Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Openers really... aren't important. People hyper obsess over them. Follow your normal priority list and you'll be fine.

And that priority list is that you refresh your buffs over hitting Stormstrike. They're all more valuable, and all proc from Storm Strike.
    Remember that you can't know that you are going to proc more storm strikes into a chain (it doesn't work that way), and that none of your buff applicators can proc stormstrike and overwrite the proc anyway! They're spells, not mainhand attacks.
    Only do it if they are actually going to fall off though, not if you are just within the pandemic window.

This only applies to BF/FT/FB. CL is not a high priority spell. Do not prioritise CL over SS.
    ...unless you are fighting two targets. At which point CL does apply a buff that is worth keeping up.

SS is a higher priority than CL on a single target. The buff to your next SS from CL on one target does not offset the lost DPS of delaying SS, especially as CL can proc Stormbringer itself. On a single target, the buff is good because you use CL as filler when you can't hit SS.

On two targets, SS is still a higher priority than CL, but keeping the CL buff that causes the "echo" attack is a higher priority than SS, though its duration is longer than CL's cooldown. As this buff won't even proc on a single target, you don't have to worry about keeping it up on a single target :P

On three targets, CL overtakes SS in priority.
    Great, was just coming in to ask a question that is already answered less than 3 hours ago. Good stuff, thanks

I was doing the right thing then, saw some Enhancement streamers make plenty of mistakes on a Mythic kill and it had me doubting. Just human error due to focus on the fight I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dopefishz View Post
    Am I the only one to find that playing with HS can be a major pain in the ass sometimes ? There are situations where I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Like I'm keeping Boulderfist/Landslide, Frostbrand and Flametongue up and press Stormstrike whenever it's up again or proccs. I try to plan ahead as best as I can, but sometimes there are these insane chainproccs of Stormbringer and I struggle to decide what to press. Do I stop casting Stormstrike without BF/FB/FT up and refresh those first or do I just hammer away ? Do I still need to keep CL on cooldown during these times ?

Also what's the right opener with HS ?
    Right now I
    -cast FT while running in
    -cast BF
    -cast FB
    -wolves
    -DW
    -cast CL
    (-cast 2nd BF if Maelstrom is too low for SS)
    -cast SS

Is that alright ?
    It won't matter much, but ideally you will do:
    BF while running in (same range as FT)
    FB
    Wolves
    CL (to activate wolves aoe ability)
    FT
    (BF if less than 6 secs left on landslide, which there probably will be)
    DW+SS at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellante_mazrigos View Post
    It won't matter much, but ideally you will do:
    BF while running in (same range as FT)
    FB
    Wolves
    CL (to activate wolves aoe ability)
    FT
    (BF if less than 6 secs left on landslide, which there probably will be)
    DW+SS at the same time.
    You can CL before wolves and still have Alpha Wolf activated. Gives you like... 1 auto I guess with it activated as opposed to using CL afterwards

Deleted
    Doesn't Alpha Wolf need 2 targets? Thought they made that change to make us less prone to just spam CL and make the wolves stronger on ST?

Item level is so meaningless this expansion. My 870 Nature's Call was worse than my 855 Egg of Serpentrix, which is worse than the 835 Swarming Plaguehive that just dropped for me. Do they just expect everyone to sim everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Triplemoe View Post
    Doesn't Alpha Wolf need 2 targets? Thought they made that change to make us less prone to just spam CL and make the wolves stronger on ST?
    No, they never made this change.
    The CL buff itself only applies on two targets, but Alpha Wolf just requires you to CL while wolves are active.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Item level is so meaningless this expansion. My 870 Nature's Call was worse than my 855 Egg of Serpentrix, which is worse than the 835 Swarming Plaguehive that just dropped for me. Do they just expect everyone to sim everything?
    This is because certain trinket procs scale with our mastery. This causes certain trinkets (SFF, DSB, EoS, ect..) to be rather stronger than others even at lower ilvls. If you compare these trinkets with no mastery scaling the ilvl would be much more indicative of the relative power of the trinket.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    How reliable are current update simcraft for trinkets? My 840 Baton simmed higher than my 850 chrono shard, should I trust that?

Edit: Also, is AMR better than SimC? Which is more reliable?
    Last edited by Hareem; 2016-10-11 at 09:55 PM.

baton is OP , mines only 845 and out performs 860 trinket from jim

- - - Updated - - -

should we be going for different stats after we cap out of wf/stormbringer chance>?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    baton is OP , mines only 845 and out performs 860 trinket from jim

- - - Updated - - -

should we be going for different stats after we cap out of wf/stormbringer chance>?
    If you can achieve 100% proc chance, sure. Pretty sure though that you cant do that
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

at 70% mastery wf chance is 25 and stormbringer is 10%, at 78% mastery they do not increase

even throwing all stats away and using shitter gear with more mastery and pushing it all the way to 81% mastery i dont gain any more % on tooltip of stormbringer and wf even though it says in stat sheet that its gone up another 1% from a full 10% mastery
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2016-10-12 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potsu View Post
    This is because certain trinket procs scale with our mastery. This causes certain trinkets (SFF, DSB, EoS, ect..) to be rather stronger than others even at lower ilvls. If you compare these trinkets with no mastery scaling the ilvl would be much more indicative of the relative power of the trinket.
    Egg deals fire damage, Plaguehive deals nature. Both scale with mastery in the same way, but the lower item level trinket is still better.

at 70% mastery wf chance is 25 and stormbringer is 10%, at 78% mastery they do not increase

even throwing all stats away and using shitter gear with more mastery and pushing it all the way to 81% mastery i dont gain any more % on tooltip of stormbringer and wf even though it says in stat sheet that its gone up another 1% from a full 10% mastery
    Tested this out with 89% mastery using the class hall buff, mastery tooltip says 5.56% increase, while stormbringer says 11%. I think it just rounds the amount.

so we pretty much need almost another 20% mastery past 70% to get 1% proc chance? zzz

so we pretty much need almost another 20% mastery past 70% to get 1% proc chance? zzz
    I don't know why you are assuming it's non linear but i'll give you a few points to plot to check it yourself.

% Mastery +% SB
    16.00 1.00
    36.00 2.25
    56.55 3.53
    66.09 4.13
    86.09 5.38
    104.55 6.53

This is linear, so whatever % Mastery you're at, you need 16% more for +1%. And yeah I've done the same with Master Rating vs +% SB, also linear.

makes sense, would it ever get high enough that an increase in haste would give more stormbringer procs than mastery? say your over 80% mastery and you gain more procs from additional abilities used from the haste cd reduction?

Deleted
    I don't know which trinket I should equip

I use a 865 ursoc one but for the second I have :

850 DSB
    850 memento
    880 swarming plaguehive
    865 appendage

I tried the swarming plaguehive but I feel its weaker than the appendage due to the tentacle that proc strombringer, but on the enhancement discord there is a pinned gdocs with trinket ranking and plaguehive is higher but does it count the tentacle proccing strombringer ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by megamo View Post
    I don't know which trinket I should equip

I use a 865 ursoc one but for the second I have :

850 DSB
    850 memento
    880 swarming plaguehive
    865 appendage

I tried the swarming plaguehive but I feel its weaker than the appendage due to the tentacle that proc strombringer, but on the enhancement discord there is a pinned gdocs with trinket ranking and plaguehive is higher but does it count the tentacle proccing strombringer ?
    Curious about this as well.
    Im running ursoc and memento atm, but your other 2 options are very good.
    Also Wordup seems to be having the same trinkets (he also has appendage):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Werdup/simple

Did you tried to simcraft?

And most important question to other guys out there, is simulationcraft exact when simming trinkets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Curious about this as well.
    Im running ursoc and memento atm, but your other 2 options are very good.
    Also Wordup seems to be having the same trinkets (he also has appendage):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Werdup/simple

Did you tried to simcraft?

And most important question to other guys out there, is simulationcraft exact when simming trinkets?
    It seem that it doesn't record stormbringer proc from tentacle that's why I can't choose, the only thing I can say is that I feel weaker with 880 plaguehive than with 865 appendage, might try out memento again I haven't tested it since I have ursoc trinket

I also got a 870 nature's call but sim place it lower than 850 memento
    Last edited by mmoc0f11effab7; 2016-10-13 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by megamo View Post
    It seem that it doesn't record stormbringer proc from tentacle that's why I can't choose, the only thing I can say is that I feel weaker with 880 plaguehive than with 865 appendage, might try out memento again I haven't tested it since I have ursoc trinket

I also got a 870 nature's call but sim place it lower than 850 memento
    Thats what I thought, I wouldnt switch Ursoc tho.
    Well, do what I did and test it on target dummy (I know.. :/ ) But still you can see some differencies.
    My bet is on Ursoc/App or Ursoc/Memento if you feel plaguehive is lacking.