Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. You can actually generate custom weights with our simulator which is more thorough than any other source of stat weights.

When you run a 'gearing strategy,' we look at thousands of data points for each stat AND run every trinket and item with a proc through a full set of simulations. When the simulation finishes you get custom stat weights AND all of the items with procs are bundled in that report so when you rank items, it comes directly from those simulations.

The stat weights also let you plan out how far you want to look for gear. Right now? 10 iLevel outs? Further?
    hi, i am new to AMR and am wondering if there is more info on what the "default rotation" is (not that there is another choice) as well as the explanations for the fight types (iskar, ST 300, etc.). some i can figure out, others i basically skipped WoD and have no idea what that means.

thank you!

Has anyone used http://www.wowhead.com/item=130237/t...ce-of-prophecy
    Does the healing amount to anything significant or it's not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    Has anyone used http://www.wowhead.com/item=130237/t...ce-of-prophecy
    Does the healing amount to anything significant or it's not worth it?
    I use this for my mistweaver and it does like 1% - 1.5% of my total heal in raid settings depending which boss.

I was checking out tops of Warcraftlogs and I couldn't notice anyone using Six-Feather Fan.

Anyone knows why?
    Like, is it behind Memento of Angerboda? Because 90% of people are using it.
    Sims shows that Six-Feather Fan is still ahead of it, but I still don't know if I should invest in the trinket or just farm MoS all the weekend

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    I was checking out tops of Warcraftlogs and I couldn't notice anyone using Six-Feather Fan.

Anyone knows why?
    Like, is it behind Memento of Angerboda? Because 90% of people are using it.
    Sims shows that Six-Feather Fan is still ahead of it, but I still don't know if I should invest in the trinket or just farm MoS all the weekend
    I'm guessing the main reason is, that it's impossible to farm the trinket. It's just a random world drop. Whereas Memento can be farmed quite easily. That is especially the case in the higher-end progress guilds, where many people have multiple chars, and so they have a higher chance of getting the keys.
    In addition, the Fan is only 835 as a base drop. To get that trinket to high item levels, one would have to be really lucky. Whereas the Memento has (depending on mythic / mythic+) between 840 and up to 865 bas item level, or up to 880 if you're lucky enough to get it in the chest.

Based on the sims for pre-raid trinkets on Walking the Wind, Memento also wins out against Fan on multiple targets, and Fan isn't really far ahead on one target. Those sims seem to have been done with 840 on both trinkets, which is already a 1x warforged Fan vs the lowest mythic Memento possible.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-10-07 at 05:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I'm guessing the main reason is, that it's impossible to farm the trinket. It's just a random world drop. Whereas Memento can be farmed quite easily. That is especially the case in the higher-end progress guilds, where many people have multiple chars, and so they have a higher chance of getting the keys.
    In addition, the Fan is only 835 as a base drop. To get that trinket to high item levels, one would have to be really lucky. Whereas the Memento has (depending on mythic / mythic+) between 840 and up to 865 bas item level, or up to 880 if you're lucky enough to get it in the chest.

Based on the sims for pre-raid trinkets on Walking the Wind, Memento also wins out against Fan on multiple targets, and Fan isn't really far ahead on one target. Those sims seem to have been done with 840 on both trinkets, which is already a 1x warforged Fan vs the lowest mythic Memento possible.
    Nailed it. This is exactly the reason why.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

@TheGoatRiot
    Here's a link to the rotation we are using. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory...r&version=live

Single Target is the standard 'stand and DPS' fight, which a lot of theory is currently based off. Iskar is a good AoE fight. Soon we'll have all of the Emerald Nightmare bosses ready to release, which will help people base theory on 'real' fights

Here's a link to a bunch of videos that might help as well. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...P0oKd1i8LIWEa6
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. You can actually generate custom weights with our simulator which is more thorough than any other source of stat weights.

When you run a 'gearing strategy,' we look at thousands of data points for each stat AND run every trinket and item with a proc through a full set of simulations. When the simulation finishes you get custom stat weights AND all of the items with procs are bundled in that report so when you rank items, it comes directly from those simulations.

The stat weights also let you plan out how far you want to look for gear. Right now? 10 iLevel outs? Further?

To run a gearing strategy:
    1. Go to the sim setup page: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/run
    2. Load your character
    3. Change the sim type on the right from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy'
    4. Change the min/max iLevel in the options that show up. I'd advise NOT to change the margin of errors, unless you are willing for the simulation to take hours instead of just 30 minutes.
    5. Click Simulate.

When you're done, click the green 'save and use' button the report and everything, including the trinket simulation data, is imported onto your character gear page
    These features along with best in bag/bank were enough to get me to purchase premium at the launch of Legion. Any plans to bring back the boss logging? I really really loved the interface during WoD.

Deleted
    have 860 unstable arcanocrystal. Wondering if its better than 835 Agility+mastery trinket?
    Last edited by mmoce35564bdf0; 2016-10-08 at 09:10 AM.

What is the best time to use EE, is it at 0 chi and almost 0 energy? And if I use EE and then use blackout kick once and left with 4 chi and other chi abilities are still on cd, do I use CJL and use blackout kick again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    have 860 unstable arcanocrystal. Wondering if its better than 835 Agility+mastery trinket?
    http://askmrrobot.com

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    What is the best time to use EE, is it at 0 chi and almost 0 energy? And if I use EE and then use blackout kick once and left with 4 chi and other chi abilities are still on cd, do I use CJL and use blackout kick again?
    0 Chi and RSK or SotW available to use afterward. The less energy the better.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Will the new pots in 7.1 (2500 agi for 1 min) be the best option for WDP?

Should be the best option for wdp, since u can use sef twice within the new pots 1min duration. May match or even outdps serenity in middle duration single fight (3-4mins) since u can use sef 4 times at prepot and last 1 min.
    Last edited by archkiller; 2016-10-11 at 03:59 AM.

Need some advice here. Is it smarter to go with the lower ilvl glove/boot set for the bonus, or stick with the higher ilvl boots and gloves with the higher agility and base mastery?

http://imgur.com/SKtMQVp
    Last edited by Swagula; 2016-10-11 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagula View Post
    Need some advice here. Is it smarter to go with the lower ilvl glove/boot set for the bonus, or stick with the higher ilvl boots and gloves with the higher agility and base mastery?

The higher itemlevel items for sure.

The mastery-procc has a quite big inner CD and proccs rarely. Not even reliable at the start of a fight. Sadly not a great Set for this reason. Go for Baseline Stats.

Deleted

I'll use the set until Nighthold. It procs so often, it's awesome.

I read on wowhead this set has about 28% up time, and averages to about 840 mastery. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    I read on wowhead this set has about 28% up time, and averages to about 840 mastery. Hope that helps.
    The proc widely varies for me, I've gone fights where it only proc'd once at about 5% uptime. Other times I've had it as high as 50% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Should be the best option for wdp, since u can use sef twice within the new pots 1min duration. May match or even outdps serenity in middle duration single fight (3-4mins) since u can use sef 4 times at prepot and last 1 min.
    Good points, but I doubt it, tbh.