Jeweled Signet of Melandrus

I'm Currently using Utgards royal signet (855) i have a jeweled signet of melandrus (850) it has less crit when i simmed both rings simcraft says the jeweled signet is a DPS loss but im thinking thats the case because it maybe isnt factoring the 10% auto attack damage How good is this ring with a chaos blade build?

Bad. The 10% damage only applies to white hits.

Good question, I am not sure if it affects the 200% chaos damage change to your auto attacks. I mean 10% isn't much given our white hits doesn't account for much, but when its chaos damage it is affected by mastery and bypasses armor does it not?

Even if it does though, that bonus is only during CB.

Deleted
    It's a dmg increase by far and it's BiS ring if you can get it at good item level.

Try simming it. It came out ahead as 855 compared to my 880 ring, with more or less same stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Good question, I am not sure if it affects the 200% chaos damage change to your auto attacks. I mean 10% isn't much given our white hits doesn't account for much, but when its chaos damage it is affected by mastery and bypasses armor does it not?

Even if it does though, that bonus is only during CB.
    I do not think its the same as white hits, as it is a completely different damage source in skada for me, instead of Attack, its Chaos Blades hits, which tells me, no the chaos blade auto attacks, are not actual white hits
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    I do not think its the same as white hits, as it is a completely different damage source in skada for me, instead of Attack, its Chaos Blades hits, which tells me, no the chaos blade auto attacks, are not actual white hits
    They aren't white hits, but their damage is based off what the white hit would have hit for. The 10% should affect the base white damage, which is then doubled and turned into chaos damage. If this is the case then a 10k physical hit should turn into a more than 20k chaos hit depending on how much damage reduction the armour had.

If I ever get the ring to drop i'll test it, but perhaps the OP can test it on target dummies.

simc does use the 10% aa as you can see your autoattack damage go up 10%~ in the results..

now whether simc's interaction with chaos blades is correct or not is another question. perhaps ask in the discord?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    They aren't white hits, but their damage is based off what the white hit would have hit for. The 10% should affect the base white damage, which is then doubled and turned into chaos damage. If this is the case then a 10k physical hit should turn into a more than 20k chaos hit depending on how much damage reduction the armour had.

If I ever get the ring to drop i'll test it, but perhaps the OP can test it on target dummies.
    True, im about to head to class so i cant test it, but i do have that ring so i can test it later
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

I also got an 855 Version of that ring with a socket and it pulls ahead even of my 870 ring by about 3-4k dps. I used SimCraft.