Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    On the contrary, there's a very short list of things which are 'fine' about the American education system.
    And you totally deliberately deleted the rest of the response just for your totally biased opinion on the school system.

You are appearing to be a classic example of somebody who has not continued learning past their high-school/college days.

isnt basic government class a highschool requirement already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Their opinions' worth just as much as the opinion of any other american voter.
    No, it isn't.* Ignorance is worth nothing, and it is certainly not equal to knowledge.

If you have a problem with that reality, you are perfectly free to leave it, as fast as you can manage.

*(Or perhaps, "No, they are not". Since you didn't actually write a sentence, getting correct subject-verb agreement in my reply was at best a matter of guesswork.)
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2016-10-11 at 05:30 AM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Their opinions' worth just as much as the opinion of any other american voter.
    Not if it leads them to violence, it isn't. A provable minority losing an election in the most watched (thanks Russia) one we'll ever have had, cannot justify their opinion to armed insurrection because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    isnt basic government class a highschool requirement already?
    Yeah, but 20+ years of a diet consisting of cheetos, beer and reality TV/American Football has mentaly reduced most of them back to a grade-school level.

I'd love for some talkshow to go around with a high-school level History test and give them to average voters in their 40s and 50s and see if they can even get half of them right.

you won't trust any MSM outlet, but a couple of nutbags that started a website or YT channel are fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    http://baltimoregazette.com/leaked-2...lion-in-taxes/

Trumps 2013 taxes were leaked not sure if real.
    Having trouble digging up anything to confirm. WNBC redirections to NBC New York's site, where I see no mention of the taxes, and the only other articles I see are from fringe sites sourcing the Baltimore Gazette. The Gazette seems legit from a super brief look at their articles, but no sure where they're getting the story from.

At this point, I'm disinclined to believe the story, especially given the nearly perfect 10% tithing to charity (conveniently the majority going to conservative groups which Trump has not historically supported including the Cato Institute, and who according to a quick Google search aren't fans of him). Also, I see nothing from the Trump camp that confirms this leak, contrary to the article that claims that Trump's campaign verified the document.

Seem its false ppl are saying there is no Baltimore Gazette.
    Not to mention none of the tabs under "local" and "national" news are not functioning - other than the "news" pannels paging accross which appear to be CSS-based scripted pulls from other sites to make them look legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Having trouble digging up anything to confirm. WNBC redirections to NBC New York's site, where I see no mention of the taxes, and the only other articles I see are from fringe sites sourcing the Baltimore Gazette. The Gazette seems legit from a super brief look at their articles, but no sure where they're getting the story from.

At this point, I'm disinclined to believe the story, especially given the nearly perfect 10% tithing to charity (conveniently the majority going to conservative groups which Trump has not historically supported including the Cato Institute, and who according to a quick Google search aren't fans of him). Also, I see nothing from the Trump camp that confirms this leak, contrary to the article that claims that Trump's campaign verified the document.
    The Baltimore Gazette was a paper that published briefly post Civil War, and someone revived it recently to start posting bullshit stories with.

It's fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

One point about the race itself : by default, it should be somewhat favorable for Trump

1)After two Democrat presidency
    2)In a situation of economic difficulty
    3)With a not terribly popular democrat candidate

But Trump was maybe for a week or two in the lead-since early 2016, he had always been trailing behind by 1,2 3 %

http://baltimoregazette.com/leaked-2...lion-in-taxes/

Trumps 2013 taxes were leaked not sure if real.
    It's complete bullshit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Gazette

From the Wikipedia link itself:
    The Baltimore Gazette, also known as the Baltimore Daily Gazette and The Gazette, was a daily newspaper published in Baltimore, Maryland between 1862 and 1875.[1][2] It broke some high-profile stories including the fact that The Turk, allegedly a chess playing machine, worked because a human chess master was operating it from the inside.

The paper was associated with several high profile figures in publishing and politics, including William Hinson Cole and William Wilkins Glenn.

In 2016, the name was revived in the form of a website which published phony news stories.[3]
    The above bold/italicized is sourced

See? this is EXACTLY the kind of irresponsible "journalism" the Dumpsters are seeing in their isolated bullshit social media cult-bubbles, and yet won't give a damn to fact-check because they WANT it to be true or (gods...) "Feel" it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah, but 20+ years of a diet consisting of cheetos, beer and reality TV/American Football has mentaly reduced most of them back to a grade-school level.

I'd love for some talkshow to go around with a high-school level History test and give them to average voters in their 40s and 50s and see if they can even get half of them right.
    you can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink...

from talking to various trump supporters i know, it really comes down to them feeling threatened by women and minorities.
    that is the crux of it. they do not care about facts or policy because they are driven by fear.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    One point about the race itself : by default, it should be somewhat favorable for Trump

1)After two Democrat presidency
    2)In a situation of economic difficulty
    3)With a not terribly popular democrat candidate

But Trump was maybe for a week or two in the lead-since early 2016, he had always been trailing behind by 1,2 3 %
    2: The narrative that we're having economic difficulty is laughable. We're not at 40% unemployment or whatever the fuck dump was talking.
    3: Obama has ~55% approval rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And you totally deliberately deleted the rest of the response just for your totally biased opinion on the school system.
    I removed the rest of the sentence because it's simply off-base. The majority of human brain development is done by the time the person's 25. Government schools have the child for at least half that. It stands to reason that some measure of the blame for their inability to discern fact from fiction lies on those schools. While I'm certain some portion of the population is unable to operate rationally because of alcohol-related brain damage, I'm skeptical of how far that assertion will carry through.

And "totally biased opinion of the school system". I'm genuinely curious how many people who are being intellectually honest think that the American schooling system, whether primary/secondary or tertiary, is performing well.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    No, it isn't.* Ignorance is worth nothing, and it is certainly not equal to knowledge.

If you have a problem with that reality, you are perfectly free to leave it, as fast as you can manage.

*(Or perhaps, "No, they are not". Since you didn't actually write a sentence, getting correct subject-verb agreement in my reply was at best a matter of guesswork.)
    The point is that these are American voters. They'll vote based on their irrational opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not if it leads them to violence, it isn't. A provable minority losing an election in the most watched (thanks Russia) one we'll ever have had, cannot justify their opinion to armed insurrection because of it.
    Mind, I don't condone any violent response to the outcome of the election, and I don't think they'll carry through on it- I think it's all bluster. I think this is an absolute extreme minority who would actually have an inkling of genuinely beginning a rebellion should Hillary win.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The truth is only About 3.3 million Republicans voted for Trump while 12 million Democrats voted for Trump in the primaries. That is why Trump lost almost every closed primary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind, I don't condone any violent response to the outcome of the election, and I don't think they'll carry through on it- I think it's all bluster.
    This is some scary level of paranoid shit here. I really hope you're right. Domestic terrorism is a real thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, Trump was reading from wikileaks stuff made big by a russian news agency at a speach.
    Seems what he was reading from was a News Week's article sent as a link.

http://europe.newsweek.com/vladimir-...k-508635?rm=eu
    From author of article. Links to Trump reading it aloud at a rally in the article.

I removed the rest of the sentence because it's simply off-base.The majority of human brain development is done by the time the person's 25. Government schools have the child for at least half that. It stands to reason that some measure of the blame for their inability to discern fact from fiction lies on those schools. While I'm certain some portion of the population is unable to operate rationally because of alcohol-related brain damage, I'm skeptical of how far that assertion will carry through.
    No, you removed the rest of the sentence because you are a coward who can't counter my point.

Jesus christ - when people talk about "the human brain development is done by the time the person is 25" is talking about PHYSICAL development! Cell development, shape, ect. FFS... they're not talking about MENTAL learning acuity or information gathering!

What information you pour INTO the brain changes what you know, and that goes beyond 25. If you feed it nothing but bullshit Breitbart tabloid hack pieces and football adds, you're going to live in a world of chestbeating fearmongers, regardless of how physically developed your brain is.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The Baltimore Gazette was a paper that published briefly post Civil War, and someone revived it recently to start posting bullshit stories with.

It's fake.
    Got it, thanks for the heads up. Guess all those sites that prompted me to like their "Hillary for Prison 2016!" Facebook pages were so happy that there was good news for Trump they didn't bother to verify the article they were copy/pasting was bullshit.

You know, like real journalists you can trust : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You know, like real journalists you can trust : P
    We can trust them because their failure to check shows they aren't controlled by the MSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?