a fan of the MOP lore and theme. Sorry but I believe they went with MOP to attract the huge Chinese market.

1) WOTLK
    2) Cata
    3) TBC
    4) Vanilla
    5) MOP
    6) Legion
    7) WOD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because many people jumped on the "HURR DURR PANDAS!!!!"hate bandwagon and never got off it.