Poll: Do you miss reforging?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a Demon Hunter my stats sit at around 9.0 Crit, 7.0 Vers, 4.0 Haste and 3.0 Mastery. If I get any item that doesn't have Crit or Vers 9 times outa 10, even with +20 or +30 iLvls, it's STILL going to be a useless vendor/DE piece of gear. And that's annoying. I'd REALLY enjoy having Reforge back just so I MIGHT have a chance at an upgrade that doesn't involve me needing to keep my 30 iLvl lower piece because of shit stats.

Deleted
    never again!!!

i miss reforging, especially with how rings and necks are now. wtb 100% reforge on a stat.

the fact that ilvls scale linear means theres a lot of 30+ ilvl upgrades i need to skip because they have 0 crit, and they only have maybe 150 more int, and 200 more secondary stats total, depending on the piece. its kind of depressing to get titanforged gear that i cant even use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Casuals can do literally exactly what they use to, and spend the exact same amount of time doing it, but now they will eventually, slowly, get better gear like they asked for, while us raiders still have our raids, as well as the loot pinata for WQs and M+.
    I'm not against an alternate progression system. Just against one that showers you with high ilvls epics for limitless grinding. And not because the casuals will get it, but because raiders will burnout on it and we'll have less of them. If you needed to reach m+10 to have competitive drops then it would've been better, but as it stands there are far too many repeatable sources for it.
    In HM you sharded gear (was less common than now, but happened) because there was no reforging. If you'd have that nothing would've been sharded. This was new, or to be more precise, a resurrected issue. But now you shard a lot of gear.
    Obviously the Korean MMO was an exaggeration, though I did play one before it was westernized. I know what an insane grind it is. And of course WoW is nowhere near that. Yet.
    I know Blizz only provides the content, but putting good gear behind grind rather than behind lockout will not turn out well for a lot of raiders.
    Last edited by dadev; 2016-10-10 at 09:52 PM.

I miss everything from mop. Including reforging.

I don't for the most part. There have been a few items that if I could reforge I would have used though, instead they are shards or I hold them for other specs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You know, reforging was implemented very poorly and nothing like the way it was originally described. However, anything would be better than the current system where almost every ilvl upgrade is a stat downgrade.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    True. But you have to admit that with the old system, although ilvl upgrades had high chance of being useful, equipping them was somewhat tedious nonetheless.
    Depends, if you were a minmaxer you could use an addon, if casual you could just add your fav stat. I much preferred that to the array of somethingforged items we have now. Whoever decided it was a good idea to make items randomly better/worse was an idiot.

I just wish they'd have given us back the reroll items for the 815 crafted so I wouldn't have to make 27 of the same belt before I got one that isn't dogshit secondaries.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2016-10-10 at 10:04 PM.

I'd take reforge over titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I just wish they'd have given us back the reroll items for the 815 crafted so I wouldn't have to make 27 of the same belt before I got one that isn't dogshit secondaries.
    That would be nice. It just got to the point I tossed what I made in the AH stopped trying and bought what I needed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I didn't in WoD but in legion yes... even the "prot" gear from EN has horrid stats for prot pallies like really??
    Exactly this. A whole tier of very poorly optimized gear. Not just one or two pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it was only really useful because of hit and expertise

there isnt much fun in "reforge every item to your best secondary stat" with that they might as well just drop like that
    Here is a novel idea. Put optimized stats on more than two pieces of gear in the currently offered raid and call it even.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Exactly this. A whole tier of very poorly optimized gear. Not just one or two pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a novel idea. Put optimized stats on more than two pieces of gear in the currently offered raid and call it even.
    there will be more of a selection when bigger raids open, this is only 7 bosses you cant optimize like 2 of each piece to fit every single class
    altough there's awfully little versatility on the leather items in EN that's for sure

blizzard has already said they're okay with items not always being optimal, if every item had bis stats it'd be boring they want you to have some of everything.

obviously this sucks for stuff like assa rogues and firemages who need lots and lots of crit, but overall it affects most classes similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Loot literally rains from the sky, and people complain because not every piece is good.
    yes. it rains from the sky. but please explain, bat stat items asside, why I would repeatedly be offered healing gear rewards day in and day out on a toon that would never be involved in that spec? it seems a bit broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belaera View Post
    The problem is that the value of each stat is so wild that one stat can be twice as valuable as another makes the +20 ilvl ring i got from heroic raids unusable and untradable to my friends. Also a big sad point when stuff procs titanforged and you basically vendor it.
    If you are raiding at any kind of level and using personal loot then it is kind of your own fault.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yes. it rains from the sky. but please explain, bat stat items asside, why I would repeatedly be offered healing gear rewards day in and day out on a toon that would never be involved in that spec? it seems a bit broken.
    Because some people who play paladins want healing gear. WQ rewards are the only things that aren't determined by your loot spec, and the only items this matters for, is trinkets and relics, and a lot of artifacts share relic slot types anyways.

Deleted
    I do. It made every piece of gear interesting by being able to forge away some unwanted stats for priority stats. I also enjoyed the balancing exercise with haste caps and the likes.

The amount of mail crit/versatility gear is staggering for my Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    I missed reforging when i geared my rogue for raiding because i often got bad stats... but overall i dont miss reforging! I think it kills the magic of good items because it makes them equal (not 100% but a little bit)

Yes. I have a hard time selling higher ilevel gear, because the stats on my lower gear are better. I just want to be able to upgrade my gear in a simple matter, higher ilevel = better, but that doesn't work at all atm

Yes. I really dislike getting neck and ring upgrade that are a pretty big ilvl upgrade, but a downgrade because they have no primary stat, and their secondary stats are bad.

Also. I really hate that legendaries for my spec come with stats that don't match the stats you need for that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    reforging was a ridiculous waste of time and effort. Noone really did anything but use addons or AskMrRobot to identify the "perfect" reforges, so any player decision was removed and simplified with an addon.

it provided no fun or interesting game play. i'm glad its gone. i hope it never comes back.
    Because needing a addon to see what gear is an upgrade is just as much fun... u traded one problem for a worse one... well done...